Philadelphia Summer Championships 2014 - Liberty | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Philadelphia Summer Championships 2014 - Liberty

ice coverage

Record Breaker

nylynnr

On the Ice
Great score for Roxanne Rheault! 3rd place after the short :yay:
Does anyone can report her program ? Witch jump she used ? and does she has landed all her jump or have one fall ? etc.

She did a triple flip, turnout, double toe; and she touched down on her triple Lutz. Double Axel was okay. Wouldn't say her score was great but good start.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

MasterB

Final Flight
Maria Yang did a gorgeous triple flip triple loop but, bombed the rest of the short.

Francesca skated clean but, no triple-triple

Canadian girls skated well but all of them had at least one hand down, or two foot landing.

Shelepen did the Lutz combo, popped the axel and took a hard fall on the flip. She lacks basic skills.

Ross had a tough time with the axels, did five triples in total. Start of program was beautifully choreograph before it went on to Andrea boccelli, not my taste.

Emmanuel Savary tried quad salchow but fell. The promised he had a few years ago is no longer there. He needs to dumb those Eisner programs and do something more mature.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

nylynnr

On the Ice
The Skate Detroit thread has been scrounging around for names of skaters who will be competing there, if/when you can shed any light ...

I can't pass on anything new, but I think it's a mistake to plan a trip to a summer comp. based on who is entered, or who you think might compete. There are often many changes made in summer schedules right up to the day of the event, and you truly never know if all the entries end up skating. You just go, relax, talk to people, maybe go out and get something to eat.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Philadelphia postcards: Cain is able but not willing
Vocals inspire Miner, Peng; Barabé's Quebec skaters show up in force

Posted 7/21/14 by Lynn Rutherford, special to icenetwork
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/07/21/85572800

I can't pass on anything new, but I think it's a mistake to plan a trip to a summer comp. based on who is entered, or who you think might compete. There are often many changes made in summer schedules right up to the day of the event, and you truly never know if all the entries end up skating. You just go, relax, talk to people, maybe go out and get something to eat.

Thanks for the article above, Lynn -- and for all your GS posts and replies. :)

And thx for your wise advice re summer competitions.