2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

humbaba

Final Flight
All the Carmens are just frustrating. There's so much wonderful Spanish music out there (I personally love Spanish music), and everyone is just going for the safe option, i.e. Carmen, instead of picking a really interesting and beautiful piece of Spanish music

Yep. I totally agree.

Meoima

Match Penalty
All the Carmens are just frustrating. There's so much wonderful Spanish music out there (I personally love Spanish music), and everyone is just going for the safe option, i.e. Carmen, instead of picking a really interesting and beautiful piece of Spanish music
The funny point is, Carment was written by a French composer. Seriously I wish someday they will skate to proper Spainish music, with Spanish vocal, somehting like this: http://youtu.be/nUFYBpF1mW8

Petitefleur

Spectator
The funny point is, Carment was written by a French composer. Seriously I wish someday they will skate to proper Spainish music, with Spanish vocal, somehting like this: http://youtu.be/nUFYBpF1mW8
music is a universal langage ! Carmen was written by a French composer , and based on a novel written by a French writer, Prosper Merimée, also historian and archeologist.

ahy

Final Flight
In weibo, Li Zijun said that her exhibition gala music is I dreamed a dream. (She said she used 1 day to choreograph this program.)
Just wanna say, another Les Mis again...

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Takahito Mura's programs from his fan page, I don't think it was posted here
SP: Violin Concerto by Mendelssohn, choreo by Kenji Miyamoto
FS: Phantom of the Opera, choreo by Tom Dickson, apparently this one will have lyrics

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Alexander Majorov's SP is "The Great Gig In The Sky" by Pink Floyd; LP is "Archangel" (from “Nero”) by Thomas J. Bergersen

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
It looks like :think: with a 4T planned at the beginning and a good 3A landed!
The choreography is good and his skating is excellent, too, but this is exactly the kind of program I don 't like :slink:

In the video it was a 3T? wasn´t it? I still have problem counting the rotation...

DexterK

On the Ice
Greetings everyone! First time posting, though I suppose I have been lurking for quite sometime. I am quite impressed by the knowledge of the sport many of you have and am thankful that you are willing to share and educate others.

...so here we go, I too do not like this style of program. I am also disappointed with the costume which I feel makes his arms look rather twig-like. Perhaps that is what Adam is going for, but I can't imagine the motivation behind that especially when his costumes last season were much more flattering. I understand the season following the OG can be used to try new things, experiment with packaging, and maybe adopt new styles, but as of right now I am a little disappointed. It's July, maybe I'll warm up to it, not that it matters. Please don't think I believe that I am that self-important. :)

Agree, disagree, support, dissect---make me feel like one of the gang. Lol, ;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Greetings everyone! First time posting, though I suppose I have been lurking for quite sometime. I am quite impressed by the knowledge of the sport many of you have and am thankful that you are willing to share and educate others.

...so here we go, I too do not like this style of program. I am also disappointed with the costume which I feel makes his arms look rather twig-like. Perhaps that is what Adam is going for, but I can't imagine the motivation behind that especially when his costumes last season were much more flattering. I understand the season following the OG can be used to try new things, experiment with packaging, and maybe adopt new styles, but as of right now I am a little disappointed. It's July, maybe I'll warm up to it, not that it matters. Please don't think I believe that I am that self-important. :)

Agree, disagree, support, dissect---make me feel like one of the gang. Lol, ;)

Welcome DexterK! Post often, post long!

Regarding Adam's SP costume -- I bet that's not the costume for the program. It's probably being made as we speak and he just used whatever was was available for the exhibition.

I think it will be interesting to see Jason and Adam faceoff since they're both doing jazzy SPs. Granted Adam's is more big band and Jason's is blues, but the two pieces they're using (Tuxedo Junction for Adam; Juke for Jason) came out around the same time (late-1950s; Tuxedo Junction originally came out in 1938 but he is using the Quincy Jones version, which came out in the 1950s.).

Adam does seem to do better with lyrical pieces (see his FS from last season). But we don't know what his FS is for this season yet, so maybe he's going the classical route there.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Welcome DexterK! Post often, post long!

Regarding Adam's SP costume -- I bet that's not the costume for the program. It's probably being made as we speak and he just used whatever was was available for the exhibition.

I think it will be interesting to see Jason and Adam faceoff since they're both doing jazzy SPs. Granted Adam's is more big band and Jason's is blues, but the two pieces they're using (Tuxedo Junction for Adam; Juke for Jason) came out around the same time (late-1950s; Tuxedo Junction originally came out in 1938 but he is using the Quincy Jones version, which came out in the 1950s.).

Adam does seem to do better with lyrical pieces (see his FS from last season). But we don't know what his FS is for this season yet, so maybe he's going the classical route there.

And, as I have posted elsewhere, Adam *and* Jason appear to be going the suspenders route. Two in one season? :bang: