Plushenko is back in training! | Golden Skate

Plushenko is back in training!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?
:unsure::confused2::disapp:

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports...urns-to-training-after-back-surgery-1.1071895

Why ? because he will perform probably in Yuzuru's show in Sendai mide-june and in Artistry on Ice show in end of July, in China. Probably the AOI's organizers awaiting him because the shows usually were held in June.

Tatajana Flade was in his first training

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 12h

(St.Petersburg) RT @Tatjana21: Today was @EvgeniPlushenko 1st practice and he enjoyed it. https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/status/469583373409976321/photo/1
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 12h

2 more photos for today's @EvgeniPlushenko's training in St.Petersburg, by @Tatjana21 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0237_3340104860938841035_n.jpg&size=1536,2048

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154151463625237&set=pcb.10154151474305237&type=1&theater

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 1h

RT @Tatjana21: "@EvgeniPlushenko said he won't rush anything and will take one step at a time and then see what happens."

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Why? Because he loves the ice. It is a part of him and calls him back. All of us know it, many of us feel it. There's no reason to rudely scream why over and over again.

I wish he wouldn't, because of his body, because of his young children. But the choice is his, and the final decision is between him and the ice. None of us can deny him that.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Financial troubles?? :laugh: Absolutely not.

He loves to skate, people love to watch him skate. He has not said for sure if he will compete next season - he is taking things slowly and step-by-step, but obviously he needs to train for his upcoming shows which begin in just a few weeks.

Is it really so hard to understand?

LRK

Record Breaker
Financial troubles?? :laugh: Absolutely not.

He loves to skate, people love to watch him skate. He has not said for sure if he will compete next season - he is taking things slowly and step-by-step, but obviously he needs to train for his upcoming shows which begin in just a few weeks.

Is it really so hard to understand?

Apparently so.

But of course - if I don't like Skater X, then how dare he compete - or even perform in shows (which I won't be watching probably anyway)? And I will throw a hissy fit on a public forum - as is clearly my Right - if he has the audacity to go against My Personal Wishes!

Apparently so.

But of course - if I don't like Skater X, then how dare he compete - or even perform in shows (which I won't be watching probably anyway)? And I will throw a hissy fit on a public forum - as is clearly my Right - if he has the audacity to go against My Personal Wishes!

That might be true in some cases. But you can't assume that everyone who gets upset at Plushy training right now is an anti-fan. Many people are just frustrated that he seems to want to cripple himself, and I must admit I feel that way sometimes, much as I admire his skating. Just the thought of what he's doing to his body gives me a bit of a fever, though obviously he's the boss and must decide for himself.

louisa05

Final Flight
That might be true in some cases. But you can't assume that everyone who gets upset at Plushy training right now is an anti-fan. Many people are just frustrated that he seems to want to cripple himself, and I must admit I feel that way sometimes, much as I admire his skating. Just the thought of what he's doing to his body gives me a bit of a fever, though obviously he's the boss and must decide for himself.

This. I feel like his body has long since told him that it is time to move on and he does not want to listen. It is hard for many elite athletes to walk away; you can see it in every sport. For most of them, their sport has been the focus of their lives since childhood; finding another path or passion must be frightening in a way.

hanca

Record Breaker

If people are so concerned about his health, can they honestly say that they live completely healthy lifestyle? Not smoking (can cause cancer), not eating unhealthy things which long term may harm too, not being overweight because that can also cause a wide range of ilnesses, doing some sport or activity that promotes health... I bet that the majority of those people who are so concerned about Plushenko's health have some thing in their lifestyle that may potentially make them ill too. But they will rather worry about someone else's health instead of starting with their own.

louisa05

Final Flight
If people are so concerned about his health, can they honestly say that they live completely healthy lifestyle? Not smoking (can cause cancer), not eating unhealthy things which long term may harm too, not being overweight because that can also cause a wide range of ilnesses, doing some sport or activity that promotes health... I bet that the majority of those people who are so concerned about Plushenko's health have some thing in their lifestyle that may potentially make them ill too. But they will rather worry about someone else's health instead of starting with their own.

Okay. That is really not the issue, either.

For me, it is more that it becomes hard to watch athletes who were great in their prime limp out of their sports. And I have never liked that it seems to, in the eyes of much of the public, diminish them and their legacy. At the time of Plush's withdrawal from Sochi, I heard Olympics only fans slamming him because they don't care or know that he may very well have been the greatest jumper in the history of the sport. To them, and their terrible memory of Olympic skating since they only pay attention briefly once every four years, he is the guy who withdrew because he (to quote one) "couldn't measure up". You don't have to go out on top, but it helps to know when it is time to walk away.

And I have NEVER been a fan, BTW.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Does he have any financial troubles? It maybe the reason.
Financial troubles? Have you seen his house? ;) (We better hope he doesn't have financial troubles, because if Plushenko is struggling for money, what does that mean for every other figure skater out there?)

I don't understand the panic. He has shows to attend in Japan and China. Of course he has to prepare. He's not certain to return to competition. If you don't like him, don't come to his shows. Did anyone expect him to hang up his skates and never step on ice again?

@Olympia
Absolutely--I don't think everyone who is upset about the news is a hater. But hard to see everyone as simply concerned, when some seem to find a snapped screw and potential paralysis as something to laugh about...

I don't see what the one has to do with the other. If we all waited until we were perfect to have an opinion about anything, we would never open our mouths. The fact is that Plushenko has a far less stable chronic injury than most other skaters, and it's natural to feel concern for him whether one has a bad lifestyle oneself or not. It would be less humane to say, "I don't care what Plushenko does to himself because I'm much more worried about my own health. As soon as I give up sugar/liquor/tobacco, I'll start caring about other people. And since I'll never give up sugar/liquor/tobacco, I'll never care about anyone else." That approach doesn't really work for me.

(By the way, I don't drink or smoke or overeat, so maybe I can be permitted to express worry about a skater I admire.)

caelum

On the Ice
Financial troubles? Have you seen his house? ;) (We better hope he doesn't have financial troubles, because if Plushenko is struggling for money, what does that mean for every other figure skater out there?)

Considering Nicolas Cage managed to blow through a $100-$150+ million dollar fortune by being an idiot, it's surely thinkable Plushenko could blow through his wealth.

Anyway, I hope he's just doing mild training for shows (but I doubt it). If he is training to be competitive and seriously tries for it, don't expect any sympathy from me when he hosts his inevitable pity parade when he's 35 and nearly crippled.

Alba

Record Breaker
For me, it is more that it becomes hard to watch athletes who were great in their prime limp out of their sports. And I have never liked that it seems to, in the eyes of much of the public, diminish them and their legacy.

That's true as well. I often felt that way for some of the greatest football players too. It must be hard for athletes, especially those who have been great champions, to know when it's the right time to stop.
However, this issue has been discussed when Mishin gave the news a month ago, If I'm not mistaken. To start another topic about why is he training (he could do that for many reasons and I don't see any problem, health issues included) looks like another opportunity to bash him, and it's a bit tiring and boring, IMO.

Just to clarify also that I've never been a fan too. Never liked his style of skating but I have the outmost respect for him.
He gave so much to this sport and he is already a legend. I would say to all, cut him some slacks.

LRK

Record Breaker
Considering Nicolas Cage managed to blow through a $100-$150+ million dollar fortune by being an idiot, it's surely thinkable Plushenko could blow through his wealth.

Anyway, I hope he's just doing mild training for shows (but I doubt it). If he is training to be competitive and seriously tries for it, don't expect any sympathy from me when he hosts his inevitable pity parade when he's 35 and nearly crippled.

Don't worry. We won't.