2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I read that Hanyu's choreographers don't include David wilson next season.

Yippee!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is this where we sit and wait? Because of four favourites I am 0/2 on two of them and 1/2 on the other two and it's driving me bonkers.

Yippee!

The real yippee should be if Hanyu's costumers don't include Weir.

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
Kanako Murakami Sp= Nectar Flamenco por Eduardo Niebla + Frente A Frente de Lucía Méndez

japanese ladies rocks the flamenco!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Do we really need girls to do Flamencos after all the Latin and passionate SDs we'll have to watch? :laugh::slink:

Krunchii

Record Breaker

Yippee!
His short program will be by Jeff Buttle and his free skate will be by Shae-Lynn Bourne apparently

also Javier Fernandez skated to Black Betty at Fantasy On Ice this week so it's probably his new competitive program
You can watch it here

DianaSelene

Medalist
According to sports.ru, Astakhova/Rogonov's new free skate is to Igor Korneliuk's movie soundtrack "Master and Margarita." Adian Pitkeev used this music for his short program last season.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
His short program will be by Jeff Buttle and his free skate will be by Shae-Lynn Bourne apparently

also Javier Fernandez skated to Black Betty at Fantasy On Ice this week so it's probably his new competitive program
You can watch it here

Thanks for the link! :) I like this music for Javier...
If you have a look at the other videos there, you can find Haruka Imai skating to (a sung version of) Malaguena at the same exhibition event. Might be her new SP as well?

flutzy13

On the Ice
No music or anything announced, but Ashley Wagner tweeted she's now in Toronto with ShaeLynn.

I wonder if she's planning to use Shae Lynn for both programs or just one. Although I miss her Phillip Mills collaborations, I'm glad to hear she's getting to work after some deserved vacation. And really, I'm just so happy she's staying in- she makes the sport more fun to watch.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Oh for sure. But still his most epic best program remains Tron - and I think we can safely say that was pretty unusual ;)

I am very excited for the new season! I can't wait to see what Max brings to the table this year! :yay:

Also: NO LORI NICHOL, I AM SO HAPPY :yay:

Update to last week's confirmation that Max Aaron's visit to B.C. included work on choreo with Mark Pillay:
Pillay has choreographed Max's SP -- per Coach Tom Z's blog entry today on "Technique and Artistry."
What Tom Z wrote leads to at least two new questions re Max:
(1) Who is the choreographer for Max's FS? Pillay as well? Camerlengo? Nichol (still could be her, no?)? Or ...??
(2) Has Max chosen any music with vocals??​

The first paragraph from TZ starts with these thoughts:
The summer months are the time for elite skaters to create their new programs (and the young rising stars to show their new material at select competitions). Max Aaron just finished working with Canadian choreographer Mark Pillay on his new short program that will certainly push the artistic envelope. This season singles skaters will also be allowed to use vocal music in the IJS system. Could this change be a chance for all skaters to really be able to show their true personalities and a different side of their artistry? I hope so. I am excited about this possibility ...

And further down, TZ says:
... I have encouraged all of my students to first develop their technique and skill level as the platform which will allow them the opportunity to then experience a broad range of choreographers including Lori Nichol, David Wilson, Tom Dickson, Catarina Lindgren, Nikolai Morosov, Pasquale Camerlengo, Mark Pillay, Nathan Birch, Jill Shipstad and new up and comers like Kate McSwain, Drew Meekins and even Rachael and Jeremy. ...

jcmerman

Rinkside
OMG! OMG! OMG! was that triple lutz-triple loop combo? She looks amazing! so happy for here and so glad you posted this! I have been a big fan of hers for quite some time and I am glad she is so fearless and fierce! these American girls better watch out for her! Go Ashley Go!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Update to last week's confirmation that Max Aaron's visit to B.C. included work on choreo with Mark Pillay:
Pillay has choreographed Max's SP -- per Coach Tom Z's blog entry today on "Technique and Artistry."
What Tom Z wrote leads to at least two new questions re Max:
(1) Who is the choreographer for Max's FS? Pillay as well? Camerlengo? Nichol (still could be her, no?)? Or ...??
(2) Has Max chosen any music with vocals??​

The first paragraph from TZ starts with these thoughts:
The summer months are the time for elite skaters to create their new programs (and the young rising stars to show their new material at select competitions). Max Aaron just finished working with Canadian choreographer Mark Pillay on his new short program that will certainly push the artistic envelope. This season singles skaters will also be allowed to use vocal music in the IJS system. Could this change be a chance for all skaters to really be able to show their true personalities and a different side of their artistry? I hope so. I am excited about this possibility ...

And further down, TZ says:
... I have encouraged all of my students to first develop their technique and skill level as the platform which will allow them the opportunity to then experience a broad range of choreographers including Lori Nichol, David Wilson, Tom Dickson, Catarina Lindgren, Nikolai Morosov, Pasquale Camerlengo, Mark Pillay, Nathan Birch, Jill Shipstad and new up and comers like Kate McSwain, Drew Meekins and even Rachael and Jeremy. ...

Yes, when I read that part of the article it made me wonder if Max is taking the lyric route. I kinda hope it's Camerlengo for the LP if he's not getting both programs from Pillay. Not Nichol again...

Actually, that's a really good article (I know, I know, I just said something positive about Evil Z). I like these:

The most important thing is to be yourself, be unique and be the best you can be.

To all the skaters: as you continue to develop your technique and find your artistic voice it is okay to look up to your skating idols but remember to become your own skater with your own unique style.

To all the coaches: as you work with and develop your skaters always continue to find ways to have them appreciate learning good technique as the means to express their artistic voice.

To all the fans and pundits: as you watch skaters from all over the world develop right in front of your eyes be slow to criticize this young talent rising in the skating ranks within the social media. Try to take a step back and “appreciate” the place in the developmental process where each one of these skaters is and allow them the time and give them the encouragement they need so that they can grow into becoming the best they can be.

This is the job of every good parent and every good coach. And every good fan;)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Wow! :clap: She's got some sass, and that's some gutsy jumping. The 3L would have been called UR (which is still worth twice that of a 2L), but a great attempt. She's got some nice speed and edges, but the program could use more transitions. The edges she exhibits in her footwork need to be apparent in her basic skating around. Although I love the counter to 2A a la Hanyu. ;)