Grace Gold - too princessy? | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Grace Gold - too princessy?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
"This experience has been absolutely amazing and hopefully my relationship with Ms. Gold will continue for years to come."

Wow, "relationship"?! :laugh: This guy better be careful... sky_fly will be pissed if anyone tries to get between her and her Gracie. :slink:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
"This experience has been absolutely amazing and hopefully my relationship with Ms. Gold will continue for years to come."

Wow, "relationship"?! :laugh: This guy better be careful... sky_fly will be pissed if anyone tries to get between her and her Gracie. :slink:

"relationship?" Yuck...the guy sounds like possible stalker material to me. Maybe sky_fly could get a gig as Gracie's bodyguard? Or Gracie could adopt a Doberman; her little Japanese Chin is a honey but as a watchdog, fuhgeddaboudit.

Sheesh, again w/ the doggie stuff! :bang: "Skaters' Pets" thread, anyone?

cooper

Medalist
i'll be dam*! gracie turned down sky_fly's prom proposal???

at least he got his consolation by watching gracie live in an ice show..

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TBH the reason I brought up doggies in the first place, yes it was me, was to divert people from bashing Gracie. Her threads invite a lot of criticism and this one was no exception. Like I posted before what is cheesy or plastic-y to some may be meaningful or deeply expressive to others. As ironic as this may sound: some people like cats and some like dogs. It seems silly to push dogs onto a cat person and vice versa. If Gracie is so unappealing to some why not just look to other skaters and let her do her thing. :scratch:

desertskates

Medalist
I thought the topic was Princess Gracie and now it has veered off into the subject of dogs! Soooo, I have had only one dog (an Irish setter) in my entire life and guess what? Her name was Princess!

I have a Dalmatian that I refer to as "Her Royal Highness" because she rules the house.

--And on the prom topic, I felt really bad for Gracie when that interviewer kind of backed her into a corner about giving prom guy an answer. I assumed all along that the SOI schedule wouldn't allow it. This asking people out via YouTube stuff is kind of getting old.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
"relationship?" Yuck...the guy sounds like possible stalker material to me. Maybe sky_fly could get a gig as Gracie's bodyguard?

Yeah, that quote came off as stalkerish. I know he's just a kid, but add 20 years to him and that same quote would get him a restraining order. :laugh:

sky_fly would make a horrible bodyguard. She'd be too busy fawning over Gracie's gorgeous blondeness that she would lose sight of would-be stalkers and attackers. Also, Gracie isn't exactly famous or rich or important enough to be bodyguard-worthy. She ain't Whitney, gurl. ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
^ Hopefully she immediately told him off-camera that it was unlikely she could/would go. As much as I disliked that she was put on the spot, I hate it when girls lead guys on/stand them up. It's not that hard to just say no...

The whole YT production smacked of an attention ploy, but then maybe I'm just low-key and this is the new normal...

I'd cut him slack for use of the word "relationship". If you deal with someone, or are in contact with someone (sounds like that's what's going on between him and GG), naturally you have a relationship with that person. I don't see the problem?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The whole YT production smacked of an attention ploy, but then maybe I'm just low-key and this is the new normal...

I disagree, I think Gold was put on the spot and handled herself quite well. But bringing this whole thing up later, is just a... "who cares?" moment. Although, I'm surprised 5 new Gracie threads haven't been created, solely about her not going to prom. :rolleye:

Alba

Record Breaker
^ Hopefully she immediately told him off-camera that it was unlikely she could/would go. As much as I disliked that she was put on the spot, I hate it when girls lead guys on/stand them up. It's not that hard to just say no...

But it is though. Especially for a young girl who was put in front of the cameras live on TV.

R.D.

Record Breaker
But it is though. Especially for a young girl who was put in front of the cameras live on TV.

I was watching some TV show on NBC a few years back- it may have been the Apprentice - and as a reward for completing some task, the men's team got to hang out on a tennis court with none other than Anna Kournikova. At the end of the round, just before they left, one of the young guys approached Kournikova and asked her out to dinner, on national TV. She turned him down, but all I remember is thinking that kid had guts :laugh:

If Gold had mentioned on-air her tour conflict, I don't think she would have caught flack for it. It's a legit excuse/prior commitment she had.

Alba

Record Breaker
I was watching some TV show on NBC a few years back- it may have been the Apprentice - and as a reward for completing some task, the men's team got to hang out on a tennis court with none other than Anna Kournikova. At the end of the round, just before they left, one of the young guys approached Kournikova and asked her out to dinner, on national TV. She turned him down, but all I remember is thinking that kid had guts :laugh:

If Gold had mentioned on-air her tour conflict, I don't think she would have caught flack for it. It's a legit excuse/prior commitment she had.

:laugh: I agree with you though, it take some guts to ask Kournikova out. :)

The things is though that it was his initiative right? Kournikova was not put in front of a fait accompli by the producers, like Gracie was.

I suppose Gracie could've come out with an excuse or just say that she was bussy on tour, it seems that's the truth anyway, but maybe she was caught by surprise. I actually have not seen the video of how it happened.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
TBH the reason I brought up doggies in the first place, yes it was me, was to divert people from bashing Gracie. Her threads invite a lot of criticism and this one was no exception. Like I posted before what is cheesy or plastic-y to some may be meaningful or deeply expressive to others. As ironic as this may sound: some people like cats and some like dogs. It seems silly to push dogs onto a cat person and vice versa. If Gracie is so unappealing to some why not just look to other skaters and let her do her thing. :scratch:

:yes: Understood and agreed, S-S.

Just to be clear: my crack about "again with the doggie stuff" yesterday was a dig @ myself, not you. People who know me well know that I'm ready to talk dogs, cats, and just about any other critters @ the drop of a hat. It gets old after a while -- hence my "sheesh" of self-recognition. It ain't you! :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
be fair, Gracie doesnt need the guy from Malibu
no idea how that turned out, as there was no news about their prom or any pics appearing

Gracie may look powerful with her speed and big jumps
but because of her beauty type and her being quintessential blonde hollywood look they suit Gracie ideally for the Princess look
Gracie looks so much like Grace Kelly, wonder if her mother had something to do with naming her Gracie because of Grace Kelly ?

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
^ Grace Kelly was beautiful not just for her extraordinary looks but also -- and much more importantly -- because she was uniquely herself.

Comparisons to Grace Kelly are a disservice to Gracie. She needs to be allowed to develop her own beauty and her own style in her own way.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^ Grace Kelly was beautiful not just for her extraordinary looks but also -- and much more importantly -- because she was uniquely herself.

Comparisons to Grace Kelly are a disservice to Gracie. She needs to be allowed to develop her own beauty and her own style in her own way.

I do see alot of similarity with Gracie and Grace not just with their names, their facial features look similar
they are both blonde, quintessential classic hollywood beauty and has this elegant aura

I think the media in US is interested in Gracie not just because of her last name
she this classic American girl next door sweetheart that the US media probably waited for so long
not to mention she has what it takes to be a World champion that US has missed for 8 years now
speed, power, body type and big jumps is Gracie's trademark

96skiluvr

On the Ice
but because of her beauty type and her being quintessential blonde hollywood look they suit Gracie ideally for the Princess look
Gracie looks so much like Grace Kelly, wonder if her mother had something to do with naming her Gracie because of Grace Kelly ?

Oh no you did not just compare a Disney Princess-wanabe to Grace Kelly...