2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MpoBf2BWng

Zijun Li's exhibition for Artistry, music: I Dreamed A Dream (sounds like Anne Hathaway singing….:disapp:)

The video quality isn't the best, but it looks like she's got deeper, more fluid edges and a more convincing performance quality. Dunno if this is from working with Lori and the Canadians over the summer or if its physical maturation + more muscles. Probably both.

I know the song is overplayed but I love this program! Her best exhibition by far and one of the better Les Mis programs we've seen of late.
She looks much more mature on that video. Very good jumps, better speed, great artistry...Beautiful performance :)

Tigno

Spectator
Anna Cappellini/ Luca LaNotte

SD: Capriccio Spagnolo by Rimsky Korsakov
FD: Danse Macabre by Saint Saens

Choreo by Zueva

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Anna Cappellini/ Luca LaNotte

SD: Capriccio Spagnolo by Rimsky Korsakov
FD: Danse Macabre by Saint Saens

Chiedo by Zueva
Well, I'm REALLY excited!! I think Danse could work very well for them: dark, energetic, passionate, completely different from Barber of Seville :popcorn:

Alba

Record Breaker
:love::yay:

That's wonderful. I can't wait, either. I will make a guess that the oriental music is their sp and Notre Dame is lp just because people who skated to Notre Dame in the past usually used it for the long program (and also Klimov had an interview a few weeks ago where he said that the short is dynamic and fast while the long program is bright and based on characters.)

I knew nothing about that interview. I guess you're right. :yes:
My friend from FB group, who is following the trainings don't know which music is the one with drums. It's an increasing and persistent sound with drums. Can't figure out whether is orient or africa but it's beautiful, she said.

Chiedo by Zueva

What do you mean chiedo?

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Why I'm not surprise. :rolleye: I mentioned to some of my Chinese friend during the OG that I believe she will do Waltz of the Flowers next. :laugh: But I love Moon River though.
what makes you think Zijun will skate to Waltz of the Flowers, I am just curious. :)

EDIT: Zijun choreographed I dreamed a dream herself.
EDIT: different style and push boundaries does not mean ugly/awkward skating and uncoordinated movement. Classic music also does not guarantee elegant dance ability and refined/good skating. Using same old music also does not mean you can NOT create something new and make the program all to yourself, Wanna see different style watch Jason Brown, watch Elladj Baldé, watch how they incorporate new dance move into skating, and how they perform them really well (really good dancing but in different style). Also, watch Yuna's Kiss of Vampire. how she pushes boundaries, from purpose/concept/performance perspective. So Youn and Zijun already have their different styles and definitely different from Yuna in many subtle ways. And those subtle difference is what really differentiate a skater from another or a dancer from another.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
what makes you think Zijun will skate to Waltz of the Flowers, I am just curious. :)

EDIT: Zijun choreographed I dreamed a dream herself.

Was just about to add that she did the choreo herself and then I saw your post haha, I look forward to what she will bring, my expectations are not too high but I hope she will be clean and skate satisfactory programs, she also co-choreographed with Han Yan the You Are My Destiny Ex they performed together at Art On Ice this week, maybe she'll be a choreographer after she finishes being a competitive skater =)

BusyMom

Medalist
It's a Ballet thing actually. My teacher grouped the same music genre for different levels. Waltz of the Flowers, Sleeping Beauty/Ophelia are in the same group. Also Waltz Suit from Swan Lake but I don't think it wouldn't be Zijuns style so I brushed away that thought. And I guess I'm getting better in guessing Lori Nichols' choices of music. :laugh:

Mao did a pretty good program of The Nutcracker a long time ago. Waltz of the Flowers was part of that program. I just hope Zijun choose something different.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
It's a Ballet thing actually. My teacher grouped the same music genre for different levels. Waltz of the Flowers, Sleeping Beauty/Ophelia are in the same group. Also Waltz Suit from Swan Lake but I don't think it wouldn't be Zijuns style so I brushed away that thought. And I guess I'm getting better in guessing Lori Nichols' choices of music. :laugh:

Mao did a pretty good program of The Nutcracker a long time ago. Waltz of the Flowers was part of that program. I just hope Zijun choose something different.

wow it is good to know music are grouped together for different skating levels. So what music or style you wish Zijun to choose?

thoakun

Final Flight

It's interesting to know that music are grouped together for different levels, but on the other hand it also means that Lori is so predictable :laugh:.
I instantly thought of Alissa's Moon River when I read Zijun's announcement of music choices :disapp:

BusyMom

Medalist
wow it is good to know music are grouped together for different skating levels. So what music or style you wish Zijun to choose?
No not skating level. I refer to my ballet class. I love her Sleeping Beauty but I want to see something different. More modern maybe. She seems to be very stylish teen from what I saw from her social media. Soundtrack or jazz is might be nice.

starlight97

Final Flight
So interesting reading through all of this :) !!
Maybe I overlooked it but are there some news on Elena Ilinikh's und Ruslan Zhingashin(?)'s programm choices yet?

As for 'je suis malade' for Adelina... I like how she always dares to do new things, that others don't do, but I really hope she turns down the 'dramaticness' (not an English word right:eek:: ?) if she really is going to use it as a competitive programm! IMO the rolling around on the ice in the end is very much over the top and I really don't want her to appear desperate or cheesy as for putting on a show because I can already hear the critics ( ' ridiculous... trying to distract people from poor technical skills by overacting...) and I really don't want this for her :/

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I LOVE Moon River! I think it suits Zijun very we'll. I didn't think the music piece was over 4 minutes though. I assume she's using lyrics?

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
So interesting reading through all of this :) !!
Maybe I overlooked it but are there some news on Elena Ilinikh's und Ruslan Zhingashin(?)'s programm choices yet?

As for 'je suis malade' for Adelina... I like how she always dares to do new things, that others don't do, but I really hope she turns down the 'dramaticness' (not an English word right:eek:: ?) if she really is going to use it as a competitive programm! IMO the rolling around on the ice in the end is very much over the top and I really don't want her to appear desperate or cheesy as for putting on a show because I can already hear the critics ( ' ridiculous... trying to distract people from poor technical skills by overacting...) and I really don't want this for her :/

Ilinykh/Zhiganshin are using Carmen for their short, choreographed by Antonio Najarro, and haven't announced what they're using for their FD, but it's choreographed by Ilia Averbukh :)

DianaSelene

Medalist
James/Cipres are keeping their Angels and Demons long program that they skated last year. That was said by Stanislav Morozov who is their new coach.

DianaSelene

Medalist
Last edited:

starlight97

Final Flight
Ilinykh/Zhiganshin are using Carmen for their short, choreographed by Antonio Najarro, and haven't announced what they're using for their FD, but it's choreographed by Ilia Averbukh :)

Thank you @fleeting :) !
Sounds great Elena is so expressive and powerfull I can't wait to see her skate to Carmen, what a great fit !