2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

begin

Medalist
This is exciting, thank you everyone for their updates!

I just hope is not mambo or latin. I´m over it. :slink: Actually I´m thinking they may try to "age" him a little, improving his performance.

I'd rather Yuzu do something age-appropriate. Conviction made Parisienne Walkways work but I don't think I'll overlook physicalities for another season lol.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Now confirmed :):
Max Aaron is working on choreography with Mark Pillay in British Columbia.​

A new message today on the home page of http://skatecoquitlam.com/:
"Welcome to our Guests!
You might notice some new skaters around the rink over the next few weeks. We have Max Aaron 2013 U.S. National Champion skating at our rink, working on choreography with Mark Pillay, as well as 14 skaters from Korea taking lessons from a number of our club coaches. This is Max's first time to the Coquitlam Skating Club. The Korean skaters love Canada and the Coquitlam Skating Club and have been training at our club for over 8 years. It is interesting to see the different training methods and we are sure that our skaters will find it motivating to train with them. Lets make them feel welcome at the Coquitlam Skating Club!"​

Group photo of Max on the ice with the B.C. gang. I think Pillay is to Max's right.

Bkgd:
Pillay has been the choreographer for Dornbush, Firus, and Sandhu, among others.
Also for Moore-Towers/Moscovitch. Moore-Towers' recent tweets hint that her new partner and she also will be working with Pillay.​

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
One of the first things I found when did a bit of googling about Pillay was that he has a reputation for using unusual music. Max + unusual music = perfect combination! :yes:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
One of the first things I found when did a bit of googling about Pillay was that he has a reputation for using unusual music. Max + unusual music = perfect combination! :yes:

I too was struck by what I read about Pillay and unusual music -- but do not have my heart absolutely set on it for Max. West Side Story suited him very well, after all.

And Pillay does not completely shun classic stuff. Examples from the past season: Dornbush skated to the Beatles, and Pillay programs for other skaters included James Bond; Les Mis; and Rhapsody in Blue.

Just hope that the new collaboration btwn Max and Pillay brings out the best yet from both, no matter what music they choose. :yay:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I too was struck by what I read about Pillay and unusual music -- but do not have my heart absolutely set on it for Max. West Side Story suited him very well, after all.

Oh for sure. But still his most epic best program remains Tron - and I think we can safely say that was pretty unusual ;)

I am very excited for the new season! I can't wait to see what Max brings to the table this year! :yay:

Also: NO LORI NICHOL, I AM SO HAPPY :yay: