Glacier Falls Summer Classic 2014 July 30 to August 3 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Glacier Falls Summer Classic 2014 July 30 to August 3

Country
Russia
Polina FS Loved it. :love: The princess music is not my taste but she performed wonderful! All jumps nice and with flow in the landings. She just turned into my fav american lady! :clap:
Yes, very talented girl.

As for me, her skating looks as Anna Shershak (who was at JGP-2011 and 2012), with much better jumps of course.

lavender

Record Breaker
Polina FS Loved it. :love: The princess music is not my taste but she performed wonderful! All jumps nice and with flow in the landings. She just turned into my fav american lady! :clap:

She's really good but not my favorite. I really dislike most princess type music.

lilshorty

On the Ice
Polina's SP was okay, but for me she really shined in the LP. A bit of telegraphing on a few jumps, but overall, I thought she was exquisite. :biggrin:

composer

On the Ice
I preferred the LP to the SP, but wish there was more variation in the music. The second half felt almost like a jumping clinic to me. She has really improved her use of her arms but I wish she would retire the arms flapping during the spiral move ( that she also used last year, unless maybe it adds difficulty or something?)

The twizzles in the LP ... :love:

gold12345

Medalist
I preferred the LP to the SP, but wish there was more variation in the music.

The twizzles in the LP ... :love:

I agree about the LP music (and the great twizzles). The music doesn't really build at all, which is fine in some cases, but I wish there was a bit more variation in Polina's music so that it's not just soft and light all the way through. I think both her SP and LP were really well done though. I think this year's SP is quite a bit better for her than last year's. Her arms look less awkward, and it just seems to suit her more.

Edmunds' FS was very strong considering the season hasn't even begun properly yet.

The attention to detail in that program is great. The lines are decent, her arm movements are quite fluid and they were pretty much constant throughout. There was a fair amount of turns as well. I loved how the first spin had a seamless and unexpected entry right from preceding transitions. The fast and controlled twizzles in the step sequence were awesome.

There were some empty spots in the program too, with some of the jumps being telegraphed (but then she still had more transitions overall than you are going to see from most ladies). Whilst the program began strong, I felt it slowly faded away and fizzled out at the end. The choreography seemed a little repetitive, it was all too one-note for me, lacking variation and contrast. Some more light and shade would have been good to see.

I didn't look at the slo-mo but watching in 'real time,' I thought that most of her triples were cheated. Apparently not over 1/4 as they didn't get '<' but I don't think they were fully rotated either. Cheats are something that she has been struggling with in the past and I am worried the issue is still there.

Still, overall she is looking really promising and I think she is moving in the right direction with her skating looking overall more polished.

Her SP left me very puzzled though. The music sounds really bizarre. Those are flamenco-styled classical pieces right? It's neither here nor there and the choreography suffers from a similar problem.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
If Jason jumps better, and keep the transitions and moves, his long program will be awesome. Great performance that looks a bit exhausting when nessecary jumps included. Not saying he can't do it. He seems fit enough :)

Nice to take some time watching summer competition programs. Seems to be a tradition for North America. Not so much in Europe/Asia, I think. Must be a great opportunity for the skaters.

Polina has improved a lot since I saw her at the Olympics :thumbsup:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If Jason jumps better, and keep the transitions and moves, his long program will be awesome. Great performance that looks a bit exhausting when nessecary jumps included. Not saying he can't do it. He seems fit enough :)

*chuckles* It's quite amusing to watch people in panic mode because Jason's programs aren't fully loaded. This was more or less where Riverdance was at at the same time last year, too.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Also this note, per Sylvia: Aug. 1 update: I’ve been informed by a GF club official that Senior Ladies’ and Men’s SP & FS videos are supposed to be available to current Icenetwork season pass subscribers for on demand viewing sometime next week. ...

Attn: those waiting for IceNetwork's VIDEO of Glacier Falls

- It is available now.

- I was able to view it WITHOUT a paid subscription.​

Senior Men's SP:

Senior Men's FS:

Senior Ladies' SP:

Senior Ladies' FS:

statmam

On the Ice
I can appreciate the difficulty of some of these step sequences even more after seeing them close up on the Ice Network video.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Very cross right now. Watching the men's long program, and everyone else's video is perfect quality/sound, but Jason's audio is about 20 seconds behind the video.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I just synced it to the a fancam on my phone and worked OK for me. but yeah it is odd how out of sync it was for Jason.

Wow, I really loved seeing it that close up! A lot of the nuances are better captured!

Bonnie F

On the Ice
I'm watching the ice network feed of the ladies short but they don't show any scores, not sure why?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Layfan

Record Breaker
Sometimes "princess-y" means "making it look easy." I think that is the case with Polina. She is far from perfect but she has that ability to make it look easy. She is doing some of the toughest moves around but it doesn't look hard for her. That is something that you really cannot teach and speaks to raw natural talent and technical ability- along with innate musicality. She doesn't exactly give me goose bumps. But I think I like her so much, even though she still is a bit rough around the edges, because she has that ability to make it look effortless that really has been lacking in the USA ladies of late.

o-aunt

Spectator
I love Mariah Bell's SP! Seemed like a tough situation after Polina, but she really shined!