What music would you love to see in programs next season??? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What music would you love to see in programs next season???

Lucy25

Final Flight
I agree with berthes ghosts's post 100% - take all that music and put it in a vault for at least five years!!!

I would like to see someone skate to the music from "A Beautiful Mind" (cough...Michelle...cough). It is haunting and beautiful and raises to a great climax. For an exhibition, the theme song from the movie would be great (it's sung by a very mature sounding Charlotte Church).

The music from "The Age of Innocence" is great, too.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Has anyone ever skated to the theme from dragon heart? Its a track they often put in movie trailers because it is so powerful.

I agree that cold play would make for some interesting routines, but I'm always hesitant to warm up to programs with very mainstream music.

Who is this edvin marton yall are speaking of? I'm out of the loop on this one.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
There's an instrumental by Combustible Edison called "Carnival of Souls" that I always thought would be terrific for a free dance.

I'd like to see a program done to either "Coppelia" or "Sylvia" by Delibes.

Eastern European folk music works for me, too; I have 2 CDs of folk music from Romania that have some great stuff on there.

On the pop side, a group called the Cranes has some very interesting stuff that with the lyrics removed could inspire some very interesting programs.

gkelly

Record Breaker
1812 Overture: Christopher Bowman (1992? I forget which year); Shepherd Clark (1998?)

Coppelia: Alice Sue Claes, 1992

Sylvia: Michael Weiss, 1993

Dragonheart: Elvis Stojko, 1997

soogar

Record Breaker
How about someone skating to Prelude to an Afternoon of a Faune (sp?) by DeBussey? I know this is thought of as Janet Lynne's music and I think only Yuka Sato was brave enough to skate to this piece. I think Shizuka has the gentle reserved look that would go very well with this music. Maybe Sasha will wind up skating to it though, since she's skated to about everything else that was skated before (over and over again to the point of being overused). I think Claire De Lune might be a nice piece for Sasha as well.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This past season, Jennifer Robinson used Debussy's 'Prelude a L'Apres-Midi d'un faune' for her FS.

I think 'Clair de Lune' is lovely, but there is little change of tempo in the piece. It might be OK for a SP.

Last edited:

soogar

Record Breaker
Did LuLu skate to Claire de Lune? I thought that Sandra choreographed a program for her with that music. I've never seen Jennifer Robinson skate (maybe I had in previous years but don't remember her) but I know I didn't this year.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Robinson's 'L'Apre-Midi' program was shown in the airing of the Winter Cheesefest.

diver chick

On the Ice
I would love to see some-one use Shostakovich Piano Concerto No. 2 in F. It's a bit specific I know but I love it and think that a lady or a classical dance or pairs team could do this justice although it would be a difficult piece to skate.

I also love the Warsaw Concerto although I think a different cut to the one the Poles used this season would do more justice to the music.

Their are some beautiful violin concertos by Mendelson that I would like to see interpreted too.

To be honest for me it is less about the music and more about who skates it and how it is interpreted. I mean yes, like anyone I get fed up with Carmen, Swan Lake, Tosca etc but I remain open to the possibility that a skater will surprise me and come up with something spectacular. ;)

Kateri

On the Ice
I still think Ben Ferreira needs to skate to the Evil Dead soundtrack.....but don't listen to me!:D

k.

mariana

On the Ice
I would love to see any of the of top ten ice dance couples of the world skate to "It had to be you" (Frank Sinatra):love:
Or something by Evanescence:)

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Longhornliz said:

Who is this edvin marton yall are speaking of? I'm out of the loop on this one.

Edvin Marton is a GOD. Oh, did I say that out loud? :laugh:

He's a fabulous Hungarian violinist. He did the music for Evgeni's FS, Victoria Pavuk's SP and FS, T & M's FS and he composed a special piece for Stephane Lambiel's QR at Worlds, which Stephane also used as his FS at Euros. *whew* His CD is this amazing mix of techno and classical, and alas, is not available in the US, but you can order it through amazon.co.uk. (had to get in shameless plug, sorry!)

Laura :)

soogar

Record Breaker
Edvin also guest starred in Plushy's exhibition number at Worlds. I still think that is one of the most diva like acts that any male skater has ever done at a World Championships. I wonder if he has a food taster as well?

icewings

Rinkside
has anyone ever used dvorak's new world symphony?? If not, somone needs to now!! He has so much incredible music to choose from...

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Was martin the guy that came out and played on the ice before Plushy started skating? He was talented!! I was afraid he was going to fall though.

Spirit

On the Ice
Longhornliz said:
What music would you love to see in programs next season???

Shouldn't that be "What music would you love to hear in programs next season?" :p

thvudragon

On the Ice
I love the idea of an Edward Scissorhands program for Chait & Sakhnovsky. They could fit the characters perfectly. The music is great as well, but would be challenging for them in terms of the softness of it.

TV