Minimum TES for 2015 Euros/Four Continents/Worlds/Junior Worlds | Golden Skate

Minimum TES for 2015 Euros/Four Continents/Worlds/Junior Worlds

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Minimum TES for 2015 Euros/Four Continents/Worlds/Junior Worlds

11. ISU Figure Skating Championships – Minimum Total Technical Scores season 2014/15
Taking into account the expected number of entries into the Short Program/Short Dance at the ISU Figure Skating Championships for the season 2014/15 and the related time schedule, the reasonable maximum officiating time for the Officials, limits in the number of participants and related workload an Organizing Committee can be expected to handle physically and financially as well as implications with commercial partners, the Council concluded that the Minimum Total Technical Scores as per the 2014 Special Regulations, Rule 378, paragraph 3 must be adjusted for all ISU Figure Skating Championships in order to reduce the number of entries to the appropriate level.

ISU European and ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2015:
- MEN 25.00; 45.00 (SP; FS)
- LADIES 20.00; 36.00
- PAIR SKATING 20.00; 36.00
- ICE DANCE 19.00; 29.00 (SD; FD)​

ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2015:
- MEN 34.00; 64.00
- LADIES 27.00; 47.00
- PAIR SKATING 25.00; 43.00
- ICE DANCE 29.00; 39.00​

ETA, ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2015 (sorry, I thought I had included these earlier):
- MEN 20.00; 42.00
- LADIES 20.00; 35.00
- PAIR SKATING 20.00; 30.00
- ICE DANCE 18.00; 28.00​

The required minimum Total Technical Score for the Short Program/Short Dance and the Free Skating/Free Dance segment to participate in the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships can only be obtained in registered International Junior Competitions/Championships.

The Minimum Total Technical Score (not including Component Scores) is a Technical Score and must have been reached in an ISU recognized International Competition (as per Article 38, paragraph 7 of the ISU Constitution and Rule 107, paragraphs 1 to 9 of the ISU General Regulations) during the ongoing or immediately preceding season in both segments, Short Program/Short Dance and Free Skating/Free Dance (See ISU Special Regulations Single & Pair Skating Ice Dance 2014, Rule 378, paragraph 3).
While the Minimum Total Technical Score must be reached separately in each segment (not a total of the two segments), the Minimum Total Technical Score for each segment may be reached at different competitions.

The Council also decided that the Minimum Technical Score must be reached 21 (twenty-one) days before the first day (first official practice day) of the Championships concerned (same as entry deadline).

The Council agreed that if it became evident that the number of entries based on the Minimum Total Technical Scores listed above would be significantly higher or lower than expected, the ISU Council reserves the right to subsequently slightly re-adjust the Minimum Total Technical Scores in order to achieve the above-mentioned objective.

Source: ISU Communication No. 1876, "Decisions of the ISU Council:"

Thanks to GF2445 for flagging the new communication in the Challenger Series thread.​

BusyMom

Medalist
Slightly different across the board (very weird changed):

2013-2014
Euro/4CC (SP/FS)
Men 25/45
Ladies 20/36
Pairs 20/36
Dance 18/28

Worlds (SP/FS)
Men 34/63
Ladies 26/46
Pairs 24/41
Dance 28/38

SamuraiKike

Medalist
They really don't want Ice Dance to develop. This discipline has constantly progressed in the recent years and deserves as much spots at Worlds as Single Skaters. That one point was crucial last season.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sorry, I thought I had included the minimum TES for 2015 Junior Worlds in my OP. Have edited to add them above.

ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2015:
- MEN 20.00; 42.00
- LADIES 20.00; 35.00
- PAIR SKATING 20.00; 30.00
- ICE DANCE 18.00; 28.00​

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yes, really weird changes: it looks like they just added or took away one point here and one there for the first three categories, them they raised Ice Dance again :disapp: getting to Worlds will be more and more difficult...

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agree FSGMT. The dance scores are a puzzle.

Even more so since I think (but do not KNOW) that the recent changes in composition requirements should lower tech scores. Don't the dancers lose a lift?

I don't know why ISU wants to close the door on developing teams/countries, especially since so many of the top teams have split/retired/taken a season off.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If you check the new dance GOE and Base Value communication, they have adjusted the base values so that a program that earns all level4's has about the same base value as last year. The big change? Spins are suddenly a bigger percentage of the total, and lifts are less. Steps somewhat higher. Hard times for Coomes and Buckland.

BusyMom

Medalist
getting to Worlds will be more and more difficult...
:agree: but at the same time watching the first two groups of 4CC was tortured and depressing. :eek:hwell: ISU has two separate issues for both competitions. They should come up with one decent minimum TES for all competitions.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I may have been tortured and depressing to view, but I wonder how the skaters felt, representing their nation at an ISU event. What did they learn from the experience? What did their coaches learn? Did it help or hurt the popularity of the sport in nontraditional powers?

I still believe so strongly that the ISU has got to do more to encourage developing nations to expand the popularity of the sport on a global level.

Yuna did amazing things breaking down barriers in her country. I say this even if I am not a great fan of hers. It seems as though as though there are skaters in the pipeline to continue her success.

BusyMom

Medalist
I may have been tortured and depressing to view, but I wonder how the skaters felt, representing their nation at an ISU event. What did they learn from the experience? What did their coaches learn? Did it help or hurt the popularity of the sport in nontraditional powers?

I still believe so strongly that the ISU has got to do more to encourage developing nations to expand the popularity of the sport on a global level.

Yuna did amazing things breaking down barriers in her country. I say this even if I am not a great fan of hers. It seems as though as though there are skaters in the pipeline to continue her success.
I have no intention to attack the skaters but the system. I came from those poor small country and strongly believe that putting the kids in that situation is so wrong in so many levels.

ISU should promote more competitions (B-level) in the area to help skaters from small federations getting the most need support and also developing their skills. In 4CC we are just numbers of participants to help filled up the void of missing the big name skaters.