"Women" and "Girls" for season 2014-15 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

"Women" and "Girls" for season 2014-15

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
an issue with the head is hard to fix like Gachinskis
so is a genetic/body frame like Tuk cannot be changed, Tuk has weight issues but even if she loses a few pounds her body frame looks wide

Midori Ito was stocky too but i never hurt her skating.

Alba

Record Breaker
Soyoun Park's jumps are the only ones out of the current ladies' that I find impressive all-around. She has decent speed going in, great rotations and body positioning in air, and good landings and flow-out. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone else in next season's ladies field that has such well-rounded jumps. Most of the ladies are strong in some aspects and weak in others (ex: big, explosive jumps, but unattractive launches and landings).

I fully agree with this. I was impressed with Park. Not just with her jumps but her overall performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What good is the technique when you are constantly falling like Artur has the last 3 years?

Because it means that now, when Artur's injuries are healed, Tarasova doesn't need to touch the jumps. It's not a worry. Heck, even at his worst his worst jump was the quad but everything else was still there. Two weeks before Russian Nationals he did a two-quad two-3A long that was basically clean. You can't do that if the jumps have disappeared.

Irina89

On the Ice
I think Mishin is one of, if not the best, when it comes to jumping technique. What I just can't understand, is his stubbornness when it comes to choreography....The things his skaters could achieve :cry:

YLFan

Match Penalty
If someone hates "girls" they surely aren't going to like the present and future. All the main contenders this year are 15-19. Next year is going to be a big influx of 15 year olds. More remaining older skaters like Wagner will likely retire.

Icey

Record Breaker
Did Tara ever skate as (or like) a "woman"? I was surprised to see her on a Hollywood Game Night last evening.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think Mishin is one of, if not the best, when it comes to jumping technique. What I just can't understand, is his stubbornness when it comes to choreography....The things his skaters could achieve :cry:
Agree about the artistic part, those Tangos for Evgeni and Latino for Liza are just :bang: but I think that almost all his students have very good toeloop, loop, lutz and axel technique, while his flip technique is one of the worst: Plushy and Artur didn't even include them, and (before this blackout year) it was Liza's worst jump, the most inconsistent one... It reminds me of Morozov: most of his skaters (I' m thinking about Miki, Valentina, Junior Kovtun, Amodio) have very good lutz and almost no flip :think: