Glacier Falls Summer Classic 2014 July 30 to August 3 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Glacier Falls Summer Classic 2014 July 30 to August 3

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks Sylvia for the flash results for the Men's competition:

Sylvia
‏@SylviaUnseen
Glacier Falls Sr Men 1-4: @jasonbskates 229.28 (146.24 FS), @Grant_Hochstein 214.11 (144.92), @SeanRabbitt 195.83, @JordanMoeller 180.68
7:59 PM - 2 Aug 2014

Props to UMBSgoblue (https://twitter.com/umbsgoblue) for these videos:
Shotaro Omori LP - 2014 Glacier Falls Classic http://youtu.be/2R_oaaP89bs
Jason Brown LP - 2014 Glacier Falls Classic http://youtu.be/G_o24Xm5SC0 (this one is still processing, so if you can't get it yet check back in a few minutes).

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Re: Jason Brown

Ooh...finally a half loop I can get down with :clap: Great spins and a good overall program. I prefer music like this...I guess I'm far too serious or something. :p

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ooh...finally a half loop I can get down with :clap: Great spins and a good overall program. I prefer music like this...I guess I'm far too serious or something. :p

You are a SERIOUS fan of the SERIOUS Julia Lipnitskaia, so you know. :laugh:

I agree it's a good program overall -- the tech content is still watered down, but I"m sure he'll beef it up later.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Thanks Sylvia for the flash results for the Men's competition
You're welcome!

Final results:

Brown 229.28 1 1 (146.24 FS 67.22 TES/79.02 PCS)
Hochstein 214.11 3 2 (144.92 FS 74.40/70.52)
Rabbitt 195.83 4 3 (131.36 FS 63.84/67.52)
Moeller 180.68 6 4 (121.39 FS 56.13/66.26 -1)
Kerry 175.07 2 7 (102.88 FS 48.12/56.76 -2)
Omori 172.22 7 5 (113.69 FS 55.95/59.74 -2)
Dyer 166.30 8 6 (111.96 FS 51.32/61.64 -1)
Warren 162.59 (101.11 FS 39.97/61.14)
Gosselin 150.68 (97.15 FS 39.77/58.38 -1)
Gordon 146.01 (94.01 FS 44.11/52.90 -3)
Guthrie 124.21 (77.56 FS 29.42/48.14)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Polina scored an incredible 136 for a 7-triples clean FS!! Really a great skate with a lovely choreography, I enjoyed a lot how she used her arms, with a soft and refined style :points:

Kuan

Final Flight
Polina scored an incredible 136 for a 7-triples clean FS!! Really a great skate with a lovely choreography, I enjoyed a lot how she used her arms, with a soft and refined style :points:

Polina FS Loved it. :love: The princess music is not my taste but she performed wonderful! All jumps nice and with flow in the landings. She just turned into my fav american lady! :clap:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow!! Polina is looking really strong this year. :clap: :clap:

Olympic

On the Ice
Thank you. It looks like Leah wasn't able to follow-up her SP w/ a strong LP :disapp:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist

She really knows how to use her long limbs to her advantage. I thought her use of her arms, especially in the beginning, are a nice fit with the music and emphasize the "magic" in Peter Pan.

Did she re-use her SP costume here? It looks the same to me. I wonder who she'll end up channeling in her LP costume - Peter or Wendy? (Or Tinkerbell? :biggrin:)

samson

Medalist
I'm looking forward to seeing this program develop. SO impressive to land a clean seven triple program in August. You can tell she's ready and hungry to take this season. I have to admit, I find she has an abundance of qualities that are really charming and I feel like in time, she could really develop into a new Carolina i.e. limbs for days but using them to great advantage to cut a very unique and striking figure on the ice, but I must admit this program has the same issue for me Peet Gynt did.

It doesn't seem to go anywhere. At least not right now, thought to be fair it's still August. I wish there was more rise and fall in the music. It kind of has one mood, which is wonderfully set, but there's no build and it has kind of strange ending to me. I'm curious if anyone else feels that way or if I stand alone in that opinion. Still... a MONSTER score for August.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
She really knows how to use her long limbs to her advantage. I thought her use of her arms, especially in the beginning, are a nice fit with the music and emphasize the "magic" in Peter Pan.

Did she re-use her SP costume here? It looks the same to me. I wonder who she'll end up channeling in her LP costume - Peter or Wendy? (Or Tinkerbell? :biggrin:)

Agree on all points. I felt like last season she showed great potential with her limbs, but this season she has really gained more control over them and is really using them to great effect. I can't believe I'm saying this, but her lovely arms are starting to remind me a bit of Yuna's!

I think it is the same costume that she wore at the SP; I'm assuming there will be a new costume for the LP. I could be crazy, but I felt like she was portraying the role of Tinkerbell here!

Wow, I can't believe how much I love this program! She may be US lady #1 in very short time.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'm looking forward to seeing this program develop. SO impressive to land a clean seven triple program in August. You can tell she's ready and hungry to take this season. I have to admit, I find she has an abundance of qualities that are really charming and I feel like in time, she could really develop into a new Carolina i.e. limbs for days but using them to great advantage to cut a very unique and striking figure on the ice, but I must admit this program has the same issue for me Peet Gynt did.

It doesn't seem to go anywhere. At least not right now, thought to be fair it's still August. I wish there was more rise and fall in the music. It kind of has one mood, which is wonderfully set, but there's no build and it has kind of strange ending to me. I'm curious if anyone else feels that way or if I stand alone in that opinion. Still... a MONSTER score for August.

Samson, I felt the same way you did. I loved the tone it set in the beginning and there are wonderful moments throughout, but I feel like I kept waiting for it to get going.

I'm very interested to see what happens for her on the GP.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker

WOOOOOOWWWW go girl.

blue_ice

On the Ice
Polina's LP is amazing. What's happening to Gracie's jumps? They worsened after the Nationals :(