2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
And we can't compare Yuzuru's win to Patrick's win, because even with what happened Yuzuru still did a job by a quite TES gap. The case with Patrick's controversial wins was because he was winning of PCS gap as I remember.
People should stop complaining over and over about Chan's wins. It happened. You can't change it, if you don't like it.

Patrick Chan was the more complete skater, But having stumbled in every one of his Olympic programs that week (4 times in the FS) did not feel like an undisputed Olympic champion, And seeing Hanyu generated major buzz with his shorts and aimed for about 8-9 points more in tech difficulty in his FS i don't see any arguing points, Even if Hanyu got a PCS boost at GPF.

Jannetty

Spectator
Maria Sotskova (RUS)
SP: Vivaldi's "Winter" (last year's)
LP: "Breakfast at Tiffany's" soundtrack + "Funny face" soundtrack

Sofia Evdokimova - Egor Bazin (RUS)
SD: Samba + Rhumba, choreo by Elena Maslennikova
FD: Goran Bregovic's music, choreo by Elena Maslennikova

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Maria Sotskova (RUS)
Interesting choice but... dangerous! Especially because it is radically different from everything she's done so far, and it is quite a good thing, it means that she's able to vary her style instead of sticking with one kind of program that works for her :agree: Last season's programs were both interesting and "different" so I think she could come up with something really interesting again :popcorn:
(As long as it doesn't turn into something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lntZ-wUT-lE I'm happy :slink: )

zamboni step

Final Flight
Maria Sotskova (RUS)

This should work for her as she seems to do well with very character driven programs, she certainly immerses herself in the character of what she skates to, even going so far as to use costumes as props (see her Vivaldi program). Should be very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f81Bkz-5jbM So youn park free skate run through, nice program :eek:

Everything from 3:15 onwards is great but everything before that is quite....meh: There's not a whole lot of choreography going on and when there is it's just pretty, it needs more substance. Basically the program doesn't have enough meat on it so to speak, although that is probably an early season problem. Good to see her break away from the Yu-Na mold she's expected to fill, Romeo and Juliet seems tailored to her rather than who a lot of people are trying to make her.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Souyoun's FS music cut is great! I feel that her skating is too soft and sweet for the tragic music though.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't like this music.
Hey Alba, I can't reply your message, the system said your inbox was full. My message can only be sent once you delete some old message for more space.
To all: sorry for being off topic.

On topic: I think the choreography of So Youn needs more time and refinement. Other than that I love her costume. The jumps don't seem to be the problem.

Alba

Record Breaker
Hey Alba, I can't reply your message, the system said your inbox was full. My message can only be sent once you delete some old message for more space.
To all: sorry for being off topic.

On topic: I think the choreography of So Youn needs more time and refinement. Other than that I love her costume. The jumps don't seem to be the problem.

Ok, Cancelled. :agree:

About Park FS, it's the music choice I don't like. It has a lethargic effect on me.

Meoima

Match Penalty
About Park FS, it's the music choice I don't like. It has a lethargic effect on me.
Now you know why I dislike David Wilson. :slink: recently he has too many miss.

But as long as So Youn can feel the music and make it her own, I see her score will raise. Love her dress so much. :love:

gold12345

Medalist
So Youn's program looks nice and I don't mind the music. I kind of feel like she'd skate about the same way to any piece of music though- soft and gentle even if the music demands for something else.

elee63

Final Flight
So Youn's program looks nice and I don't mind the music. I kind of feel like she'd skate about the same way to any piece of music though- soft and gentle even if the music demands for something else.

And even though at this point in her career (she's what, 16), you may be right, it's really just not fair to pass judgements like that that haven't had time to be proven.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
It is indeed a very David Wilson-esque program, the thing about his programs these past couple years is that they're very formulaic and it's all up to the skater to bring it to life somehow (unfortunately), her jumps look very good though, I love the running edge she has coming out of them

lelequaglia

Rinkside
Valentina Marchei (Ita) will keep last year's programs, But Her Short will have lyrics.
Marchei/Hotarek Short program's music: Malaguena, choreo: Massimo Scali