Kiira Korpi ready for comeback! | Golden Skate

Kiira Korpi ready for comeback!

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
https://www.facebook.com/1252315094...12523150943/10152451498850944/?type=1&theater

After 2 years out of ice for her persistent injuries, kiira Korpi is ready for comeback and compete in the next season!
I'm so glad to hear this, she is one of the few mature and artistic female skaters, together Ashley Wagner, they will be the only "women" on the ice this season I think , and they are teammates in Raf Team!!
Go for all, Kiira!! wellcome back again! ♥ ♥

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
she has passed her prime, and isn't getting any younger
she is 26 years old something ?

besides there are fresh, young , beautiful girls already who will pass her at Europeans

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I for one am looking forward to her return. She actually looked quite good before the injuries sidelined her. And her basics are great, of course.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Unfortunately, Kiira won't be in the GP this season. She's #50 on the ISU Rankings, so won't get an original invitation. Since she hasn't competed in the past season, she's not on the Seasons Best list, so she can't be a substitute. She may be at Finlandia and/or at other "B" events.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Wishing her the best!! I think she couldn't reach the success she aimed for, and if she is still motivated to continue, why not? :love: :love:

makaihime

Final Flight
If she feels motivated and still has the passion for it, why not? :agree: Wishing her all the best~

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
she has passed her prime, and isn't getting any younger
she is 26 years old something ?

besides there are fresh, young , beautiful girls already who will pass her at Europeans

:rolleye: No skater gets younger.

She's 25. And if Kostner can do so well at the age of 27, there's still hope for Korpi.

I don't normally go by looks, but Korpi is the most gorgeous figure skater out there, IMO. Even "past her prime" she's more gorgeous than most of the field. Any attempt to dispute Korpi being a pretty woman is pure and utter haterade.

Also, it'll be nice to see a "Hollywood blonde beauty" out there who has actually won international competitions. :biggrin:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
:rolleye: No skater gets younger.

She's 25. And if Kostner can do so well at the age of 27, there's still hope for Korpi.

I don't normally go by looks, but Korpi is the most gorgeous figure skater out there, IMO. Even "past her prime" she's more gorgeous than most of the field. Any attempt to dispute Korpi being a pretty woman is pure and utter haterade.

Also, it'll be nice to see a "Hollywood blonde beauty" out there who has actually won international competitions. :biggrin:

though Kiira is indeed a gorgeous blonde

Kiira isnt the same calibre/league as Carolina
so no, she won't achieve much if she comes back

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
though Kiira is indeed a gorgeous blonde

Kiira isnt the same calibre/league as Carolina
so no, she won't achieve much if she comes back

I agree that Kostner is a special case. But what about Suzuki? No spring chicken herself, but she's managed to have some good results the past few seasons including a World bronze and medals on all her GP events.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I agree that Kostner is a special case. But what about Suzuki? No spring chicken herself, but she's managed to have some good results the past few seasons including a World bronze and medals on all her GP events.

Suzuki, didnt take a season off from injuries, she gradually progressed as she got older
Kiira has been hampered by injuries for a long time and missing many seasons already

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Suzuki, didnt take a season off from injuries, she gradually progressed as she got older
Kiira has been hampered by injuries for a long time and missing many seasons already

She missed all of last season, but the season before she won a GP event (Rostelecom... where she beat a certain other blonde, if I recall :biggrin:) and qualified for the GPF and was 3rd at Euros.

In 2008-2009 she opted not to skate in the GP series (I think due to injury) but still competed at Euros where she placed 5th. She's had to miss Worlds due to injury (which is unfortunate because she had a shot to medal in 2012), but she hasn't missed more than one entire season.

If you look at Kiira's competitive record, she also was progressing over time, until she had to sit out 2013-2014. It didn't make sense for her to try to compete in 2014 anyways when Finland didn't have a Sochi spot... might as well rest her Achilles injury.

But an injury doesn't take out a skater necessarily. I mean, look at Slutskaya, who had health issues in her 2003-2004 season at the age of 25, and then stormed back to win everything the next year at the age of 26 and won Euros and Olympic bronze at 27.

I can see why you're so bitter about Kiira though... you always drone on about how people are threatened by beauty, and clearly you've become what you preach against. :laugh:

Poice

Final Flight
Glad to hear this! I wish her all the best but her chances for "big comeback" are barely existing. Unfortunately to many wonder kids form Russia are going to dominate in Europe (and not only there).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Glad to hear this! I wish her all the best but her chances for "big comeback" are barely existing. Unfortunately to many wonder kids form Russia are going to dominate in Europe (and not only there).

Well, that's the issue. It's not so much Kiira can't comeback, it's the competition she'll face when she comes back.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She missed all of last season, but the season before she won a GP event (Rostelecom... where she beat a certain other blonde, if I recall :biggrin:) and qualified for the GPF and was 3rd at Euros.

In 2008-2009 she opted not to skate in the GP series (I think due to injury) but still competed at Euros where she placed 5th. She's had to miss Worlds due to injury (which is unfortunate because she had a shot to medal in 2012), but she hasn't missed more than one entire season.

If you look at Kiira's competitive record, she also was progressing over time, until she had to sit out 2013-2014. It didn't make sense for her to try to compete in 2014 anyways when Finland didn't have a Sochi spot... might as well rest her Achilles injury.

But an injury doesn't take out a skater necessarily. I mean, look at Slutskaya, who had health issues in her 2003-2004 season at the age of 25, and then stormed back to win everything the next year at the age of 26 and won Euros and Olympic bronze at 27.

I can see why you're so bitter about Kiira though... you always drone on about how people are threatened by beauty, and clearly you've become what you preach against. :laugh:

your comparing Kiira to Slutskaya's comeback :rolleye:
Slutskaya was already a World champion then, numerous other World medals and multiple European champion, an Olympic medal
Kiira didn't even achieved that before her injuries