The diverse beauty of American lady figure skaters | Page 9 | Golden Skate

The diverse beauty of American lady figure skaters

centerpt1

On the Ice
Ashley looks very fit and like the athlete she is.

The suit is actually fairly modest compared to some I've seen out on the beach lately.

Ashley is fit and beautiful

nguyenghita

On the Ice
I much prefer a slender, long limbs, graceful body type like Yuna or Mao, so Ashley body is a big meh for me. In fact it's a different between Asian and Western when talk about the beauty standard. In Western Yuna type maybe considered too thin not healthy, while in Asian Ashley type is seen too big for our tatse

Her face is very pretty though.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If a person is not publicly out, please don't discuss what their sexual orientation might be.

If they wanted to be the subject of public discussions, they would make public announcements.

Please see guidelines:

Skater/Coach Privacy Policy
Golden Skate respects the privacy of skaters, coaches, and officials in the sport. Golden Skate does not permit or condone undocumented gossip about their personal lives. Discussions of off-ice behavior, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, dating life, etc. should be limited to what has been publicly disclosed by the skater. While speculation is one thing, accusation is another, and is considered slander.

Last edited:
I much prefer a slender, long limbs, graceful body type like Yuna or Mao, so Ashley body is a big meh for me. In fact it's a different between Asian and Western when talk about the beauty standard. In Western Yuna type maybe considered too thin not healthy, while in Asian Ashley type is seen too big for our tatse

Her face is very pretty though.

Believe me, a lot of Westerners think that being very slim and long-limbed is the ideal. Look at all the fashion models here! For myself, I enjoy diversity.

pointyourtoe

On the Ice
Michelle Kwan in a bikini then and now :laugh:

1999??

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-axhxzolVhas/UGUCh3zprCI/AAAAAAABEQk/if-tYQBeJro/s1600/kwan_bikinis1.jpg
http://www.frankrank.com/usercontent/item/org_item_1283947593.jpg

2012 (she got more muscular!)

http://img004.lazygirls.info/people..._kwan_bikini_beach_louganis_qmgb4Cp.sized.jpg

Believe me, a lot of Westerners think that being very slim and long-limbed is the ideal. Look at all the fashion models here! For myself, I enjoy diversity.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure in real life Ashley looks tiny. She may have a more muscular frame than some skaters, but compared to the average person she's nowhere near thick. And literally 1 percent of the population would look good in a direct candid shot from behind when wearing a teensy thong bathing suit.
Some skaters, due to their body type, have to maintain a fine line between staying fit and becoming too muscular/bulky. I bet once she's no longer competing she'd look more curvy (in a good way)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If a person is not publicly out, please don't discuss what their sexual orientation might be.

If they wanted to be the subject of public discussions, they would make public announcenents.

Thankyou!

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Michelle Kwan in a bikini then and now :laugh:

1999??

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-axhxzolVhas/UGUCh3zprCI/AAAAAAABEQk/if-tYQBeJro/s1600/kwan_bikinis1.jpg
http://www.frankrank.com/usercontent/item/org_item_1283947593.jpg

2012 (she got more muscular!)

http://img004.lazygirls.info/people..._kwan_bikini_beach_louganis_qmgb4Cp.sized.jpg

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure in real life Ashley looks tiny. She may have a more muscular frame than some skaters, but compared to the average person she's nowhere near thick. And literally 1 percent of the population would look good in a direct candid shot from behind when wearing a teensy thong bathing suit.
Some skaters, due to their body type, have to maintain a fine line between staying fit and becoming too muscular/bulky. I bet once she's no longer competing she'd look more curvy (in a good way)

Wow- Michelle looks amazing! What a great body! My husband finds her by far the most attractive skater ever.

He finds Ashley much "hotter" than Gracie. He and my two sons agree that Gracie is technically beautiful, but her thin lips and pursed, tight expression (and skating) are not attractive to them.

My younger son has a huge crush on Meryl. He just adores her. We loved her on Dancing with the Stars and he was fascinated to learn that she is dyslexic like he is.

Most beautiful female skaters ever to me are Michelle K, Katia G, Tanith B, Katerina W, Elena B, Chen Lu, and Elizabeth Punsalan.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
In any case, one person's sexuality had nothing to do with the thread topic.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Beautiful Gracie on Memorial Day:
http://photos-f.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/925489_1414768485473669_1958225582_n.jpg

look at the people looking at her on the background

also Gracie has been nominated in Nickelodeons Kid's Award for best Athlete of the year
the only female winter sports Olympian

Sounds about right. Which part of Hollywood is Nickelodeon in again? :sarcasm:

While she should be lauded for being nominated to win a kid's award, technically Gold is the only female winter sports Olympian, just because fellow nominee Lindsey Vonn was too injured to compete in Sochi. Vonn's past two seasons in her sport have been far more illustrious, even with the injury (she racked up 6 World Cup wins last season). Gold... well, at least she has her US title, if no other win.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sounds about right. Which part of Hollywood is Nickelodeon in again? :sarcasm:

Um…the western part? ;) The award show will be held in Westwood, a Los Angeles neighborhood bordering on West Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Sunset Boulevard is the northern boundary (swimming pools, movie stars, Texas tea ;) )

While she should be lauded for being nominated to win a kid's award, technically Gold is the only female winter sports Olympian, just because fellow nominee Lindsey Vonn was too injured to compete in Sochi. Vonn's past two seasons in her sport have been far more illustrious, even with the injury (she racked up 6 World Cup wins last season). Gold... well, at least she has her US title, if no other win.

Well, you can go on the Nick website and campaign against her, but this is the Kid's Choice, not ours. Danica Patrick won the last two years. Michelle Kwan is also a two-time winner, 2002 and 2003.

By the way, this is the first time that there is a separate Kids' Sport Award show, separate from the Kid's Choice vote for actors, favorite singers, etc. Linsey Vonn is up for two other awards besides best female athlete.

The people in the background are probably wondering, "who is that girl with the Olympic medal?"

And not only does she have an Olympic medal (thank you, Meryl and Charlie), but she was feted and photographed on the Red carpet and got to ride in a race car at 170 miles per hour. :rock:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And not only does she have an Olympic medal (thank you, Meryl and Charlie), but she was feted and photographed on the Red carpet and got to ride in a race car at 170 miles per hour. :rock:

Well, Gracie skated well and gave her all too - I am happy enough that she earned that medal. Everyone on that team did. Everyone but one.

Lucky girl got to ride with The King.