Patrick Chan not Ruling Out Competing at Next Winter Olympics | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan not Ruling Out Competing at Next Winter Olympics

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I saw the Vancouver Stars on Ice show last night and Patrick Chan looks in great form. I also saw Patrick interviewed on the news for a charity he was involved in and he dropped the hint that he could set his sights on the next Winter Olympic Games. Go Patrick!

:points:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Good for him! He's still young and perhaps needs time to re-focus and build. Whether or not he does go for it, he will still have the accolades from this past quad. If the current field gets complacent this upcoming quad, maybe he will pull a Plu and come back and shake things up.

Franklin99

Medalist
I saw the Vancouver Stars on Ice show last night and Patrick Chan looks in great form. I also saw Patrick interviewed on the news for a charity he was involved in and he dropped the hint that he could set his sights on the next Winter Olympic Games. Go Patrick!

:points:

That's good if he stays unretired. Him, Hanyu, Machida , Ten, Dai, Fernandez, Kozuka?, and Brown will keep the men's field quite entertaining thru the next quad when/if they compete against each other.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yeah with the field having gotten better maybe he will be more focused... Perhaps some of his inconsistencies were because he felt he could get away with errors since his level of skating is leagues above the field.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
with Han Yan, Yuzu, Javier and Jason Brown
there will be no room for him

its best Chan retires and never come back in competitive figure skating
it will help clear all his fraud and tarnished results

cooper

Medalist
i hope he reconsider it.. i think if he is motivated i think he will do fine..

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
i think if he is motivated i think he will do fine..

I think finding motivation will be his biggest obstacle if he does consider going back. But anyway, I hope he continues to compete even if he decides not to participate in the next Olympics.

makaihime

Final Flight
Even with the advancing field in men's right now, he is still going to be a big contender for the podium in 2018 so if he can find the motivation to continue, I say why not :) He's still relatively young, but I don't think he can afford to sit out for more than a season, otherwise it's going to be extremely hard for him when he comes back.

LyraAngelica

On the Ice
Even with the advancing field in men's right now, he is still going to be a big contender for the podium in 2018 so if he can find the motivation to continue, I say why not :) He's still relatively young, but I don't think he can afford to sit out for more than a season, otherwise it's going to be extremely hard for him when he comes back.

I think sitting out of more than a season is a bad thing unless you are Plushenko.

anyanka

Record Breaker

"Fraud" implies a deliberate intent to commit harm. I hardly think that his splatfest at the 2012 (and 2013) worlds count as "fraud" or deliberation to bring about a false or improper result, at least on his part.

spikydurian

Medalist
"Fraud" implies a deliberate intent to commit harm. I hardly think that his splatfest at the 2012 (and 2013) worlds count as "fraud" or deliberation to bring about a false or improper result, at least on his part.
Never expect much from a fly's brain, and you won't be surprised.:biggrin:

mich2

Match Penalty

The room to fall? None of those guys is stable. They all fall. If they continue, why not Patrick. With Chan- the more, the merrier.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Han Yan and Jason Brown, they both still have long way until they will reach Yuzu or Javier technical level honestly, if they will.

The biggest Patrick rival is Yuzuru, but I think Javier still can make surprise if he will have right mind setup :) But I think with every next season it will be very hard for Chan to catch Hanyu. His axel is not working, he is getting older, Hanyu is working on other quads, and still not reached his peak, but it would be more interesting with him

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The room to fall? None of those guys is stable. They all fall. If they continue, why not Patrick. With Chan- the more, the merrier.

result have already shown Yuzuru has closed the gap with Chan, no longer can he afford falling 2 or 3 times and still win with his fraud results
won't be long before Jason, Yan will get there as well, these two are miles talented than Chan. He should definitely retire and never come back

mich2

Match Penalty
result have already shown Yuzuru has closed the gap with Chan, no longer can he afford falling 2 or 3 times and still win with his fraud results
won't be long before Jason, Yan will get there as well, these two are miles talented than Chan. He should definitely retire and never come back
Yuzu can afford to fall 2 times and still win. But only if Patrick let him do that. Hanyu is the same way unstable like all others.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yuzu can afford to fall 2 times and still win. But only if Patrick let him do that. Hanyu is the same way unstable like all others.

Yuzu is the reigning OGM and even in PCS he has closed teh gap on Chan

Chan will get a wake up call if he comes back, he isn't getting the same PCS again like before as it should be
his PCS should be lower than Yuzu, Javier, Yan right where he belongs