Team Russia for 2014/2015 Season | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Team Russia for 2014/2015 Season

sisinka

Final Flight
96skiluvr said:
Huh that's funny, unless 170 is a larger number than 177, I'm pretty sure Khalivian is taller...

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00009763.htm

when she puts on her skates, they are almost of the same height
they are the perfect example of a mismatched couple, even more mismatched than Ilinykh / Zhiganshin

MsLiinaLii said:
Right. She puts her skates on and he skates on his foot.

Interesting debate :popcorn: :laugh:…I made screen photos from Ksenia and Kirill’s programs and I took one photos off ice.
Off ice –
33wvdvn.jpg

SD and FD –
292bevr.jpg

Comparing on ice and off ice –
1zdokue.jpg

Especially for Sky_Fly20 I put a straight line from the top of Ksenia’s head and surprisingly (mainly for Sky_Fly20), this straight line finishes under Kirill’s top of the head….
2ivohmg.jpg

sisinka

Final Flight
This must be a comparison of the Olympic season FDs? That's the only scenario where arguing that H&D was slow would make sense. I definitely wouldn't qualify the team's overall skating in the past three years as slow. While there's much they need to work on still, from the beginning of the partnership they showcased power and speed. I'd say that between the lyrical quality/slower tempo of their music and Madison's hip injury, sure, some aspects of their skating suffered this past season. Although, bad hip or not, I think their Finnstep SD still showed quick feet.

I was comparing Olympic season. Looking at H&D first two seasons together, their speed was OK. I wouldn't say that lyrical or slow music leads to slow skating, but hip injury could play a role in speed.
Is it really sure that H&D are training with Zueva now?

blancanieves

On the Ice
I was comparing Olympic season. Looking at H&D first two seasons together, their speed was OK. I wouldn't say that lyrical or slow music leads to slow skating, but hip injury could play a role in speed.
Is it really sure that H&D are training with Zueva now?

No, no. They're training with Krylova/Camerlengo :)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Interesting debate :popcorn: :laugh:…I made screen photos from Ksenia and Kirill’s programs and I took one photos off ice.
Off ice –
33wvdvn.jpg

SD and FD –
292bevr.jpg

Comparing on ice and off ice –
1zdokue.jpg

Especially for Sky_Fly20 I put a straight line from the top of Ksenia’s head and surprisingly (mainly for Sky_Fly20), this straight line finishes under Kirill’s top of the head….
2ivohmg.jpg

:laugh: Owned.

I wonder what sky_fly will say now. The angle of the camera is misleading? :popcorn:

Mattieu

Medalist
:laugh: Owned.

I wonder what sky_fly will say now. The angle of the camera is misleading? :popcorn:

....no she will say that the ISU bio is all lies and that Monko is really 180 cms tall, 3 cms taller than Kirill but has perfected the art of the hidden knee bend to make her look shorter than his 177 cms ;)

But seriously, I saw them in the flesh in Nice last year, and she is definitely at least 7 cms shorter than him.
She has also recently slimmed down a lot and looks much more petite.
Their technique is excellent, they are very versatile, and with all the splits in Russia, they should have a great season, and to sky_fly's ultimate annoyance, could end up going to Euros :)

hanca

Record Breaker
Their technique is excellent, they are very versatile, and with all the splits in Russia, they should have a great season, and to sky_fly's ultimate annoyance, could end up going to Euros :)

They won't be going to Europeans. It will still be B-S, I-Z and S-K. Per recent interview from Kustarova, I-Z are working 10 hours a day. They both have a lot to prove because they want to beat their ex-partners and that's a very strong motivation. It seems that they really want it and that they are gelling well. I can't imagine that S-K would be left off the team, because although I think this pair will be behind I-Z thanks to Sinitsina, Zueva's politicking will get them internationally higher than Monko-Khaliavin could place at their first Europeans.

bramweld

Record Breaker
They won't be going to Europeans. It will still be B-S, I-Z and S-K. Per recent interview from Kustarova, I-Z are working 10 hours a day. They both have a lot to prove because they want to beat their ex-partners and that's a very strong motivation. It seems that they really want it and that they are gelling well. I can't imagine that S-K would be left off the team, because although I think this pair will be behind I-Z thanks to Sinitsina, Zueva's politicking will get them internationally higher than Monko-Khaliavin could place at their first Europeans.

Understood. However it's about time that M/K realize their potential. They are also motivated and they also know this year may provide them their best opportunity. Also their years of experience is a definite advantage.

Have we forgotten S/B? Its gonna be an intense nationals!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think she said they worked 10 hours a day with Najarro for those three days when he worked with them in Latvia, 10 hours a day every single day would be really too much for anyone, and I don't think they could obtain that much ice time (unless they train during the night) ;) however, it is almost certain that they're training hard, but there is no reason to think that M/K and S/B are not training hard, too...

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I think she said they worked 10 hours a day with Najarro for those three days when he worked with them in Latvia, 10 hours a day every single day would be really too much for anyone, and I don't think they could obtain that much ice time (unless they train during the night) ;) however, it is almost certain that they're training hard, but there is no reason to think that M/K and S/B are not training hard, too...

Although the ISU bios are often inaccurate, Kustarova's skaters tend to average about 50 hours of training per week during the off-season. A lot of that training involves off-ice work like ballroom, acrobatics, fitness, and ballet and not necessarily just skating. And judging by the earlier video of Najarro with Hurtado and Diaz and Papadakis and Cizeron, he does a lot of off ice work as well

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Although the ISU bios are often inaccurate, Kustarova's skaters tend to average about 50 hours of training per week during the off-season. A lot of that training involves off-ice work like ballroom, acrobatics, fitness, and ballet and not necessarily just skating. And judging by the earlier video of Najarro with Hurtado and Diaz and Papadakis and Cizeron, he does a lot of off ice work as well
Yes, I think that most of the top-level couples train (I inlclude all training moments, on and off ice) between 6 and 8 hours a day, and that's "training hard" for sure :laugh: but I think that there's no reason to think that I/Z or S/K will be necessarily better than M/K or S/B or that they're training harder... Just wait and see the training results ;):popcorn: