The diverse beauty of American lady figure skaters | Golden Skate

The diverse beauty of American lady figure skaters

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I think it goes to Ashley, not Gracie. Most unusual, Meryl. Bester skater? Gracie for jumps, Ashley for style.

Going back, there are so many beauties-American diversity!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
why are you pitting Gracie to others ? no need to discredit or be threatened by her beauty

imo, there are different kinds of beauty:

Classic Hollywood Beauty: Gracie Gold

others can be
Disney Princess Beauty: Meryl Davis
Supermodel Beauty: Tanith Belbin
All American Beauty: Dorothy Hamil
Plastic Surgery Beauty: Peggy Flemming
Girl Next Door Beauty: Sasha Cohen

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Thank you pointyourtoe. Cue up the ZZ Top because she's got legs:yes:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Michelle Kwan, of course. Forever. :love:

Of the current ladies? Ashley. Gracie's pretty but too typical and "artificial-feeling" to me. Ashley has more fire.

flutzy13

On the Ice
Madison Chock. No one else comes close.

Then Tanith Belbin. Sorry skyfly, she's the "classic Hollywood" beauty.

Gracie, Meryl and Marissa Castelli are all gorgeous though- completely different looks. Polina is adorable and will be striking. Maia has lovely bone structure. Ashley was the one all my guy friends were drooling over.

From the past-Kristi, Kwan, Jenny Kirk, Sasha.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
From the past there are zillions, Roz as a grownup, Nancy, Jill Trenary and for self possessed elegance Caryn Kadavy. Ice dance has a gorgeous husband wife team from 90's I forget their names-they did a race car routine, her dad was tragically shot by brother right before Olympics. Both were stunners.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
why are you pitting Gracie to others ? no need to discredit or be threatened by her beauty

Madison Chock imo is very average looking and has a common face even with her excessive make up

:laugh:

Are you kidding? She's like a young Tia Carrere.

Although, given the copious amounts of ethnic diversity included in your list of faves, I suppose Madison isn't Caucasian/blonde enough for you. :sarcasm:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Then Tanith Belbin. Sorry skyfly, she's the "classic Hollywood" beauty.

Agreed. Although let's not forget that she's Canadian (which is why I'm surprised sky_fly actually likes her!). :biggrin:

Tanith is the most beautiful of all the ones mentioned in this thread, and if all these skaters were simply women trying to be Hollywood actresses, Tanith would by FAR be the easiest bet of all of them.

jennyanydots

On the Ice
Elite figure skaters tend to be beautiful people. There's no need to make a beauty pageant out of it and it's not just limited to the US. Different people will like different looks and it's not very productive to pit your favorite against others'.

Matilda

Medalist
I find Madison Hubbell very beautiful, too. No need to rank these women, however, as they are all pretty in their own way.

Matilda

Medalist
I find Madison Hubbell very beautiful too. No need to rank these skaters, however, as they are all pretty in their own way.