Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1351

Thread: 2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

  1. #261
    GS Supporter humbaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    887
    Country: Tibet

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    All the Carmens are just frustrating. There's so much wonderful Spanish music out there (I personally love Spanish music), and everyone is just going for the safe option, i.e. Carmen, instead of picking a really interesting and beautiful piece of Spanish music
    Yep. I totally agree.

  2. #262
    GS Supporter el henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6,143
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunchii View Post
    I swear enough people are skating Carmen to perform the entire opera at this point

  3. #263
    Match Penalty
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    13,134

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    All the Carmens are just frustrating. There's so much wonderful Spanish music out there (I personally love Spanish music), and everyone is just going for the safe option, i.e. Carmen, instead of picking a really interesting and beautiful piece of Spanish music
    The funny point is, Carment was written by a French composer. Seriously I wish someday they will skate to proper Spainish music, with Spanish vocal, somehting like this: http://youtu.be/nUFYBpF1mW8

  4. #264
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    74

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    The funny point is, Carment was written by a French composer. Seriously I wish someday they will skate to proper Spainish music, with Spanish vocal, somehting like this: http://youtu.be/nUFYBpF1mW8
    music is a universal langage ! Carmen was written by a French composer , and based on a novel written by a French writer, Prosper Merimée, also historian and archeologist.

  5. #265
    Tripping on the Podium ahy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    664
    Country: Hong Kong

    0 Not allowed!
    In weibo, Li Zijun said that her exhibition gala music is I dreamed a dream. (She said she used 1 day to choreograph this program.)
    Just wanna say, another Les Mis again...

  6. #266
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,541

    0 Not allowed!
    Takahito Mura's programs from his fan page, I don't think it was posted here
    SP: Violin Concerto by Mendelssohn, choreo by Kenji Miyamoto
    FS: Phantom of the Opera, choreo by Tom Dickson, apparently this one will have lyrics

  7. #267
    Medalist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,133
    Country: Czech Republic

    0 Not allowed!
    Michal Březina:
    SP: The Marriage of Figaro by Mozart
    FP: Game of Thrones Theme

  8. #268
    Bona Fide Member FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,857

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie-Anna View Post
    Michal Březina:
    SP: The Marriage of Figaro by Mozart
    FP: Game of Thrones Theme
    Beautiful!!

  9. #269
    On the Ice Antilopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    241

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Beautiful!!
    Beautiful, but too repetitive. 4+ min of LAla-lalaLAla-lalalaaa

  10. #270
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    213

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilopa View Post
    Beautiful, but too repetitive. 4+ min of LAla-lalaLAla-lalalaaa
    maybe he will not skate with just the theme.game of thrones has so many music.actually i'm listening them right now.

  11. #271
    Tripping on the Podium jimeonji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    502

    0 Not allowed!
    Kozuka's new SP is a tango. According to fan tweets from The Ice, this is the piece he's using: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPlBzzom2pw
    "A Evaristo Carriego," composed by Eduardo Rovira.

  12. #272
    Bona Fide Member silverfoxes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9,358

    0 Not allowed!
    Alexander Majorov's SP is "The Great Gig In The Sky" by Pink Floyd; LP is "Archangel" (from “Nero”) by Thomas J. Bergersen

  13. #273
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    333

    0 Not allowed!

  14. #274
    avatar credit: @miyan5605 ice coverage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13,679
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Sean Rabbitt USA

    SP “Danse Bacchanale” from Saint-Saens’ “ Samson and Delilah”, choreographed by Justin Dillon
    FS (same as last season) “Sing Sing Sing, Part 2” from “Fosse,” choreographed by Cindy Stuart

    http://figureskatersonline.com/news/...the-obstacles/ (Jun 22)

  15. #275
    Bona Fide Member FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,857

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    It looks like with a 4T planned at the beginning and a good 3A landed!
    The choreography is good and his skating is excellent, too, but this is exactly the kind of program I don 't like

  16. #276
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,768
    Country: Honduras

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    It looks like with a 4T planned at the beginning and a good 3A landed!
    The choreography is good and his skating is excellent, too, but this is exactly the kind of program I don 't like
    In the video it was a 3T? wasn´t it? I still have problem counting the rotation...

  17. #277
    Longing for a clean event.. satine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5,919

    0 Not allowed!
    Yes it was a triple. I watched it in slow-mo to count

  18. #278
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    219

    0 Not allowed!
    Greetings everyone! First time posting, though I suppose I have been lurking for quite sometime. I am quite impressed by the knowledge of the sport many of you have and am thankful that you are willing to share and educate others.

    ...so here we go, I too do not like this style of program. I am also disappointed with the costume which I feel makes his arms look rather twig-like. Perhaps that is what Adam is going for, but I can't imagine the motivation behind that especially when his costumes last season were much more flattering. I understand the season following the OG can be used to try new things, experiment with packaging, and maybe adopt new styles, but as of right now I am a little disappointed. It's July, maybe I'll warm up to it, not that it matters. Please don't think I believe that I am that self-important.

    Agree, disagree, support, dissect---make me feel like one of the gang. Lol,

  19. #279
    Uno, Dos, twizzle! Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    21,081

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterK View Post
    Greetings everyone! First time posting, though I suppose I have been lurking for quite sometime. I am quite impressed by the knowledge of the sport many of you have and am thankful that you are willing to share and educate others.

    ...so here we go, I too do not like this style of program. I am also disappointed with the costume which I feel makes his arms look rather twig-like. Perhaps that is what Adam is going for, but I can't imagine the motivation behind that especially when his costumes last season were much more flattering. I understand the season following the OG can be used to try new things, experiment with packaging, and maybe adopt new styles, but as of right now I am a little disappointed. It's July, maybe I'll warm up to it, not that it matters. Please don't think I believe that I am that self-important.

    Agree, disagree, support, dissect---make me feel like one of the gang. Lol,

    Welcome DexterK! Post often, post long!

    Regarding Adam's SP costume -- I bet that's not the costume for the program. It's probably being made as we speak and he just used whatever was was available for the exhibition.

    I think it will be interesting to see Jason and Adam faceoff since they're both doing jazzy SPs. Granted Adam's is more big band and Jason's is blues, but the two pieces they're using (Tuxedo Junction for Adam; Juke for Jason) came out around the same time (late-1950s; Tuxedo Junction originally came out in 1938 but he is using the Quincy Jones version, which came out in the 1950s.).

    Adam does seem to do better with lyrical pieces (see his FS from last season). But we don't know what his FS is for this season yet, so maybe he's going the classical route there.

  20. #280
    GS Supporter el henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6,143
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Welcome DexterK! Post often, post long!

    Regarding Adam's SP costume -- I bet that's not the costume for the program. It's probably being made as we speak and he just used whatever was was available for the exhibition.

    I think it will be interesting to see Jason and Adam faceoff since they're both doing jazzy SPs. Granted Adam's is more big band and Jason's is blues, but the two pieces they're using (Tuxedo Junction for Adam; Juke for Jason) came out around the same time (late-1950s; Tuxedo Junction originally came out in 1938 but he is using the Quincy Jones version, which came out in the 1950s.).

    Adam does seem to do better with lyrical pieces (see his FS from last season). But we don't know what his FS is for this season yet, so maybe he's going the classical route there.
    And, as I have posted elsewhere, Adam *and* Jason appear to be going the suspenders route. Two in one season?

Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •