2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
According to article in International Figure Skating magazine, Brooklee Han's SP will be from the "A Single Man" and "W.E." soundtracks. She is keeping her long program to the "Secret" soundtrack.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
According to article in International Figure Skating magazine, Brooklee Han's SP will be from the "A Single Man" and "W.E." soundtracks. She is keeping her long program to the "Secret" soundtrack.

Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad she's keeping Secret, I love the music and Jay Chou is very much loved in China, I'm sure if she goes to Worlds in Shanghai the audience will like it a lot

Trewyn

Medalist
http://www.figureskating-online.com/proelss-blommaert.html
Annabelle Prölß & Ruben Blommaert GER
SP Oh mio babbino caro by Giacomo Puccini
LP The Artist soundtrack, choreo Lori Nichol
Sp is last year's, perhaps with vocals this year.

Ruben got his German citizenship recently!

Interesting! I didn't see them on the GP assignments? I hope they get one! I'm a little sad that a talented Belgian skater is now skating for Germany, but I hope this pair goes far.

lutzlover

On the Ice
Joshua Farris SP: Give Me Love- Ed Sheeran
His version includes the lyrics; I'm so excited because this is such a beautiful song to skate to.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Besides his country switch, Keegan Messing announced new programs:

SP Always Look on the Bright Side of Life from Monty Python.
FS Mask of Zorro (last year's program)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Joshua Farris SP: Give Me Love- Ed Sheeran
His version includes the lyrics; I'm so excited because this is such a beautiful song to skate to.

Really?

I'm actually super disappointed.

All off-season we've been hearing that his new SP is upbeat and happy. But this song is so gloomy and dark and depressing and horrible. :no:

TMC

Record Breaker

Excellent, I love both of these - especially Python :laugh:

Last edited:

lutzlover

On the Ice
Really?

I'm actually super disappointed.

All off-season we've been hearing that his new SP is upbeat and happy. But this song is so gloomy and dark and depressing and horrible. :no:

Well, despite that, I thought the choreography was really intricate and mature; I think the layout of the program is really interesting too. Last element is a 3A!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, despite that, I thought the choreography was really intricate and mature; I think the layout of the program is really interesting too. Last element is a 3A!

You have much knowledge:bow:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Hm, you must've been in Vail! How'd he do?

lutzlover

On the Ice
Hm, you must've been in Vail! How'd he do?

Unfortunately, I wasn't in vail to watch him, but I've been training at the World Arena for the past week, so that's how I've seen his programs. Him, max, and Mirai are always on the International session...Mirai was also trying triple axels last night during power class. Good height, but they're usually between half and quarter cheated.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

He can wear Trankov's costume for his SP. Or perhaps I should say he can resurrect the infamous Yellow Pants [nudge, nudge, wink, wink]...

;0

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Now, THAT I could definitely go for! :eek:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ross Miner USA

SP non-vocal "The Way We Were" -- same as last season (Lori Nichol choreography)
FS Andrea Bocelli's "Romanza" (i.e., with vocals)

Lori Nichol choreographed Ross Miner's new long program to Andrea Bocelli's "Romanza."
"As soon as I heard it, I was like, 'Wow, that's really beautiful,'" Miner said. "I love Andrea Bocelli. His voice is a very expressive instrument; it's very easy to understand the emotion behind it. People don't need to understand the literal lyrics to feel the program. It's hard for me not to be moved while I'm skating to it. It's beautiful music, and you have to feel it and let it out."
Miner said Nichol had suggested several other options for him, including Bruce Springsteen. He is keeping his non-vocal short program to "The Way We Were," although he did ask Mitchell, casually, whether they might want to re-cut the music to include a vocal track. Even if they had, it wouldn't have been the Barbra Streisand version.
"I don't think you'll see many people skating to lyrics by the opposite gender," Miner said.
Miner will skate both programs at the Philadelphia Summer Championships this week.

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/07/16/84921200

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Aldridge and Eaton's programs, according to the new goldenskate article (http://www.goldenskate.com/2014/07/aldridge-eaton-make-switch-zueva/):

Their short dance, which took some serious thinking, will be to Carmen, while the free dance will be to music from The Godfather.

Zoueva and Scali are choreographing the programs.

The 2014-2015 Ice Dance season: Now with even more Carmens!

(Apologies if people already knew this. I hadn't heard it yet and I didn't see their programs listed in the first post of this thread, so I thought it may be new information).

96skiluvr

On the Ice
All the Carmens are just frustrating. There's so much wonderful Spanish music out there (I personally love Spanish music), and everyone is just going for the safe option, i.e. Carmen, instead of picking a really interesting and beautiful piece of Spanish music