Lake Placid International Dance Competition 2014 July 30 to August 2 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lake Placid International Dance Competition 2014 July 30 to August 2

FSGMT

Record Breaker
What about Poulin/Servant? They didn't compete last year, so it was a strong comeback for them! :clap: Any video?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
You can buy a day pass to the archive from the streaming company, I believe for $10.

Figureskaterr

Rinkside
Is it normal that these summer events in North America don't publish the judges' scores at all? I find this very strange :eek:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Lake Placid publishes the scores (somewhat delayed) but not the protocols.

If you are at an event, often copies of the protocols are available for a fee-one reason that protocold often not available.

Scores are usually posted in hard copy taped to a wall somewhere, which is why you will see photos of scoresheets.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
McNamara and Carpenter's SD is to African music, not a samba, so that explains the dress. I thought it was a little odd, because McNamara/Carpenter skate to POTO for their FD and the Parsons skate to Notre Dame De Paris. I don't understand why the WISA coaches are choosing music that has been used by Davis/White before. Running out of ideas perhaps?

I sort of figured on the M/C SD theme, but still think the dress looks kind of odd.

fotwizzle

Spectator
I sort of figured on the M/C SD theme, but still think the dress looks kind of odd.

It does, there is too much going on with the hanging beads and fringe plus the leopard print. Looks okay from the stands, but it doesn't work close up or in a photographs.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I love Lorraine McNamara's SD costume and it suits the music so well. This team has grown on me quite dramatically over the past few seasons. They possess a style all their own and have good technical skills--I find them a lot of fun to watch. The only thing that irks me about them is their prolonged and over the top preparation before they strike the opening pose--before every single program! šŸ˜Ÿ

fotwizzle

Spectator
I love Lorraine McNamara's SD costume and it suits the music so well. This team has grown on me quite dramatically over the past few seasons. They possess a style all their own and have good technical skills--I find them a lot of fun to watch. The only thing that irks me about them is their prolonged and over the top preparation before they strike the opening pose--before every single program! ��

I agree, they are technically very solid and all of their elements are on point. Just not a big fan of their style, if we're going with WISA teams I prefer the Parsons. You are totally right about the crazy theatrics when their names are called- they've been doing it since they were little kids, and it worked then and was quite cute. I think that they should drop the pre-pose striking theatrics now that they are serious contenders at Jr. Worlds and the JGP Final. It would make them seem more mature.