2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Icey

Record Breaker

creaturelover

On the Ice
Ice Network says
Gracie Gold
SP - "Piano Concerto" by Edvard Grieg (same as last season)
FS - music from "Phantom of the Opera" by Andrew Lloyd Webber

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Ice Network says

How I wish Icenetwork was mistaken this time. So much talent, but such overused music, no doubt in superserious stage drama packaging again. Why. :cry: Maybe if she at least chose something less known, like Learn to Be Lonely or something...

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Puh-leeze. Why, in the name of all that's holy, did Frank let Gracie go for Phantom? :disapp: :scratch:

Kind of makes me want to type a bunch of stuff that could get me banned...

ice coverage

Record Breaker

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Christina Gao USA

2014-15 SEASON NOTES

SP Music: "River" by Emeli Sande
FS Music: Music from the Angels and Demons soundtrack by Hans Zimmer and Joshua Bell

Costumes designed by Yumi Barnett-Nakamura

http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/profile/christina_gao

Great choices, I am excited for Christina. I admire those who keep trying even many had already counted them out to follow the latest fashion.
Even they might not succeed, the self believe, the endurance, the journey, the work can all be part of the valuable life lessons one should experience especially when they are still young enough and got the goods.

Best wishes to the old girls, Mirai (Yes i havn't given up on you), Christina and Ashley (Who i agreed were really under marked post US National), is Alissa coming back? Although I suspect this season is all going to be about Gracie vs the Russians.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Excited for that program, I love the Angels and Demons soundtrack

I have edited my post above to add that Angels and Demons was Gao's FS last season as well.

Great choices, I am excited for Christina. I admire those who keep trying even many had already counted them out to follow the latest fashion.
Even they might not succeed, the self believe, the endurance, the journey, the work can all be part of the valuable life lessons one should experience especially when they are still young and got the goods.

Best wishes to the old girls, Mirai (Yes i havn't given up on you), Christina and Ashley (Who i agreed were really under marked post US National), is Alissa coming back? ....

Czisny has said that she no longer will be competing.

Love the positivity of your post, os168. :)

Amei

Record Breaker
Puh-leeze. Why, in the name of all that's holy, did Frank let Gracie go for Phantom? :disapp: :scratch:

I'm tired of Gracie's routine already - and I haven't even seen it....

Can the ISU take some of the over-used music like swan lake, Romeo & Juliet, Nutcracker and Phantom and put like a 3 year ban on it or make it an automatic 5 point deduction for use of the over-used music? I mean it shows a lack of creativity.

Amei

Record Breaker
Ice Network says
Gracie Gold
SP - "Piano Concerto" by Edvard Grieg (same as last season)

I feel like Gracie and her team are missing an opportunity in the FS, she is reusing her SP, so she already knows the routine. Why couldn't they go for something more challenging or innovative for the FS.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Angela Wang USA

2014-15 SEASON NOTES

SP Music: "Paint it Black" by Angèle Dubeau & La Pietà
FS Music: "Papa Can You Hear Me" by Iszak Pearlman and "The Way He Makes Me Feel" by Moscow Virtuosi

Costumes designed by Rachael Flatt.

http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/profile/angela_wang

Flatt also is Wang's SP choreographer.

Polina Edmunds
SP: Flamenco Medley from the Flamenco Fantasy soundtrack by Johann Sebastian Bach
FS: Fairy Dance from the Peter Pan soundtrack by James Newton Howard

Rudy Galindo is the choreographer for Edmunds. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
More re Madeline Edwards and Zhao Kai Pang from their updated ISU bio:

Music Short Program / Short Dance as of season 2014/2015
Ch Samba by Toni Braxton, Edmundo Ros
Rhumba: Eres todo en me by Ana Gabriel
Ch Samba by Toni Braxton, Edmundo Ros​

Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2014/2015
Beatiful that Wing by Nicoloa Piovani
Il Tema Della Tata by Nicola Piovani
Act 3: Finale (from "Hobson's Choice") by Paul Reade​

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013693.htm

via @twofortheice

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
I feel like Gracie and her team are missing an opportunity in the FS, she is reusing her SP, so she already knows the routine. Why couldn't they go for something more challenging or innovative for the FS.

That's what happens when you have Lori Nichol as your choreographer and don't challenge her choices for you. :slink:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I knew one day that one of my skaters would choose music I absolutely could not live with, but I did not expect it to be Josh with whiny, mournful, terrible, awful Ed Sheeran.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker

Gah, me too though I seriously doubt Gracie chose the music. That's all Frank and Lori.

They're taking Gracie in the direction I thought they would...and that sucks. I really would've loved to see them give her something that would show some of her personality on the ice. Instead it looks like we're in for more generic cookie-cutter ice princess stuff. Oh well...