Hotarek/Berton close to splitting | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Hotarek/Berton close to splitting

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I don't know. This is what a FS journalist told me, that they do intend to continue.
In any case Anna and Luca are not related to what happens between Berton and Hotarek. I mean Hotarek marrying Anna will not effect her career.

Thanks for the info. :)

Maybe some people were assuming that if Anna gets married she would leave her career, but that may be old-fashioned thinking.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I could live with C and L retiring on top - very nice. they will be passed by the Americans eventually and Russians and maybe Weaver and Poje as well. As for ou r Italian Pair team they seemed to have some upward momentum and now are sort of stumbling back like Osmond - though Osmond may be more understandable. They may stay togehter knowing the Canadian pair situation is a mess. And who knows if V and T are really coming back.

Alba

Record Breaker
I could live with C and L retiring on top - very nice. they will be passed by the Americans eventually and Russians and maybe Weaver and Poje as well.

I agree.

As for ou r Italian Pair team they seemed to have some upward momentum and now are sort of stumbling back like Osmond - though Osmond may be more understandable. They may stay togehter knowing the Canadian pair situation is a mess. And who knows if V and T are really coming back.

I think they should've changed their coach.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Hey, doesn't Berton become a US citizen after she marries Rockne? She could skate with Shnapir since he could handle a taller girl!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Hey, doesn't Berton become a US citizen after she marries Rockne? She could skate with Shnapir since he could handle a taller girl!

No. She will pretty much automatically get a green card (meaning have the right to live in America as long as she's living with Rocknee) but there is a lengthy wait after that for citizenship. Moreover, the Italina fed still would need to release her, even if she had dual citizenship.

Aklaus

Rinkside
I don't know. This is what a FS journalist told me, that they do intend to continue.
In any case Anna and Luca are not related to what happens between Berton and Hotarek. I mean Hotarek marrying Anna will not effect her career.

C/L had an interview with Mrs. Flade. After reading this I consider them even more nice persons than I did before already.
They said they were shocked be winning the two titles this season. They had never expected to become champios ever.
They want to continue and trying some more emotional pieces coming back to their roots. They don't have to prove anything.
They could write history already and nobody can take that awy.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
She doesn't have to be a citizens to skate for the US at Worlds, only for the Olympics. However, she does have to be released by Italy and wait out a year since her last comp for Italy, AFAIR.