Crazy future predictions | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Crazy future predictions

anyanka

Record Breaker
^I feel like there's some kind of connection to the "obsession" thread here... "You know you're obsessed with figure skating when you spend £5.00 on chocolate that's only tangentially related to the thread topic."

Good timing. Look what I just posted in the obsession thread. ;)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
This actually isn't too crazy, but: By 2016, the now "veterans" in the men's field (Javi, Yuzu, Machida) will be overshadowed by a new rivalry: Adian Pitkeev vs. Nam Nguyen, who head into Pyeongchang as our era's Brian vs. Brian/Yagudin vs. Plushenko/insert famous rivalry. They will repeat the Browning vs. Petrenko history--one of them edges the other out of all World titles heading into the Olympics... but bombs at the Games, leaving the other one to win OGM. Now "old veterans" Yuzu/Javi/Machida sneak onto the podium because the co-favourite bombed and ended up in sixth place. :slink:

Becki

Medalist
I would not consider Yuzu as an "old veteran" in 2016 but anyways, I predict the following:

1) Yuzu will win 2/4 World Championships in the next quad
2) Han Yan will medal at next year's WC with a bronze medal
3) Patrick Chan will make a comeback in 2018 and surprisingly, win Gold
4) Denis Ten will win one WC
5) Javier will win another WC

anyanka

Record Breaker
Here's a nutty one:

So Youn Park wins OGM over a Russian fave in Pyeongchang.

The veteran who's been the most consistent in the quad gets the bronze ... how about Kiira?

So the podium will be:

G - Park (KOR)
S - [Yulia or Proklova or Medvedeva or Liza T] (RUS)
B - Korpi (FIN)

... and the discussion of controversial judging, part 2, takes place.

I'm going to run and hide now!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^that's not so crazy... except for the Kiira winning bronze part. :unsure:

New one: Brian Joubert finds a pairs partner and begins competing for France starting in the 2015-16 season. He announces that their free program will be set to the music of... The Matrix.

*runs*

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I would not consider Yuzu as an "old veteran" in 2016 but anyways, I predict the following:

1, 2, 5 dont fit well into this thread as they are not at all crazy, and could all easily happen. 3 and 4 fit well as those are indeed crazy, and you would have called a very unlikely one if either one somehow happens.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

When did Javier win his first WC?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
^that's not so crazy... except for the Kiira winning bronze part. :unsure:

New one: Brian Joubert finds a pairs partner and begins competing for France starting in the 2015-16 season. He announces that their free program will be set to the music of... The Matrix.

*runs*

:laugh: Almost spit out my coffee at that one.

Amei

Record Breaker

*runs*

Unfortunately, that portion of your prediction... is not that crazy... Joubert doing the Matrix, would that shock anyone?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^Yeah, craziest part of the prediction is that it's... not crazy. I almost posted this in the "Predictions for the favourite skaters next season" thread, except I don't think Joubert would actually start competing in pairs by 2014-15. The uncertainty is whether Joubert can find a partner (I hope he does!) and if he can convince his partner to do the Matrix with him (Umm... I'm torn on this. A part of me is groaning, but another part finds it utterly hilarious and almost wants him to do it to piss people off :laugh:).

Amei

Record Breaker
^Yeah, craziest part of the prediction is that it's not crazy. I almost posted this in the "Predictions for the favourite skaters next season" thread, except I don't think Joubert would actually start competing in pairs by 2014-15. The uncertainty is whether Joubert can find a partner (I hope he does!) and if he can convince his partner to do the Matrix with him (Umm... I'm torn on this. A part of me is groaning, but another part finds it utterly hilarious and almost wants him to do it to piss people off :laugh:).

If that happens I would be on the floor laughing to the point of tears.

desertskates

Medalist
Michelle Kwan becomes a mother.

That's the least crazy thing here! I also predict this ;)

Along the same lines, it's been reported that Yuna has been in a relationship for a couple of years. Perhaps he'll be smart and put a ring on finger?

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I like Russian girls, but I wish Mao to be the next Olympic champion. She deserves it.

A fun fact I calculated because I was bored:
Should Mao win gold in 2018, she would be 27 years and about 170 days old, therefore passing the oldest and first gold ladies singles medalist Madge Syers (1908), who won at the age of 27 years and 43 days :rock:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
So... "Mao Asada wins Olympic gold in 2018" does indeed belong in Crazy Predictions, if history holds true? :cry: I'm with Elen. I like the Russian girls but I'll be even happier if Mao gets it (Yulia must medal though. ;)).