2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

NMURA

Medalist
Murakami says that she will play the Phantom's role, not Christine. It could be an interesting comparison.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
He's skated this program in Artistry on Ice, and in ohter thread tell that it is his new SP, and in a Chinese article (I ca't find it) about Han, he told: "My new SP is about a dreamer man, he wants be a star, rich...." or something similar...

Thanks!

Han Yan's If I Were A Rich Man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gMw-g2Awmc

I dunno how I feel about Han Yan's development/packaging….and that is some odd choreography Lori gave him [again]. His skating style of the past couple years reminds me of Oda……………………………

Thank you for link, but I don't agree with your opinion. I like this program, what's wrong with vocal? I suppose that he tried to perform a "typically Jewish" moves. Of course - it's streotypical - but, let's face the truth, most of skaters skate stereotypically to be sure that judges understand them properly, especially when they use "oriental" music.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would pay someone to skate to Nina Simone's Feeling Good.

How much??

Rachel LaFleche CAN
SP Feeling Good

BTW I love me some Nina(!)

I'm going to go ahead and give Selin Kang a huge :clap: for skating to one of my favorite compositions of all time. Pas De Duex :yes: Partially the reason I starting following Yulia was that she was skating to my favorite Tchaikovsky piece :love: it's my own personal Carmen(and soon to be Phantam).

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
What's with the POTO invasion? That music bores me out of my skull.
I hope that somebody will show some sense of humour and skate an ex to Ghostbusters, otherwise I will wait for the chandelier to crash and put me out of my misery.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Majorly side-eyeing anyone who would pick Michael Buble over Nina Simone. That's sacrilegious.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last season Lawrence and Sweigers CAN and
Ksenia Korobkova & Daryn Zhunusov KAZ
used it :)

The original by Screamin' Jay Hawkins, or the Nina Simone remake?

I would love me some Screamin' Jay .....:love:

LRK

Record Breaker
:laugh: Me too, but I don't like that music at all.

Me neither.

I'll confess that I don't mind overused music that I like - what I do mind is overused music that I don't like. I actually resisted watching Akiko's POTO for a long time last season - and I love Akiko. And now it will be with vocals... ! Just the thought makes my teeth hurt...

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh god yes, you're right. I completely forgot that he did it as well. :slink:

How could you? Isn't it used every other EX? Or it feels that way to me... But then, I don't watch many galas, so... maybe I'm just cursed?! Anytime I watch a gala - there he is! Actually, that was one of my first thoughts when I heard about vocals being used: "Great, some more Michael Buble!"

cornell08

Final Flight
Thank you for link, but I don't agree with your opinion. I like this program, what's wrong with vocal? I suppose that he tried to perform a "typically Jewish" moves. Of course - it's streotypical - but, let's face the truth, most of skaters skate stereotypically to be sure that judges understand them properly, especially when they use "oriental" music.

Its not about there being vocals, its that the song is such a blah song-- with or without vocals…they certainly don't enhance it.

I don't think its about stereotypes (personally, I didn't see any) and I have no idea what you're talking about with "oriental" musc, since its usually asians who skate to Far East music 99% of the time. I just think the whole SP packaging lacks "taste" as Steve Jobs would put it.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Its not about there being vocals, its that the song is such a blah song-- with or without vocals…they certainly don't enhance it.

If I were a rich man from Fiddler on the roof is "such a blah song"? It's a great song, bittersweet in meaning, rhytmical, wonderful to interpret, especially with Yan Han's charm.

I don't think its about stereotypes (personally, I didn't see any) and I have no idea what you're talking about with "oriental" musc, since its usually asians who skate to Far East music 99% of the time. I just think the whole SP packaging lacks "taste" as Steve Jobs would put it.

That is why I wrote "oriental" in inverted commas. It is Jewish music and he tries to show the character of Jewish dance as we see it in Hollywood films. Have you ever seen Fiddler on the roof?