Grace Gold - too princessy? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Grace Gold - too princessy?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
to answer the question:

to answer the question, Gracie isn't too princessy, she is reviving the quinesential US Figure
she is in a unique point amongst US Ladies she combines her beauty with high technical goods that US ladies lacked in 2007-2009
now she is setting a trend amongst American skaters, no US Ladies are back with difficult 3-3's
Gracie's style is more sophisticated hollywood look than princesy
what her biggest asset is her power, speed, great technique, big jump and 3-3
her being a beautiful girl compared to other current new generation ladies is just icing on the cake

If she wins Boston 2016, I predict a revival in US FS Ladies popularity
Gracie is alreday well known in the hollywood circuit, Taylor Swift etc.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think I might start a "Skaters and Their Pets" thread in fan fest!!

Alba

Record Breaker

What's she doing with Tayolr Swift and the hollywood circuit? She should be training not hanging around with Swift &Co. :popcorn:
Very lazy skater. :p

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
What's she doing with Tayolr Swift and the hollywood circuit? She should be training not hanging around with Swift &Co. :popcorn:
Very lazy skater. :p

Frank Carroll is a known coach who drill skaters up to their fullest, those who could not handle leave like Mirai
besides, Gracie is hanging out with popular people that will bring FS and her name to the spotlight ;)
at least she isn't partying with some rhythmic gymnast etc.

Alba

Record Breaker
Gracie is hanging out with popular people that will bring FS and her name to the spotlight ;)

Oh right, she is doing this for the popularity of FS in US. :laugh:

at least she isn't partying with some rhythmic gymnast etc.

Hollywood circuit is healthy. Rhythmic gymnast is bad. :rolleye:

:rofl:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Hollywood circuit is healthy. Rhythmic gymnast is bad. :rolleye:

:rofl:

Gracie's exposure in Hollywood will bring mainstream for FS and her name in the US
rhythmic gymnast will not.

no need to hate on a beautiful young attractive fresh girl

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
For me, Gracie hasn't developed an on-ice identity yet. I can think of a few positive adjectives to describe my favorite skaters: Mao (flowy, airy), Yuna (powerful, sophisticated), Carolina (fast, skilled), and Adelina (youthful, bubbly). Gracie is none of these things yet. She jumps well and is a solid overall skater but until she develops an identity she is going to find herself trailing skaters with more personality (like Adelina) and those who have a "wow" factor (like Julia and her spins).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
For me, Gracie hasn't developed an on-ice identity yet. I can think of a few positive adjectives to describe my favorite skaters: Mao (flowy, airy), Yuna (powerful, sophisticated), Carolina (fast, skilled), and Adelina (youthful, bubbly). Gracie is none of these things yet. She jumps well and is a solid overall skater but until she develops an identity she is going to find herself trailing skaters with more personality (like Adelina) and those who have a "wow" factor (like Julia and her spins).

I disagree, she has her style
quintessential American 60s skater with a touch of Hollywood Glamour
imo, she is channeling Grace Kelly on the ice look

DianaSelene

Medalist
Once and for all -- THAT "SOME" RHYTHMIC GYMNAST IS A 3-TIME WORLD CHAMPION AND MULTIPLE EUROPEAN CHAMPION -- everything that Gracie Gold is not.

No need to be jealous, skyfly.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Once and for all -- THAT "SOME" RHYTHMIC GYMNAST IS A 3-TIME WORLD CHAMPION AND MULTIPLE EUROPEAN CHAMPION -- everything that Gracie Gold is not.

No need to be jealous, skyfly.

who cares ? they are of a different sport discipline
you make it sound like RG is a FS that Gracie should envy

stop the vile hate and insecurity thrown at a young beautiful girl

DianaSelene

Medalist
who cares ? they are of a different sport discipline
you make it sound like RG is a FS that Gracie should envy

stop the vile hate and insecurity thrown at a young beautiful girl

Stop the vile hate at everyone who is not Gracie Gold then.

Who cares? Taylor Swift are of a different sport discipline. You make it sound like Taylor Swift is a FS that Grace should envy....... Quoting you and adding Taylor Swift's name instead. :p:p:yes:

Alba

Record Breaker
Gracie's exposure in Hollywood will bring mainstream for FS and her name in the US
rhythmic gymnast will not.

and why should Elena be concerned with what happens in USA, and since when people should choose with whom to be friends based on what FS wants?
By the way, take it easy with Gracie and Hollywood exposure. Having a picture with T.Swift during the pre or post Olympics it's not going to bring mainstream for FS.

no need to hate on a beautiful young attractive fresh girl

Like Osmond for example? I think you should take a long look on a mirror and repeat that. ;)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You know what...while I think a figure skaters hanging out with a rhythmic gymnast is no big deal and probably downright useful. I could see Taylor having a positive influence on Gracie. Taylor took the world by storm under her own terms. She wrote lyrics and was involved in her image. Everything was done with her influence if not out right by her demands. If Gracie , heaven forbid, goes Hollywood. At least it's with a fairly headstrong girl who serves as a role model for many young girls. I'm not into the Hollywood type one bit but if you have to choose one to be around...a nice strong willed country girl is a good choice IMO.

DianaSelene

Medalist
I agree and if Gracie Gold wants to make a name for herself in Hollywood and become an actor/singer/host/etc. then having connections with Taylor Swift is helpful. Gracie is very pretty and has a memorable name/image.

But will knowing Taylor Swift help her land her jumps? No. And if she can't become consistent and win something big in the near future she won't be remembered all that much. However, everyone has a right to be with whoever they want and if Gold wants to hang out with a singer and Ilinykh wants to be friends with a gymnast let them do so.

I think we veered off a little with gymnasts and country singers. To get back on topic :p … I don't think Lori Nicole (World Figure Skating Hall of Fame choreographer :rock: :love: ) is to blame for the uneven success of Max Aaron's Carmen program. I think it was Max himself who wanted to push his skating in a more "artistic" direction. I think it was Max who felt that he had something unique to say with the usual selection of music from the opera, and Lori helped him work it out as best she could.

Was the experiment a bust? We will have to see what the future brings.

(OK, back skater's dogs. ;) )

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
to answer the question:

to answer the question, Gracie isn't too princessy, she is reviving the quinesential US Figure
she is in a unique point amongst US Ladies she combines her beauty with high technical goods that US ladies lacked in 2007-2009
now she is setting a trend amongst American skaters, no US Ladies are back with difficult 3-3's
Gracie's style is more sophisticated hollywood look than princesy
what her biggest asset is her power, speed, great technique, big jump and 3-3
her being a beautiful girl compared to other current new generation ladies is just icing on the cake

If she wins Boston 2016, I predict a revival in US FS Ladies popularity

:laugh: If only Gracie were as consistent as you are...

Gold has yet to win a Grand Prix event, and has had lukewarm GP showings so far. In 2007, Meissner won a GP event; Caroline Zhang also had better GP results than Gold had this past season (or any of her GP season). In 2008, Flatt had better GP results than Gold had this past season (and a 5th at Worlds like Gold), and Czisny had the same GP results. In 2009, Flatt, Wagner, and Czisny all had better GP results than Gold had this past season. I also don't see anything Gold has done that Czisny hadn't achieved in the 2010 season, 5th at Worlds for both of them and Czisny actually won a GP event and a GP bronze, and won the GPF -- certainly more than Gold has done so far.

But will knowing Taylor Swift help her land her jumps? No. And if she can't become consistent and win something big in the near future she won't be remembered all that much. However, everyone has a right to be with whoever they want and if Gold wants to hang out with a singer and Ilinykh wants to be friends with a gymnast let them do so.

Exactly. Before she can become a big name, she's got to actually win competitions.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I think I might start a "Skaters and Their Pets" thread in fan fest!!

I think we veered off a little with gymnasts and country singers. To get back on topic :p … I don't think Lori Nicole (World Figure Skating Hall of Fame choreographer ... is to blame for the uneven success of Max Aaron's Carmen program. I think it was Max himself who wanted to push his skating in a more "artistic" direction. I think it was Max who felt that he had something unique to say with the usual selection of music from the opera, and Lori helped him work it out as best she could.

Was the experiment a bust? We will have to see what the future brings.

(OK, back skater's dogs. ;) )

;) In that case, here is a very sweet photo of a younger Max Aaron with his doggie.

It's from an old NBC Olympics photo gallery of Sochi hopefuls from all sports (including other skaters such as Gracie Gold) and their dogs.

ETA:

Both the doggies are soooo cute :love:
But the most princessy critter belongs to the girl you might least expect it from:
http://instagram.com/p/n6ENcoCr8D/

I'm Team Dog, btw ;)

lol, A.W. is both Team Dog and Team Cat. Over the years, she has posted multiple photos of herself enjoying the company of non-princess-y dogs. Pretty sure that they belong to her or her family.
(In any case, I'm with you, desertskates. Team Dog rules.)​

ETA:

... Later Aaron moved to Colorado Springs to train alongside Abbott under coach Tom Z.

Sorry for nitpicking, and I'm not 100% sure of the chronology, but I thought Abbott already had moved on to Detroit before Aaron started with Tom Z???​