Figure Skating-ISU president must quit before sport dies | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Figure Skating-ISU president must quit before sport dies

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
If your bank account is suddenly emptied by someone else, but you don't have evidence who did it or how they got away with it, does that mean your money wasn't stolen?

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I saw Adelina do more technically than Yuna, but Yuna probably edged Adelina with more mature presentation, and the marks reflected that. Adelina was on fire and Yuna was reserved so the presentation marks should have been close because each was in the character of the program. As far as transitions, Adelina did much more but Yuna did them better. Everything on the PCS was close to me in different ways, but Adelina lost on PCS.

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Come on folks...it's figure skating...if you have been watching for more than a hot second you know that the judging is frequently suspect...the system is rigged, and always has been. Enjoy the performances and the fun that comes from the who wuz robbed debates after most events...

RABID

Final Flight
Not really. The negative comments on Adelina's social media pages are entirely from Koreans and Korean Americans. Most everyone else is supportive of or indifferent to the outcome.

I'm as WASP as you can get and I am certainly not indifferent. Try again.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

Perhaps, but I assume you are very partial towards Korea as you have Korean characters in your profile on the left there. I suppose WASP Yunaubers are also outraged.

Icey

Record Breaker
You can't blame everything on Octavio, although he certainly is a part of it.

vegarin

On the Ice
Whether "your guys" won or not, who signed petitions or not, I think generally we can agree that FS came out looking completely ridiculous, especially to the uninformed public. Tell casual FS viewers that Adelina won over Yuna Kim and Carolina Costner (the latter two are much well known in Asia and Europe and North America, at least a good deal over Adelina; Yuna already had a gold and Caro is a five-time European champion), and tell them two of the judges were Russian and one of them was the wife of the president of the Russian Skating Federation, and then watch their reactions. Who's going to take the sports seriously? I don't understand how Octavio and other officials can let this happen and think that's completely okay.

cooper

Medalist
speedy will not go away.. he will just shrug this off and be dismissive.. his ego is centered i doubt anyone can shake it off.. :laugh:

well.. i'm a filipino and there are other filipinos in pinoy forum who believed that sochi was rigged i guess generalizing that we like korea or korean characters is the reason why we favor yuna.. :laugh:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Tell casual FS viewers that Adelina won over Yuna Kim and Carolina Costner (the latter two are much well known in Asia and Europe and North America, at least a good deal over Adelina; Yuna already had a gold and Caro is a five-time European champion), and tell them two of the judges were Russian and one of them was the wife of the president of the Russian Skating Federation, and then watch their reactions.

Sure, if you lie you might get that reaction. There was ONE Russian judge. There was ONE Russian on the Tech Panel who cannot overturn calls on his own. If you were honest and explain the reason there was no South Korean, Japanese, Italian, or American people on the Tech Panel was because they were prohibited based on the results at Worlds last year, I don't think it would be surprising at all for anyone.

It's these half-truths that Yuna fans perpetuate to create a narrative of some big scandal where there isn't one that is frustrating. You guys are making big deals about whom a judge hugs in the open and in front of cameras and who the head of the ISU sits with in front of the world because there is no evidence of any wrongdoing or undue pressure on the 6 or 7 judges who favored Adelina in the LP.

vegarin

On the Ice
Sure, if you lie you might get that reaction. There was ONE Russian judge. There was ONE Russian on the Tech Panel who cannot overturn calls on his own. If you were honest and explain the reason there was no South Korean, Japanese, Italian, or American people on the Tech Panel was because they were prohibited based on the results at Worlds last year, I don't think it would be surprising at all for anyone.

Oh my lord, okay, I stand corrected. One Russian judge who happens to be the wife of the Russian Skating Federation and one Ukrainian judge who was penalized for receiving bribes to favour specific parties and one Russian on the tech panel -- because that sounds so much better.

drivingmissdaisy, you may find some fans frustrating, but I have to admit feeling the same way.

MiRé

Match Penalty

It's these half-truths that Yuna fans perpetuate to create a narrative of some big scandal where there isn't one that is frustrating. You guys are making big deals about whom a judge hugs in the open and in front of cameras and who the head of the ISU sits with in front of the world because there is no evidence of any wrongdoing or undue pressure on the 6 or 7 judges who favored Adelina in the LP.

Glass is half full or half empty. Half-truths is enough evidence for fans to get aggravated on because it is not 100% clean as you are claiming. It's no Yunafans fault that you cannot see/understand.

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
any update?

has any official commented on all the negative press octavio is getting?

GF2445

Record Breaker
Ottavio Cinquanta is an arrogant person stuffed with his own pride and is preoccupied with his own desire to leave his mark on the ISU, even if it is to the detriment of skating as well as his pet sport.
This is a fact, and not an opinion. I will even put that on his wikipedia page. ;)