Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

musicfan80

Medalist
I was so proud of Aliona and Bruno for their SP today. This program is fun to watch with a lot of promise as they get more confidence with it. I hope that they didn't get too discouraged by the mistakes.

Good Luck to them in the LP tomorrow! :cheer:

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/11/03/208149106
Savchenko and Massot opened their Caro Emerald routine with a massive triple twist, but they both tumbled on side-by-side triple salchows, with Savchenko also falling on a throw triple axel. The European silver medalists received 69.51 points to position themselves in second, but the pair is fully aware that mistakes cost them the top spot entering the free skate.

"I don't know what happened," Savchenko said. "It was the first time that we fell on the jump. As for the lift, my skirt got in the way and I couldn't execute it properly."

janav

On the Ice
I know this is S/M's thread but the random cuts at the smirking (and ever so handsome) Robin before and after their FS made my day.

And major :bow: for that quad sal attempt right at the end of their program. These two are not messing around.

moriel

Record Breaker
Do we have any news on them?
TAT just said during men's warmup that S/M WD from gala due to injury

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Savchenko and Massot take back-to-back Grand Prix gold

Unfortunately, Savchenko sprained her right ankle when she fell on the throw triple Axel. They scored a total of 210.59.

“I felt a sharp pain, but I tried to continue (the best I could),” said Savchenko. “I just had to.”

While the pair elements, such as lifts and spins, were strong, the team decided not to go for the quad throw Salchow under these circumstances. Nevertheless, Savchenko stepped out of the landing of a triple throw Salchow. The usually tough skater was in tears in the mixed zone, barely able to speak. A bit later, she felt better, but was limping at the victory ceremony and had to withdraw from the exhibition gala.

“We need to check out the injury at home to find out whether the injury is serious or if it is only a strain that will be okay after a few days,” coach Alexander Koenig said.

Massot looked very nervous in the long program, but he pointed out that he enjoyed skating in France again.

“I think we got a very good welcome here,” said the French-born skater. “It was amazing to skate here. It was really hard to do two competitions in a row, physically, but more so in the head. I did bad mistakes in the beginning of the program, but I came back and we did good lifts.”

Poor Aliona :( I hope her injury is not serious.

musicfan80

Medalist
I hope Aliona takes the rest and recovery that she needs - sprained ankles can be REALLY ugly if they are re-injured too soon.

Worst case scenario - if they can't compete at German Nationals, surely they can petition and probably be selected to go to Europeans/Worlds if she is fully recovered.

reneerose

Final Flight
The post with emoticons and hashtags #competition #shortprogram makes me curious about Aliona's ankle condition. Are they alluding to plan to compete in GPF?

It seems that they could wait until the last possible moment on whether or not they will withdraw......I would hate for her to be skating hurt though...

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
I absolute wish Aliona a quick recovery and hope that she doesn't rush her recovery to compete in the GPF. They already get top pair PCS, so there is really nothing to prove. The goal is OG gold, and missing GPF this year really doesn't stray far off from that path. I also hope that should they decide that they can't compete, that they will withdraw with enough time so that the first alternate can go because those pairs also deserve a chance in the GPF. But anyways, from the instagram post it seems that she's in high spirits, so please take care of that injury!

reneerose

Final Flight
I absolute wish Aliona a quick recovery and hope that she doesn't rush her recovery to compete in the GPF. They already get top pair PCS, so there is really nothing to prove. The goal is OG gold, and missing GPF this year really doesn't stray far off from that path. I also hope that should they decide that they can't compete, that they will withdraw with enough time so that the first alternate can go because those pairs also deserve a chance in the GPF. But anyways, from the instagram post it seems that she's in high spirits, so please take care of that injury!

Yeah hope they alert as soon as they know because it would suck for the alternates to not have enough notice...I read another article and it sounds like a partially ruptured ligament? They should play it safe and not risk a full rupture.

Plumededragon

Medalist
I want to see them live in Marseille, but if Aliona is not fully recovered, I'd rather see her resting to be fully healed for
Nationals and EC.

The Finn

Record Breaker
We should know today if they will withdraw or not.

The participation of the Oberstdorf runners Aliona Savchenko and Bruno Massot in the Grand Prix final of the figure skaters in Marseille next week is still questionable.

After a new medical examination, it is to be decided on Wednesday whether a start in the French metropolis is possible and meaningful.

The 32-year-old Savchenko had a partial tear of the inner band in his right ankle, two weeks ago at the Trophee de France in Paris. Nevertheless, the duo had won this competition in the French capital.

"Aliona is doing well in the circumstances, but the pain has not yet completely disappeared at high load," said coach Alexander König on Monday the "SID". Should the runners-up of the European Championships cancel their start in Marseille on Wednesday, the German championships on the 16th / December her next competition in Berlin.
http://www.sport.de/news/ne2523124/savchenko-massot-bangen-um-grand-prix-finale/

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Here is an announcement published on the DEU site:
http://www.eislauf-union.de/Savchen...bsagen_Newsdetail_612_kkdetail_view_news.html

Google translate
Cancellation of Grand Prix Final

Aljona Savchenko / Bruno Massot have to cancel the Grand Prix final in Marseille due to the foot injury of Aljona. The couple tried everything to the end, but the time was unfortunately too short to heal the injury suffered in Paris.
We keep our fingers crossed for a quick recovery!

It's sad but it's a right decision. I wish her a complete recovery!!

musicfan80

Medalist
Sad - but I would much rather see Aliona completely heal so that her and Bruno can excel at Europeans/Worlds. Not to mention the 2018 Olympics, which is a little over a year away.