Who is going to Skate America 2014? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who is going to Skate America 2014?

lutzlover

On the Ice
I'm going and I am soooo excited! I can't wait to watch Alexa/Chris, Elena, Mirai, Elizaveta, and Jason. This my second major competition I've been to; my first was 2008 Nationals (throwback). I'm watching all events and I really cannot wait:yay:

w4300

Rinkside
I am excited to be going to my very first competition (major or otherwise LOL) Could not pass it up when it is is my own back yard. I literally live about 10 minutes away from the venue. I have an all-events ticket and will be sitting in the Club Section

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am excited to be going to my very first competition (major or otherwise LOL) Could not pass it up when it is is my own back yard. I literally live about 10 minutes away from the venue. I have an all-events ticket and will be sitting in the Club Section

This is my first major figure skating competition or any figure skating competition that I've attended also! I'm super duper excited!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Meryl and Charlie have said they will be in the audience, so maybe you'll see them. They are going to cheer for both S&S and C&B, as they are all good friends.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I'm going & am super excited! ETA I am in section 116 I think & have all event ticket

Itzme

Rinkside
Excited to go to SA again this year! Been to 3 of them on the West Coast in the last several years, this would be the first one venturing eastbound. Looking forward to it! Maybe we'll see some of you there.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I shall live vicariously through the lot of you and hope you all have a splendid time!

PullingForSasha

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Sooooo......
A few months ago, I stopped by Gracie’s FB page to see what she was up to, and I found a link to S.A. tickets. To my SHOCK, it’s about a 40 minute drive! I’M GOING, and as you can tell I am really excited. It is only my 3rd live show, and my first competition, ever.
Anyway, I went for all 4 days including Thursday practice, and I booked up a really good seat. I am section 117 three rows out from the front, and just to the right of the TV.
I will have to pepper people with a few questions, and I’m running out of time to do it.
This should be a BLAST! :biggrin:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
As I posted on the first page, this will be my first live competition ever! I'm in section 115, row 10. I'm dragging my mother to some of the sessions but will be flying solo for others. I really can't wait! Hope to see some of you there!

As an aside for those with experience, is it worth it to go to the practice sessions? I'm driving in Friday afternoon so I can't go to that one, but I can make all the others.

PullingForSasha

Rinkside
Country
United-States
I was wondering if they allow cameras and camcorders? Can anybody tell me? I'm bringing my Canon camera with built in camcorder. NBC is covering SO LITTLE of it. I just bought 4 more batteries for a total of SIX, so I hope so!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I was wondering if they allow cameras and camcorders? Can anybody tell me? I'm bringing my Canon camera with built in camcorder. NBC is covering SO LITTLE of it. I just bought 4 more batteries for a total of SIX, so I hope so!

Depends on how big it is. If it's like a compact one, it shouldn't be a problem. Flash is a definite no-no.

I'm sad I will not be joining you all -- but have a great time!

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Not telling what you to do. If you want to look at the official Skate America policies for cameras, video, etc., they are here:

Hope you and everyone else enjoy the experience! :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Excited to go to SA again this year! Been to 3 of them on the West Coast in the last several years, this would be the first one venturing eastbound. Looking forward to it! Maybe we'll see some of you there.

Welcome to Golden Skate, Itzme! May you have a wonderful time and come back and tell us about it!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I already started packing tonight. Lol. ACK!!!!!! I just need to get through 2 classes tomorrow, 3 on Thursday, and a lab class on Friday....plus lots of homework until I'm on my way to the airport!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Augh!!!! Only less than 51 hours until I'll be on my way to the airport. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Why is it taking so long to be Friday!!!!! Augh!!!!

Well I know I will be rocking out in my outfit under my lab coat on Friday in organic chemistry 1 lab.

deedee1

Record Breaker
To all those who are going to SA, please have a safe trip and have a great time there! :) There is nothing like watching competitions LIVE! :rock: