Olga Markova | Golden Skate

Olga Markova

FireOn

Rinkside

I'm a huge fan of Olga's.

But I was quite disappointed when I knew that there were few Olga's competition videos on Youtube.
Is anyone has videos of Olga Markova which are not on Youtube?
If you have, could you upload for me?
I really want to see her 97-98 season program and her 95-96 short etc.

Since I'm European, l'm not good at speaking English at all. Sorry guys.

I liked Markova also, and I was sorry people didn't make more of a fuss about her. I hope that more of her programs are uploaded!

BlackPack

Medalist
Olga didn't compete internationally in the seniors for that long, maybe 4 seasons max, so it's understandable that there aren't that many videos of her. She and Maria Butyrskaya were about the same level. Olga was very dance-oriented. She was enjoyable to watch. It would have been hard to remain competing with Volchkova, Slutskaya, and Butyrskaya around, as I think her best was 5 triples which I don't she's ever landed them all cleanly. A Baiul-level of technical difficulty. I think she saw that and promptly retired and plus I think she was injured as well.

Probably one of her best performances, 1995 SP Worlds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=899RcbsQKu0

That is, you can upload her videos? Thank you very much.
Anyway, What does PM means?

PM means "private message." Members are able to do this on GoldenSkate without needing to reveal their e-mail addresses or any other personal information.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I liked Markova. Her 95 SP was really good and she came up with some really interesting programs with interesting choreo. Only problems I had were sometimes her music choices were just awful and were worse than bad muzac. Plus I think she was incapable of smiling. Not that a big fake smile is good, but if you skate a good program, don't look so glum, the audience loses the enthusiasm.