2014-15 Grand Prix assignments | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Grand Prix assignments

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Thrilled for Jessica and Zach,

I am both thrilled and sooo excited and happy because of their progress this season. Simply amazing. Keep it up, guys ;) They once won with Davankova/Enbert, why not again?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Josh seems to get injured as often as Kaetlyn Osmond. He needs to make a move and make a name for himself among the Younger US Men who are building a reputation internationally such as Jason.

cjmorton29

Rinkside
We'll have absolutely amazing season for skating pairs. Cherniavskaia and Souza-Kordyeru have two spots. Vartmann and van Cleave, too. Good for them, but it means that the level is... not as good as it could be. Gently saying.

Not to mention Takahashi/ Kihara, Bazarova/ Deputat, and Prolss/ Blommaert

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Josh seems to get injured as often as Kaetlyn Osmond. He needs to make a move and make a name for himself among the Younger US Men who are building a reputation internationally such as Jason.

I know :cry: I'm a fan of both Kaetlyn and Josh and all these injuries are so frustrating!

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Prolss/ Blommaert are at least promising young team and Vera did quite well last season with Yuri. Takahashi/Kihara are the whole different story... I like them but to be honest I don't believe they deserved two spots. I think also that Jessica Calalang and Zack Sidhu deserved their spots much more than the Japanese :(

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
I hope ISU get the free spot in NHK for Elene Gedevanishvili, she did it so well in Skate America, I hope this season could be her redemption!

Country
Russia
Substitute list of Ladies for today.
(place in SB list, best score, name, nation, number of assigned event if it is - 1 SA 2 SC etc.)
33 165.09 Riona KATO JPN 6
45 157.57 Kexin ZHANG CHN 3
47 155.87 Angela WANG USA 4
51 153.17 Mariah BELL USA
52 152.13 Miyabi OBA JPN 4
56 148.19 Barbie LONG USA
58 145.88 Natalia POPOVA UKR 1
62 143.22 Anna OVCHAROVA SUI 6
64 142.87 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 3
67 141.78 Madelyn DUNLEY CAN
69 141.25 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA
70 140.51 Julianne SEGUIN CAN 2
71 140.31 Juulia TURKKILA FIN
73 139.42 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA 5
75 137.03 Kerstin FRANK AUT

After last assignments,
55 149.44 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO 1 6
59 145.15 Eliska BREZINOVA CZE 4 5

Country
Russia
I understand why no assignments for US Ladies - there are 3 US Ladies at all Events except SC, and why no assignments to Kexin ZHANG (she wants to retire).

But why no second Event for Riona Kato?

NMURA

Medalist
But why no second Event for Riona Kato?

I suspect Kato was given a NHK spot only because the JSF wanted give JGP spots to Nagai. She is not favored or highly expected in the first place. Hongo was always favored over Kato due to political reasons (backing from Nagakubo and the Aichi skating federation). They don't want Kato to "prove" that she's better than Hongo.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
It's been pleasant seeing Ashley, Gracie, Elena, and Anna compete but next week is when the real goddesses start their GP season: Julia and Polina, then the following week the most decorated active skater Adelina. It will be exciting to see how the ladies who have competed thus far compete with the technically solid skaters to come.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
YMMV, but I really don't enjoy watching Polina Edmunds very much at all. So for me, at least, the goddess designation is on hold for her for now. I hope she will look a little less Bambi-on-Ice now that she is a year older. She competes very well though.

Last edited: