Why People Scare Me At Times!!! | Golden Skate

Why People Scare Me At Times!!!

bronxgirl

Medalist
What is also outrageous is that this was done through the "auspices" of a church! What was that minister thinking?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Very extreme and inappropriate. Parents should have been warned about the content before bringing their children. Looking at history, nothing surprises me anymore at what is done in the name of "religion". 42

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
This is what makes it so bad trying to teach people about Christians. It is so hard for those who don't know better to think that is what Christianity is about. It is NOT. These cannot be true Christians. True Christians are about LOVE. Only God judges. To be judges ourselves means we are sinning. Did you ever think about the fact that if you get angry, you are judging. True Christians do not hurt anything or anyone. I myself find that I have hurt others and grieve over it. The greatest thing is that Christ died for us and we can confess and be forgiven. That is what Christianity is about. And there is no one who has never sinned except Jesus.

andrealm

Rinkside
That story makes me so sad. I agree with you grgranny - this kind of stuff is not what christianity is all about but what are people who don't know supposed to think.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I am getting sick and tired of these "Christian groups" who are always going off about "Oh, won't someone please think of the children?" and then pulling stunts like this. They seem to have 2 entirely different mindsets when it comes to violence. If it's a "secular" Hollywood, TV type violence, that's just awful and something needs to be done and children should not be exposed to it under ANY circumstances. HOWEVER, the flip side of the coin would appear to be that there is also a category of violence that is is quite all right for children to be exposed to, because after all, it's within the confines of a "Christian teaching experience", i.e, this Easter Bunny incident, anti-abortion activists who haul their 7-year-olds to anti-abortion rallies featuring really gory photographs of dead fetuses (and also exposing other people's children to it who just may happen to be passing by), and taking their children to see "Passion of the Christ". [Not that ardent Christians are the only ones doing the latter, but there's got to be a fair percentage who are]. Nice double standard. Violence and gore are violence and gore and context is irrelevant.