John Kerr Has Gotten Married | Golden Skate

John Kerr Has Gotten Married

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just thought you would be interested to know that John Kerr got married yesterday to his girlfirend, Nadine Ahmed.

The wedding was held in John's native Scotland, and he wore traditional Scottish attire. Yes, kilt and all! Nadine wore a white dress.

Nadine and John

John is Scottish. Nadine is Pakistani. So, a lot of the posts on Facebook are being posted with the hashtag "Scottishtani"! :laugh:

Here is a lovely photo of Penny Coomes, Sinead Kerr, (Not sure), Nadine Ahmed, John Kerr and Nick Buckland

These particular photos that I have linked to were uploaded to Facebook by Penny Coomes. So, thank you Penny for sharing them!

I wish John and Nadine all the best for the future.

CaroLiza_fan

desertskates

Medalist
Thank you for sharing! What a lovely pair they make. Both are dressed absolutely beautifully :love: Many years of happiness to the couple :)

Awww!!!! I always loved the Kerrs!! And they all look fantastic and fantastically happy!! I hope they have a wonderful marriage. :yay:

deedee1

Record Breaker
What a beautiful bride she is, and how adorable they are together, aren't they? :love: This lovely news surely has lifted my heart today! Thanks a lot, as always, Caroliza_fan for sharing this wonderful news with us. :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The "not sure" looks to be John and Sinead's mother.

That was my first thought too. But, from other photos I've seen of them, there seems to be a bigger height difference between Sinead and Maeve. (There again, I suppose the size of heels being worn can have an effect...)

Then I started wondering was it maybe Penny or Nick's Mum. I don't know what either Penny or Nick's parents look like. But, there is a photo of her with just Penny and Nick, and I do think she looks a bit like Nick facially. But, that's just conjecture on my part.

So, I decided to play it safe, because you can bet if I said it was somebody, then it would turn out that it wasn't! ;)

Thank you to those of you that have thanked me for sharing this. I just thought that it was the sort of wonderful news that overseas fans would want to hear about, but probably wouldn't get the chance to hear anywhere else. :)

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
While I was writing my last comment, John uploaded some photos to Facebook, including one that is definitely of him and his Mum:

John and Maeve Kerr

As you can see, she is wearing blue.

So, that probably is Nick Buckland's Mum in the other photo.

CaroLiza_fan

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh I love happy news, especially Wedding news! Congrats to John and Nadine!
John's bride looks beautiful and no one can wear a kilt like John!

Thank you CaroLiza_fan for the links to the lovely photos!

TMC

Record Breaker
Ryan Bradley in a kilt :love: :love: :love:

I read somewhere he was the best man. In any case, gorgeous!!!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ryan Bradley in a kilt :love: :love: :love:

I read somewhere he was the best man. In any case, gorgeous!!!

Not sure whether Ryan Bradley was the best man (he might have been groomsman), but he was certainly part of the Groom's party.

Since you've brought him into the conversation, here is a beautiful photo with Ryan in it.

Alastair Kerr (John's Dad), Neil Crosbie, Ryan Bradley, Nadine Ahmed and John Kerr

I would have linked to this photo sooner, except that I didn't know who the guy in the middle was. I think he's a family friend.

What I find interesting is that all of them are wearing different Tartans.

I saw a photo of John and his Dad at a wedding here in Ireland a few years ago, and they were wearing the same kilts as they were on Saturday. So, I went investigating...

Alastair is wearing the Clan Kerr tartan.

There are a LOT of tartans using the combination of colours in John's kilt, but I think it is the Royal Stewart tartan.

The Stewart family ruled Scotland from 1371 until 1707. They also ruled England, Wales and Ireland from 1567 to 1707. As a result, their tartan has become a symbol of Scotland. So John may be wearing it as a reference to his nationality rather than his ancestry.

Neil is wearing the Clan Bruce tartan. The Bruce family ruled Scotland before the Stewarts, from 1306 to 1371. Their first King, Robert the Bruce, is considered a national hero.

Ryan is wearing the Great Scot tartan. I don't know anything about it's history, sorry. But, it doesn't seem to be associated with any particular family.

Although the Bradley family doesn't have it's own tartan, they are normally associated with the Roxburgh tartan. So, I am surprised Ryan didn't wear this to the wedding.

Hope you find this interesting.

CaroLiza_fan

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Thank you, Caroliza_fan for the gorgeous pic links and the (tartan) info., etc. :love: