2014 Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Nebelhorn Trophy

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Word is Hubbell/Donohue have W/D and are making their season debut at Skate Canada in the GP.

Did you mean to post in the Finlandia thread instead of this one??

Hubbell/Donohue have withdrawn from Finlandia. Don't think they ever had been Nebelhorn entries.

Thank you golden411 for your informative posts. I can't tell you how helpful posts such as the NBC broadcast info, and this post, among many others are to me :clap:. Do you happen to know if this Nebelhorn live stream is geoblocked? In any case, thank you because I will know where to find it even using workarounds thanks to your efforts.:)

Appreciate your kind words very much, auser. :) Glad that you already got an answer to your question re geoblocking.

... That said, the live broadcast should also be available for on demand streaming later. ...

Thx for the answer re archiving, Alex -- and for all of your other information. :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Totally agree. After several attempts I don't even bother to understand them any more.

Really? I find them really easy. :slink:

EDIT: Erk, early hours of the morning Australian time. Sorry Team Australia/Jason. Not happening.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Totally agree. After several attempts I don't even bother to understand them any more.

It's not too hard.
The colours are coded
Blue- Men
Pink- Ladies
Green- Pairs
Yellow- Ice Dance

If a block of time is fully coloured it means practice
If a block of time only has colour on the top and the bottom of the block, it means competition.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Just arrived at the ice rink and it seems that Annabelle is sick and cant compete :(

I keep ya posted.

Also,

Based on the handout we got, the live stream will also have Interviews with the skaters and background stories.

The information i have is 11.30 CET thursday (when the stream will go online).

Thats it for now ;)

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Just arrived at the ice rink and it seems that Annabelle is sick and cant compete :(

I keep ya posted.

Also,

Based on the handout we got, the live stream will also have Interviews with the skaters and background stories.

The information i have is 11.30 CET thursday (when the stream will go online).

Thats it for now ;)

Thanks for the info! That's disappointing for Prolss and Blommaert and their fans.

Does it say in the handout whether the live stream will be archived to view later? Looking at the website it seems they do archive videos, but I don't want to assume. I would LOVE it if they did since I'll be traveling this weekend.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Any idea what's being shown on the Nebelhorn live stream right now? I thought practices didn't start until tomorrow...

http://www.eislauf-union.de/

Vielen dank for the alert that they are streaming something today. :)

The direct streaming link (at least right now) is:

Remains to be seen whether the URL for streaming will change slightly for each segment (as the JGP streaming links do).​

Dunno what exactly they are showing at the moment (unofficial practice?), but they evidently are testing the stream and graphics and such -- showing an SP score, for instance.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Any idea what's being shown on the Nebelhorn live stream right now? I thought practices didn't start until tomorrow...

http://www.eislauf-union.de/

It looks like they're just testing out stream.

Here is the precise livestream link:http://new.livestream.com/accounts/10053677/events/3397094

It's embedded on several pages as well.

And given my past experience with Livestream. I think there is an archiving option.

ETA: And golden beat me to it!

I think it's smart they're going with Livestream. It's a great streaming platform.

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
They do indeed test it ;)

Some of the local skaters were on the ice earlier so you might had seen those ;)

Off. Practice. Starts tomorrow at noon with Elladj Balde on the PR and at 13.05 with Paradies Ouellette on the MR.

I also met a couple skaters off ice like a very happy Liza and Denis Ten. All are ready and have a good time with those summerish temperatures.

The handout does have the exact streaming address - I wanted to post it tomorrow but i guess its the same as Mrs.P posted ;)

No word about on demand but this doesnt mean it wont happen.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the report, Alex! :)

ETA: Please note that Alex has added the full schedule to his original post (I've also edited it to put the times for the Eastern Daylight time for those in N. America).

Last edited:

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Thanks everyone! I'm guessing that there will be archiving, since the test video from today is already in the archives (I'm watching it now). I'm also guessing this means they'll be showing practices on the stream (I'm hoping at least). The website says that something is going to be live at 10:00 PM EST this evening, but it doesn't say what.

Also, thanks to Ms. P for giving us the times in EST. It's a great help to those of us in NA!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
IN's preview of Nebelhorn:

Among other things, the article says that Jason Brown will not be trying his quad in competition here. And that all of Chock/Bates' lifts are new.

Alex, have you heard any thoughts on the judging experiment from the men or dancers? Oddly, the IN preview makes absolutely no mention of the judging experiment.

ETA, Jason Brown's first blog entry from Nebelhorn 2014 has been posted :):

ETA, IN's "Backstage at Nebelhorn" photo gallery (the four photos so far show Team USA skaters):

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have updated the times to include times for those of you in Japan. So we got Europe/Americas/Asia covered. (And Australia too?)

Let me know if there any other major time zones to cover.

humbaba

Final Flight
I have updated the times to include times for those of you in Japan. So we got Europe/Americas/Asia covered. (And Australia too?)

Let me know if there any other major time zones to cover.

Mrs. P you are an angel. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sparing me the annoying time-zone conversion ritual.

On another note, I have the Livestream channel on my Roku, but they don't seem to be carrying Nebelhorn Trophy on it. This is disappointing, as I'd love to be able to watch on my TV rather than on the computer.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mrs. P you are an angel. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sparing me the annoying time-zone conversion ritual.

On another note, I have the Livestream channel on my Roku, but they don't seem to be carrying Nebelhorn Trophy on it. This is disappointing, as I'd love to be able to watch on my TV rather than on the computer.

I'd recommend using the search box. Nebelhorn isn't on the main page. I found the event page by searching for it.