Disson Announces Shall We Dance On Ice | Golden Skate

Disson Announces Shall We Dance On Ice

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Per tweets from Disson, today could be the day that they make a full announcement re the fifth show.

(Yesterday Disson had tweeted that "tomorrow" they hoped to do so.)

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Could this be the ballroom/icedance show that Mathman requested, and Disson replied that they were ahead of him on that?

:party:

I hope so!

The full announcement now is readily available on the Disson website.
Not posting the commercial links here, per GS guidelines. I have copied and pasted an excerpt below.

And the answer is Yes, it is the show that MM requested. :)

ETA, air dates on ABC (as always, check your local listings):
Saturday, February 21, 2015
4:00 – 6:00 p.m. EST/
2:00 – 4:00 p.m. PST​
Saturday, March 7, 2015
4:00 – 6:00 p.m. EST/
2:00 – 4:00 p.m. PST​

Tickets for Shall We Dance on Ice go on sale Friday, July 11

The US Cellular Coliseum and Disson Skating are pleased to announce Shall We Dance on Ice coming to Bloomington, Ill., on Tuesday, December 16, 2014. This event will showcase a journey of dance through the ages with dancing and skating. Music and special effects will create the segments of time and genre of dance, which will be performed by dancers and transition into elegant productions on the ice.

The cast features the most decorated ice dancing team in U.S. figure skating history, 2014 Olympic Champions, two-time World Champions and six-time U.S. Champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White.

The star-studded ice dancing cast, in addition to Davis and White, is scheduled to include:
  • 2006 Olympic silver medalists, two-time World silver medalists, five-time U.S.champions and 2010 U.S. Olympic team members Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto
  • 2002 Olympic gold medalists, 1998 Olympic bronze medalists, 2000 World champions and six-time French champions Marina Anissina and Gwendal Peizerat
  • Two-time World silver medalists and four-time Canadian champions Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon
  • 2009 European Champion bronze medalists, seven-time British champions and 2010 British Olympic team members Sinead and John Kerr
  • Five-time U.S. champions Naomi Lang and Peter Tchernyshev
  • Two-time U.S. bronze medalists Kim Navarro and Brent Bommentre
  • New team skating for Israel, Isabella Tobias and Ilia Tkachenko

The cast is also scheduled to include the following professional dancers and TV stars:
  • Ukrainian-born Latin ballroom dance champion, renowned choreographer, successful business owner and instructor Maksim Chmerkovskiy
  • Australian ballroom dancer and choreographer Sharna Burgess, who has won multiple competitions and performed as a lead dancer in a major worldwide tour and on Broadway (in Burn The Floor)

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I am so happy that Lang/Tchernychev and Anissina/Peizerat, who are two of my favorite ice dancing teams will be in this show with my current favorites Davis/White. I was also hoping for Belbin/Agosto and the Kerrs to possibly be in the show, so I am thrilled about that, too!

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside
This will be a 2nd attempt at "Shall We Dance on Ice" by Disson.
It was attempted back in Nov 2010 in Hamilton Ontario Canada and was aired on TV.
Unfortunately there was an attendance issue as it was in the middle of the week and IIRC was 2 days before a local club competition was taking place so local skaters could not miss their own training to go.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:clap:

This was the best Disson show evah! I am so glad they are staying with the idea of having a dance show in their lineup!!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
:clap:

This was the best Disson show evah! I am so glad they are staying with the idea of having a dance show in their lineup!!

Mini-update:
Today's official announcement on the Disson website names additional cast members who were not mentioned in yesterday's news article.
- Paul/Islam :)
- Navarro/Bommentre
- Tobias/Tkachenko​

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very glad that "Shall We Dance?" will be back! Last season's show was terrific (with the exception of the inclusion of Bella Thorne @ the end. Her "singing" had no connection to the theme of the show. Thankfully, she was shown only in a very small part of the show). The dancing was delightful!