55th ISU Congress: Who voted "For" and "Against" anonymous judging | Page 4 | Golden Skate

55th ISU Congress: Who voted "For" and "Against" anonymous judging

GF2445

Record Breaker
I wish we could interview an Official that was there at the congress and ask about the atmoshphere and the LONG discussion about the pros and cons of anonymous judging.

Ven

Match Penalty
The difference is that before 2002 casual fans trusted that judges were mostly trying to do the right thing and they no longer do and _nothing_ the ISU has done since 2002 has restored fan trust.

In 2002, one could naively claim that it was just rogue judges causing the problem.

2014 shows the ISU and the Federations WANT cheating to occur, they believe it is how you do business in the sport, and even if it drives off interest, they just don't care.

Crylais

Rinkside
This is not my view but something a friend said as a joke :p

Russia voted for abolition because they worried S.Korea would deny them OGM at 2018.

S.Korea voted for its retention because they want to deny Russia OGM at 2018.

:p

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia

Russia voted for abolition because they worried S.Korea would deny them OGM at 2018.

Crazy as it is, it sounds logical! :yes:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

Their hands are too short for that. If Russian ladies dominate the quad no korean dirty tricks will play.

Alba

Record Breaker
What was the proposal about the Reverse order draw that did not pass?

ahy

Final Flight
LOL at this. Why do the federations with no power vote for anonymous judging, that will not do any good to their skaters..That's sooo strange. And that KSU, are they planning for a revenge, they don't care about fs at all as you can see.

bara1968

On the Ice
It's becoming hilarious to see some of you guys going too far and conveniently assuming that Korean fed is a villan, and treating them as if somehow they already committed to an evil action even though KSF has not done anything harm to other fed/skaters. In gpf, 4cc in Korea, winners were Japanese, even when Yuna was a heavy favorite. As far as I know, there has been ZERO scandal in Korean soil. And Pyoungchang is in 4 years. NOTHING happened yet.

I am all against anonimous judging, and deeply dissappointed at KSF's decision. But it is indeed presumptuous to assume that Korean fed will take their vengence by bribing all the judges to prevent Russians to win etc. , using anonymous judging. why, really why will they do that with their own money?

One thing I can say for sure is that, Pyoungchang will be covered by Yuna Kim(her interviews, images etc) and all of koreans will treat her as a double gold medalist (based on their reaction and news article, and in my heart she is the double gold medalist) whether you like it or not. That may be their own way of revenge.

Meoima

Match Penalty
One thing I can say for sure is that, Pyoungchang will be covered by Yuna Kim(her interviews, images etc) and all of koreans will treat her as a double gold medalist (based on their reaction and news article, and in my heart she is the double gold medalist) whether you like it or not. That may be their own way of revenge.
That would be good to see. Yuna is a pretty lady and she has angelic features, I don't mind seeing her pictures in news about Pyoungchang.:)

I only hope for fair judging. Let's bet it on 2016 meeting. Sigh.

GF2445

Record Breaker
The motion about reverse order also failed to pass.

Something that did pass was that the program components for dance are set to increase.

Alba

Record Breaker
I am all against anonimous judging, and deeply dissappointed at KSF's decision. But it is indeed presumptuous to assume that Korean fed will take their vengence by bribing all the judges to prevent Russians to win etc. , using anonymous judging. why, really why will they do that with their own money?

I do agree with you and don't believe for a second that will happen.
The funny thing though is that the majority of people who seems to think that are the ones who are Kim's fans, or Korean fans (if I may use that term), but maybe they are just hoping - more than actually believing - for something like that to happen.

cooper

Medalist
It's becoming hilarious to see some of you guys going too far and conveniently assuming that Korean fed is a villan, and treating them as if somehow they already committed to an evil action even though KSF has not done anything harm to other fed/skaters. In gpf, 4cc in Korea, winners were Japanese, even when Yuna was a heavy favorite. As far as I know, there has been ZERO scandal in Korean soil. And Pyoungchang is in 4 years. NOTHING happened yet.

it is indeed hilarious.. and not to mention they're giving korean skating union too much credit..:laugh: as if they can somehow managed to orchestrate a plan on their own.. they couldn't even put a concrete complaint for crying out loud! :laugh:

and they have no money to bribe those judges..and if they have the money.. they will rather spend that money to speed skating and short track.. :p

GF2445

Record Breaker
It must be said that what makes the ISU situation so scary is that its corrupt but its not dysfunctional. Its very much a functional sporting association with lots of rules and regulations but its decisions are poor and rooted in an atmosphere of political stasis, corruption and fear of the 'wrath' of Cinquanta (through sanctions). The ISU (not necessarily each country's federation but the official isu delegation and officials) in its current state only cares about themselves and not the sports, each national federation, coaches and skaters it looks after.

This vote shows that some people are scared of change.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's becoming hilarious to see some of you guys going too far and conveniently assuming that Korean fed is a villan, and treating them as if somehow they already committed to an evil action even though KSF has not done anything harm to other fed/skaters.

Nobody actually thinks KSU is capable of doing anything like cheating and I doubt they even have much influence even with the 2018 games. The good thing is we know its possible for a skater to rise above all this silliness and get results simply thru great skating. We saw Yuna do it. Imagine there are others with the ability to follow her footsteps like So Youn Park. She is learning from a master in how to operate within a corrupt/useless fed. :clap:

"You may say I'm dreamer but I'm not the only one"

Alba

Record Breaker
Is there anyone who knows how many from the countries who voted yes and those who voted no have a separate federation for FS?