Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
...Nope. :cry:

But Kaitlin did upload a photo!!! :biggrin: http://instagram.com/p/rK3Vwtimky/?modal=true

I LOVE her dress!!!! They look awesome!!!! :love: It reminds me of Tessa's 2010 OD Spanish Flamenco dress, which I always loved too. :yay:

And there are these pics:
http://photography.ice-dance.com/2014-15/14LPIDC/Sr/SDB/14LPIDC-SrSDB-8994-HB-DB.jpg
http://photography.ice-dance.com/2014-15/14LPIDC/Sr/SDB/14LPIDC-SrSDB-9021-HB-DB.jpg

They look fantastic! And that's a nice deep edge you got there. :D

Apparently their free dance is to Abel Korzeniowski’s Romeo & Juliet score (the 2013 movie)
- I am actually quite excited about this!!! The music is really pretty; and I think it'll be a nice program for them. I wonder which pieces in particular they're skating to though.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
...Nope. :cry:

But Kaitlin did upload a photo!!! :biggrin: http://instagram.com/p/rK3Vwtimky/?modal=true

I LOVE her dress!!!! They look awesome!!!! :love: It reminds me of Tessa's 2010 OD Spanish Flamenco dress, which I always loved too. :yay:

And there are these pics:
http://photography.ice-dance.com/2014-15/14LPIDC/Sr/SDB/14LPIDC-SrSDB-8994-HB-DB.jpg
http://photography.ice-dance.com/2014-15/14LPIDC/Sr/SDB/14LPIDC-SrSDB-9021-HB-DB.jpg

I love her dress! Jean-Luc...I'm not sure. The costume itself is good but I'm just not a fan of the slicked-back hair and deep v-neck on ANY guy. This may be a long season for me.

These teases are really making me consider buying the streaming pass. After the competition is over, it's only $10 to access all the videos for 24 hours.

TMC

Record Breaker
They look fantastic! And that's a nice deep edge you got there. :D

Kaitlin's hair looks exactly like Tanith's in their 2006 Olympic FS - same highlights, same parting, same flowery headdress of the same colour :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
- Also is there any way we can get this thread moved back to the fanfest thread like it was intended? I'm not sure why/how it got switched to over here....but this was originially the "Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker" fanfest thread.

I think the intention was to have some fun positive threads in the main Edge forum, but the plan is to move it back when it is no longer on the top page of the Edge.

I think the intention was to have some fun positive threads in the main Edge forum, but the plan is to move it back when it is no longer on the top page of the Edge.

Okay! :) Sounds good.

- I really wish someone would post videos, I'm super excited to see their programs! (And a few other jr. and sr. teams at LP.) :eek::

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry for the confusion. The Fan Fest forum is a place where people generally go to discuss their favorite and more well-known skaters. That doesn't mean that said skater(s) have to be well-known to be in the Fan Fest, but we'd like to see the new and "up-and-comers" in the Edge. We plan to move the thread (and similar ones) to Fan Fest at a later date :)

jwren

Rinkside
Their free dance was lovely, i thought. a small bobble from Kaitlin and their straight lift was just a little off, but I thought they did very well for their first senior showing. Personally, I quite enjoyed the music and think it's a good choice for them. They haven't quite captured the characters yet, but it's only August, so I'm not too worried about that. I think they'll have a pretty great first year if they keep steadily improving :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well you want positive...I love them. Especially him. If we tend to divide the North American teams up into the Gene Kelly/Fred Astaire columns, these guys are definitely under the Fred Astaire banner. He's got that effortless, elegant ease of Astaire. Kelly, for all his abundant talents, didn't have it--you could always feel the work. Their Amerlie program had speed, but it was speed with ease. And she has improved exponentially since they started their partnership.

Two worries about them: lifts (yes, the cantilever lift is wonderful--I thought even better than Voir's--but they've already used it in two programs. Given the lack of major size differential between them, they may run into the same issues Voir had with lifts (most of Voir's lifts the last 3 years they were competing seemed to depend on Tessa's momentum from jumping into the lift). And can they do Latin dances with the same speed and ease as well? In other words, I have yet to see a great deal of range from them. But in terms of ballroom, I think they may be the purest American ballroom-style skaters the US has ever had.

I'm a little disappointed in their choice of FD music this year. R&J? Oh dear. They just did a softly romantic piece. Why go that route again, particularly when they are debuting on the senior level? First impressions count. But I haven't seen the program yet, so maybe I'm worrying for nothing.

Well, I went ahead and watched from the archives because I don't think we're going to be getting YT (free) videos from this event...at least not anytime soon. I really like both of their programs! There are definitely some areas to work on, but overall I think that they're really nice programs for them. I can't wait to see how they grow from and into these programs because I think that they will as the season progresses. :yes:

SD: I noticed their edges being nice as I was watching. Kaitlin's expression is really on-point! (They both did well expression-wise - from what I can tell bc it's not HQ.) I think that Jean-Luc will grow as the season progresses on this one. He shows Kaitlin so well, but this program pushes him to being more shown himself (sorry idk how to word what I'm wanting to exactly). And dorispulaski was right - definitely the best SD at LP.

FD: I really like this FD! The music choices were nice imo with highs and lows; and overall the cuts flowed well. I was excited but a little apprehensive at a R+J program, but it was good. They had some bobbles (as people have mentioned previously), but overall the choreo and style of the program is a nice fit for them. I think that by the end of the season, they will really own their characterizations and this program. And I think that it will be a good program coming into seniors - it keeps a little innocence but still has drama to it. There are parts of it that remind me of their Amelie.

WeakAnkles I have to say their lifts are pretty much the same from last year. They really do do those lifts well, but I agree - I'd like to see more range. This was a first showing and it's only August, so there are things that I think they'll probably end up tweaking. I'm wondering if they might change to a different lift at one point in their program than what they currently have, but I guess we'll see.

jwren

Rinkside
I thought their first lift in the SD looked like a placeholder; it didn't work with the music. I think we might be seeing some different lifts as the season progresses

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Please tell me they are not skating to Carmen for the SD. I think a paso doble is just the ticket to force JLB to the fore.