Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
I love their LP music! I hope they have a great program and an amazing season.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Aljona! I've already sent her greetings on her IG and FB pages.

I've always perceived her as being a fierce competitor, sort of no-nonsense, and a bit unapproachable. I've always loved her competitive spirit, athleticism and artistry. But I've got to say, she's become much more "open" as a person (at least in the public eye) since she did her TSL interview last year (when she still seemed to struggle a bit with her English occasionally, but still more than held her own), posted to social media, and has been forthcoming about the struggles she's had in making a return with a new partner. Seems she has the respect of her competitors as well, she and Meagan and Wenjing seemed to have been having a little party backstage at Boston Worlds. Something about her demeanor makes her less intimidating and more down-to-earth. She's been through a lot and she seems grateful to compete, and is happy. I'm so glad for her :)

:clap:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Aljona! I've already sent her greetings on her IG and FB pages.

I've always perceived her as being a fierce competitor, sort of no-nonsense, and a bit unapproachable. I've always loved her competitive spirit, athleticism and artistry. But I've got to say, she's become much more "open" as a person (at least in the public eye) since she did her TSL interview last year (when she still seemed to struggle a bit with her English occasionally, but still more than held her own), posted to social media, and has been forthcoming about the struggles she's had in making a return with a new partner. Seems she has the respect of her competitors as well, she and Meagan and Wenjing seemed to have been having a little party backstage at Boston Worlds. Something about her demeanor makes her less intimidating and more down-to-earth. She's been through a lot and she seems grateful to compete, and is happy. I'm so glad for her :)

:clap:

What a thoughtful and touching post it is! As much as I'm moved by your post, I think she would be very pleased by your comments for her on the social media.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
love it, I think she double footed her landing but otherwise quite a clean showing. What a smart idea to add an ice dancer to choreograph the program, it looks really dancey and they capture quite well the cheeky spirit of swing.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
What an amazing SP skate today! Way to go! And that 3A throw- she did it! She finally has a guy who can help her to rock it. Wow.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Bruno is just fantastic and so light on his skates even though he looks big. She is so relaxed with him and they play off of each other so well. This season could be just what they need before Oly year.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
I like this program and choreography. Aliona could have been more happy at the kiss and cry , because they were really good. I wish them health and hope they show us some clean free skate as well.

I want to thank Aliona for posting very nice previews of their programs and nice and new elements during the off season. I really like that they don't just do their elements but also put some nice choreography and try to be innovative with nice touches at the elements as well.

NicolettaL

Final Flight
This program is sooooooo good. That I hope they will also visit Warsaw Challenger this year that I can see this and cheer loudly and proudly live. What an awesome choreography. I love it because Aliona is a diva and queen (we know) but it also presents us Bruno here in a nice smooth and swingy way. I missed that last year as their programes were mostly focused on presenting Aliona. I think they are capable of taking this gold from IO 2018 home and I hope they will. Twist exsit is a pure love. Way to kick off the season and when you think how much better it can be when Aliona will be feeling better :D
Oh and I want to underline that their 3A is like almost out of nowhere so even more wow :D I don't like the choreos (cough D/R) when preparing for a throw jump takes hours and hours

Last edited:

Pika

Final Flight
I love this SP !! They rock it :)
The 3A is enormous, I can't wait to see them in Marseille, I don't want to jinx them, but they look ready this early in the season.

Nathan13

Medalist
I must say that their music choice this season for their FP is one of the most inspired, unique, and smart choices I have ever seen. I'm grateful to them that they got me hooked on Patrick Watson music. I really think that it's going to be a huge year for them...I mean they got a World bronze medal in their first season together. Second season has so much potential.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
I must say that their music choice this season for their FP is one of the most inspired, unique, and smart choices I have ever seen. I'm grateful to them that they got me hooked on Patrick Watson music. I really think that it's going to be a huge year for them...I mean they got a World bronze medal in their first season together. Second season has so much potential.

Yes, I love them too and if you like Patrick Watson then listen and above look at papadakis/cizeron FD from last season, it's also Patrick Wilson voice with the cinematic orchestra. I think those two teams have made great choices in music so far.
Aljona and Bruno have made such a smart choice by inviting an ice dancer to help choreograph. It makes for a very artistic looking FD, it can set them apart as long as they can nail down their elements of course.

Last edited:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I really like both their SP and their FS!! I was not a huge fan last season but I think they improved a lot and I really appreciate the original choreographic touches, the fluidity and that kind of artistic statement with that song in the FS. I am excited for them this season!!

janav

On the Ice
I'm usually the first to gush over Aliona (girlcrush!) but I think Bruno deserves BIG shout-out now. His improvement from last season is almost unbelievable - not that he wasn't amazing then but skating with The Diva and not being overshadowed by her is hard.

I frankly didn't think S/M were balanced pair- it was always Aliona and 'some guy' for me. Now it's quite different story. Love them as a pair! And the programs fit them perfectly. Kudos, John Kerr!

Nathan13

Medalist
Of all of the programs across any discipline, Savchenko and Massot's FP is the one I'm most excited to see at it's best. I love their music choice and I cannot wait to see them perform it at Rostelecom! I think they will be World Champions this year!!! :hap10:

cocotaffy

Final Flight
I don't want to jinx them but I hope they'll land safe and on 1 foot for her. Both their SD and FP are gorgeous this year, if they can get their elements done they can be a real contender for gold. Please, skating gods I implore you :bow: