Crazy future predictions | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Crazy future predictions

cooper

Medalist
crazy prediction?

in 2018 team korea will win gold in every discipline except for pairs

LRK

Record Breaker
Wow, Sam and Sunny really got into the spirit of "crazy predictions." Now I feel bad for my lame and tame predictions. Well, in the spirit of this non-retirement/comeback season, I'll give it another go too:

- Dick Button announces his return to eligible competition.
- Aliona's partnership with Massot does not work out. Instead, she ditches him for Brian Joubert and they sail off with the 2018 OGM.
- Russian ladies become so fierce and competitive, that by the next Olympics the women are doing more quads than the men. (Hanyu retires midway through the quad and the men flounder in quadless limbo again.)
- Johnny Weir decides to give it another go; in absence of stiff national competition, he makes the US team.
- The format of the team competition is changed: instead of everyone doing their own thing, each country's top athletes instead have to skate synchro together. Japan wins the gold because all the other countries are too busy squabbling with their teammates to train this properly.

Oh, I almost want to see that now... ! ;)

LRK

Record Breaker
mean! :rofl:

Agree about the change in the team competition, but I see less synchro skating and more of a Kill Bill meets Fight Club format. Japan still wins because who would be crazy enough to go up against ninja skating? :unsure:

Wow! Well, as long as it isn't ice jousting... (and yes, there was such a thing.)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Agree about the change in the team competition, but I see less synchro skating and more of a Kill Bill meets Fight Club format. Japan still wins because who would be crazy enough to go up against ninja skating? :unsure:

OMG! Those are Yuzuru and Patrick? very dangerous moment!

flutzy13

On the Ice
The US, for the first time maybe ever, sends the same 3 ladies to the 2018 Olympics that they sent in 2014.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I assume this means the team event is moved to take place after the individual, since... well... I dunno who's gonna be alive at the end of it.

Regarding PChan's run for ISU presidency: He can always switch countries to avoid coming in second. Possibly coming in last instead though. :laugh:

@flutzy
That actually... doesn't sound at all far-fetched to me.

desertskates

Medalist
These are not "crazy" at all!! ;)

Yeah, you're right. It was early in the morning, I guess I didn't rev up my crazy properly.
Not crazy, and I don't want to see it happen, but I predict one of our most talked about skaters will have to sit out 14-15 due to injury. Probably shaking up what we think certain podiums would otherwise look like.
*crossing my fingers this is a bad prediction*

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Crazy predictions, because I realized that mine were too viable to be considered 'crazy' -

-Yulia and Yuzuru become a pairs team. The Russian and Japanese feds are so busy arguing over who to represent they get offered Canadian citizenship and compete for Canada, beating out Duhamel/Radford as Canadian #1.
-Gracie grows again and gets even shakier on her 2A, retiring before the age of 22.
-Adelina, against all odds wins Olympic gold again in Pyeongchang, with no controversy.
-Alternately, Carolina wins gold in Pyeongchang following a quad of semi-retirement similar to Yuna's.
-Ekaterina Bobrova fixes her posture.
-Marissa Castelli, due to a lack of partners, becomes a singles skater and becomes one of the top three American women.
-Ashley skates an exhibition to the song #SELFIE, and it becomes a total crowd favorite.
-Kanako overtakes Mao as Japanese #1.
-Jeremy continues and lands his quad in every competition he attends.
-Aliona ditches Bruno before the next season is over and teams up with Simon Shnapir, fresh off his split from Castelli. They place top three in worlds after Aliona sits out a year in order to compete for the US.
-Zijun Li, against all odds, competes against Yulia, Anna, and Alexandra at Cup of China... And wins.
-Weaver/Poje split and both retire.
-The Shibs overtake Chock/Bates as US #2
-Nikita and Victoria stop being drama queens and do an interview where they express remorse for their impulsive and unprofessional actions

Mafke

Medalist
Sarah Hughes becomes a technical controller, downgrades all fully rotated jumps as 'overrotated' and downgrades all lutzes performed on an outside edge.

desertskates

Medalist
Alright, I see I need to throw in some serious crazy.
Gracie doesn't retire before 22 because of growth spurts, she'll be married and pregnant with twins when Pyeongchang rolls around. Olympic team will be Polina, Mirai, and someone we don't even know about yet :laugh:

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Alright, I see I need to throw in some serious crazy.
Gracie doesn't retire before 22 because of growth spurts, she'll be married and pregnant with twins when Pyeongchang rolls around. Olympic team will be Polina, Mirai, and someone we don't even know about yet :laugh:

Ha! And her husband will be the boy who asked her to prom on that one morning show. :points:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
-Alternately, Carolina wins gold in Pyeongchang following a quad of semi-retirement similar to Yuna's.
With Carolina being 31 in 2018 :laugh:

-Ashley skates an exhibition to the song #SELFIE, and it becomes a total crowd favorite.
This is simply :love::love:

-The Shibs overtake Chock/Bates as US #2
And... if the shibs overtake C/B as US #2, who's US #1? :biggrin:

I would like to add: Johnny Weir skates an EX to "Rise like a phoenix"... dressed up EXACTLY as a phoenix :laugh:

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
With Carolina being 31 in 2018 :laugh:

And... if the shibs overtake C/B as US #2, who's US #1? :biggrin:

Crazy idea? Either Hubble and Donohue or Aldridge and Eaton slam into first.
Normal thought? D/W continue but compete much less, shooting for Pyeongchang.

And I know we all want to see Caro overtake Madge Syers (27) as the oldest lady to win an OGM :rock:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I would like to add: Johnny Weir skates an EX to "Rise like a phoenix"... dressed up EXACTLY as a phoenix :laugh:
Exactly? I know the phrasing "he's on fire" but I don't think that would be very healthy... not to mention that he would have to skate on melting ice (ok, we're in the right thread, that does sound crazy :biggrin:)

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Normal thought? D/W continue but compete much less, shooting for Pyeongchang.

Projecting D&W to continue at all would fall under the "crazy thought" category at this point. Hubbel & Donohue overtaking C&B and the Shibutanis as U.S #1 is actually far more likely than D&W ever coming back as amateur competitors. I fully expect H&D to very soon overtake the Shibs as U.S #2 barring a coaching change for the Shibs.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
-Michelle Kwan to make a comeback and win the 2018 Olympics at age 37.

-the Russian fed. making a deal with the ISU and IOC to drop Sotnikova to the bronze medal in Sochi, if they are willing to give Slutskaya (2002), Lobacheva & Averbuhk (2002), Plushenko (2010), Usova & Zhulin (1994), Krylova & Ovsiaikov (1998) all a 2nd gold medal. Gritschuk crows publicly "we may have to share our 2 Olympic golds now, but we are still the only team in history with 2 OGM's, take that b---tches."

-Mao Asada to be the maid of honor at Yu Na Kim's upcoming wedding.

-Tonya Harding to admit to planning the Nancy Kerrigan clubbing all along finally, but being surpised with a 10 year prison sentence for lying to prosecution, hindering police investigation, as well as her new admitted role in the attack.

-Zhulin and Morozov to not sleep with any female students for another 5 years atleast.