Grace Gold - too princessy? | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Grace Gold - too princessy?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie just needs to open up emotionally and find music which really moves her. I almost get the feeling that before Frank no coach ever really worked on the artistic side of Gracie's skating. Just remembering how raw and unpolished she was in her only year as a Junior internationally in 2011-12. She has made great strides and has always improved from season to season.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I almost get the feeling that before Frank no coach ever really worked on the artistic side of Gracie's skating.

Kinda like little Joshua windmill-arming his way around the rink. Well hey, when you're only just 14 and landing 3Lz-3T while the bronze medallist from the same event can barely land 3S and 3T by themselves, who needs artistry, right? ;)

Joshua got there in the end. I'm sure Gracie will too. She's only 18 and so far has had a good run with injuries. There's plenty of time.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Gracie just needs to open up emotionally and find music which really moves her. I almost get the feeling that before Frank no coach ever really worked on the artistic side of Gracie's skating. Just remembering how raw and unpolished she was in her only year as a Junior internationally in 2011-12. She has made great strides and has always improved from season to season.

I agree. She's artistically made big strides this season, and she's maintained consistency on her 3-3. If she cleans up her other jumps (axel/lip) and avoids silly mental errors, I think she'll have an awesome season next year.

Tompson

Rinkside
Her real huge problem is upper body movement. being Princessy or not, If that suited for her, It would be Ok.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I think her upper body movement is very good and getting better. She is versatile and her former sp showed that. I wish they had kept it. It is interesting to hear opinions and I am glad grace has many supporters who are impressed with the year she had. I hope we see more versatility with choreo but frank and Laurie tend to go with tried and true packaging.