Figure Skating-ISU president must quit before sport dies | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Figure Skating-ISU president must quit before sport dies

Anna K.

Final Flight
Country
Latvia
This thread gonna be funny as hell. Focus on current ISU president.

Why, Tim Wood speaking out is even more interesting matter. I just went through the original topic and found this comment:

Sk8eycat 10 hours ago

Figure skating has degenerated into a jumping contest since the mid-1980s. I stopped watching att figure skatiing competitions after Lake Placid...it's become more boring with every year. In fact, I'd rather see them bring back compulsory school figures, and make them 25% of the score. That IS why they still call it "figure skating."

We don't see such a blast from the past every day!

Alain

Match Penalty
Who said the sport is dying. Not for me. I see some guys are still angry that their guy or guys did not win. But it is their problem.

Anna K.

Final Flight
Country
Latvia
Who said the sport is dying. Not for me. I see some guys are still angry that their guy or guys did not win. But it is their problem.

Sk8eycat must be particulary angry because of that :yes:

Big Deal

Final Flight
So it seems that Sotnikova unfair gold medal proved to be a larger scandal after some time of the Game than the infamous one in 2002 in Salt Lake City.
Because people realized that, the whole system was misused by MOST of the judges . It was not (only) becauuse of the fake nationality of the judges (ala "Ukrainian" and "Finnish" Russians in the technical and judges panel), but even the other judges "served" something very different rthan sport (politics? money? only they know it)....

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
So it seems that Sotnikova unfair gold medal proved to be a larger scandal after some time of the Game than the infamous one in 2002 in Salt Lake City.

Not really. The negative comments on Adelina's social media pages are entirely from Koreans and Korean Americans. Most everyone else is supportive of or indifferent to the outcome.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Not really. The negative comments on Adelina's social media pages are entirely from Koreans and Korean Americans. Most everyone else is supportive of or indifferent to the outcome.
Really? Most people supportive? How do you know that? It appears to me that everyone else except Russian and some of Japanese disapprove of the result :laugh:

Anna K.

Final Flight
Country
Latvia
Really? Most people supportive? How do you know that? It appears to me that everyone else except Russian and some of Japanese disapprove of the result :laugh:

I guess drivingmissdaisy was provoked by the quote from the original article ;):popcorn:

Figure skating made a swath of negative headlines at the Sochi Olympics in February when Russia's Adelina Sotnikova took a shock gold in the women's event which drew derision outside of the host nation.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

Americans are generally supportive or indifferent. Don't take my word for it though, look at the petition signatures or the comments on Adelina's social media pages and see how many are from South Koreans (or people of Korean descent). There are a few people out there trying to use this as an excuse to get rid of a judging system they have disliked for awhile, but as far as outrage over the outcome it is very very isolated.

lavender

Record Breaker
Americans are generally supportive or indifferent. Don't take my word for it though, look at the petition signatures or the comments on Adelina's social media pages and see how many are from South Koreans (or people of Korean descent). There are a few people out there trying to use this as an excuse to get rid of a judging system they have disliked for awhile, but as far as outrage over the outcome it is very very isolated.

I'm American (not Korean) and I was far from indifferent. My whole family and friends were pissed off by the cheating and I liked Adelina.

Ven

Match Penalty
I'm American (not Korean) and I was far from indifferent. My whole family and friends were pissed off by the cheating and I liked Adelina.

Same here. There are many Americans, Canadians, Europeans, and other Asians besides Korean who feel the Sochi fraud was an outrage.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Same here. There are many Americans, Canadians, Europeans, and other Asians besides Korean who feel the Sochi fraud was an outrage.
Yes but the outrage only lasted for 1-2 weeks at most. I mean I also think the scores was rigged but frankly, besides the victims, the worlds forget it quickly. I have checked some online threads about this matter in my language, the talk about the scoring at Sochi only last for several days. Then people just moved on. After all, no Olympic has gone without any scandal. :slink:
I remember the world cup 2002, Spain was robbed and football fans were crazy for like...1-2 weeks. After that no one cared to remind the event.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yes but the outrage only lasted for 1-2 weeks at least. I mean I also think the scores was rigged but frankly, besides the victims, the worlds forget it quickly. I have checked some online threads about this matter in my language, the talk about the scoring at Sochi only last for several days. Then people just moved on. After all, no Olympic has gone without any scandal. :slink:

and the only ones who keep brining up this topics are the Yuna [fans]
lol at the whole world thought it was a fraud

says the same [..] poster who was making a smear campaign on Julia since her win at Europeans
guess the Yuna [fan] was threatened the favorite Yuna would be deprived of her crowned gold in Sochi

Last edited by a moderator:

Ven

Match Penalty
No, you were pissed off by the outcome, as there is no evidence of cheating.

If your bank account is suddenly emptied by someone else, but you don't have evidence who did it or how they got away with it, does that mean your money wasn't stolen?

In this case, we actually have suspects and clearly incorrect technical calls. We have a lot more to go on.

The fans are outraged and don't accept the results, whether you like it or not.

lavender

Record Breaker
No, you were pissed off by the outcome, as there is no evidence of cheating. Questionable calls perhaps, but Yuna benefitted from close calls as well.

No I wasn't just pissed off at the outcome or even just the ladies outcome:rolleye:. I also wasn't necessarily rooting for Yuna.