The NEW highest score you can attain in Ice Dance is..... | Golden Skate

The NEW highest score you can attain in Ice Dance is.....

GF2445

Record Breaker
Wait for it.......

203.10 points!

Depending if the ISU make changes to the factoring of the PCS this is it

SD: Highest Score 82.20pts
Technical: 42.20pts
Presentation: 40.00pts

FD: Highest Score 120.90pts
Technical: 60.90pts
Presentation: 60.00pts

Interesting- they are offering a choreographic lift or spinning movement. You can only do one but the spinning movement has a BV 0.3points higher than the lift.

Here are the new Ice Dance SOV
http://static.isu.org/media/149758/1868-id-scales-of-values-2014_15.pdf

Here are the new Technical Rules for Ice Dance
http://static.isu.org/media/142577/1857-id-technical-requirements-season-2014-15.pdf

Thoughts?
I still thin that the SD should be 80pts max and the FD 120pts max for a maximum total of 200pts.

Alba

Record Breaker
Thoughts?
I still thin that the SD should be 80pts max and the FD 120pts max for a maximum total of 200pts.

Not a big deal, 3 point more or less. It's the same thing, just needed for placement and that's it.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Not a big deal, 3 point more or less. It's the same thing, just needed for placement and that's it.

I know its not a big issue.
An issue which many people have with understanding the system is where the limit is. To put it another way, people ask "what is the maximum amount of points a person can receive in each program"- where is the ceiling?

Thank goodness it's easy to know in Ice Dance- you can say that the ceiling is around 200points.

When you compare that to men's- we saw Patrick Chan at nations break 100pts in the SP and 200pts in the FS but there are harder listed jumps out there that he and no one else really does (except a handful of other skaters) that are worth more points.

It's a small yet nagging issue that gets to me. Maybe I need to do some maths during my uni break.