2014-15 Grand Prix assignments | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Grand Prix assignments

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
According to RusFed Stepanova/Bukin are assigned to SA, and Zhan Bush to SC

Yes, that is also reflected on the respective ISU entry lists:

http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pair-skating-and-ice-dance/series/isu-grand-prix-of-figure-skating

Zlobina/Sitnikov withdrew from Skate America and Rostelecom today. Here's the dance substitution list:

SB 23: Guignard/Fabbri (SA)
SB 31: Testa/Csolley
SB 38: Orford/Williams (SA)
SB 39: Kim/Minov (TEB)
SB 41: Shtork/Rand

Pairs is really interesting now. Vanessa Grenier has tweeted she and Maxime Deschamps have been invited to Skate America. That would be for the spot vacated by Volosozhar/Trankov. (Wasn't posted in this thread yet, but V/T withdrew from both their events.) Link to Vanessa's tweet: https://twitter.com/vaness_grenier/status/517821918033235968

Grenier/Deschamps just met the TES minimums for the Grand Prix at Nebelhorn. I'm betting Calalang/Sidhu get at least one of the other Pairs vacancies... Paliakova/Bochkov likely to pick up one too.

Any word on Tarah Kayne's recovery? I'm wondering if we could still see *another* pairs withdrawal...

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Super bummed about Zlobina/Sitnikov - this could have been their chance to medal at a GP and I do like them quite a lot. Any word on why?

cjmorton29

Rinkside
I'm really interested to see what pairs teams will be put in... looking at the World Rankings, the well is running dry. (They already have a couple teams who didn't qualify for the free skate at Worlds on the GP in 2 events!)

Would be great to see Grenier/Deschamps (CAN) get a chance. They were rather impressive at Nebelhorn, and they beat out several teams who already have two events! They, along with Calalang/ Sidhu (USA) are probably the teams not on the series who could be the most competitive... but they may not get in over weaker teams who've had more competitions to earn points. It'll be interesting.

cjmorton29

Rinkside
Also important to keep in mind that SB isn't the only factor... unless I'm mistaken World Ranking is also factored in- which has Orford/ Williams (Can) and Guignard/ Fabbri as the next in line.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yes, that is also reflected on the respective ISU entry lists:

http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pair-skating-and-ice-dance/series/isu-grand-prix-of-figure-skating

Zlobina/Sitnikov withdrew from Skate America and Rostelecom today. Here's the dance substitution list:

SB 31: Testa/Csolley

Pairs is really interesting now. Vanessa Grenier has tweeted she and Maxime Deschamps have been invited to Skate America. That would be for the spot vacated by Volosozhar/Trankov. (Wasn't posted in this thread yet, but V/T withdrew from both their events.) Link to Vanessa's tweet: https://twitter.com/vaness_grenier/status/517821918033235968

Grenier/Deschamps just met the TES minimums for the Grand Prix at Nebelhorn. I'm betting Calalang/Sidhu get at least one of the other Pairs vacancies... Paliakova/Bochkov likely to pick up one too. ...

The following Skate America additions now appear on the official ISU lists (as of Oct 3):

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
So there are 2 spots that need to be filled in at CoC for Pairs.
Did anyone notice that Antipova and Maisuradze's name was not crossed out for NHK? Is it a mistake?

http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net/media/173020/gp_pairs_updated-oct3.pdf

Well, on the previous update, A/M were indeed crossed out for NHK. One version or the other has to be a mistake.

My assumption would be that the current version is a mistake, given the state of Antipova's health. I'm sure it will be resolved soon if it is indeed a typo.

After Testa/Csolley were added to Skate America, the Dance substitution is not much changed:

SB 31: Testa/Csolley (SA)

Any of the top 5 are eligible for the open spot at RC.

The pairs substitution list is probably something like:

SB 39: Cherniavskaia/Souza-Kordyeru
SB 44: Wang/Zhang
SB 50: Paliakova/Bochkov
SB 54: Pak/Song
Grenier/Deschamps (SA)
**Calalang/Sidhu (either next in line, or possibly already on the list, depending on the status of C/S-K, W/Z, and P/S).

All except W/Z would be eligible for the open spots at CoC. Assuming A/M's NHK spot has truly been vacated, any of those would also be eligible for NHK.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Kim and Minov take Zlobina and Sitnikov's spot for Ice Dance.

Volosozhar's and Trankov's CoC and both of Antipova's and Maisauradze's CoC and NHK spots are still crossed out. Who can take those spots? They can't just have 6 couples at CoC!!!!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Pairs updated. cherniavskaia and souza-kordyeru assigned to NHK.

Two spots for CoC need to be filled. This is as a shame as a major part of China's skating program is it's pairs program.

flutzy13

On the Ice
USFS just tweeted that Calalang and Sidhu have accepted an invite to Cup of China. Good for them.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
USFS just tweeted that Calalang and Sidhu have accepted an invite to Cup of China. Good for them.

What great news! They looked like they have worked very hard this off season, and skated really well at Salt Lake. I am so glad they are getting a slot!