2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

Meoima

Match Penalty
I have a feeling all the guys are choosing fun/light atmosphere music for their SP this season. Jason Brown (the music suits him anyways), Javi (rock SP but still look fun), Kovtun (with some sexy moves), Han Yan...

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
She is fun to watch but I am not sure about the music.

Nice program so far. I'm sure it will look a little different by the time she debuts it on the GP. Hopefully she add a bit more speed and "pow!" to it, but that was a pretty good debut.

I think the music is okay, though it's kinda tough to hear based on the video. Overall though, I think she has a pretty good debut SP for her first full senior season.

Bonnie F

On the Ice

I think the program looks good, it seems much more mature but I think the music is a bit forgettable and she definitely needs more speed which will come with time I'm sure. She is reminding me more and more of a young Carolina Kostner in terms of body type and appearance. This type of skater has never been the type I have been instantly drawn to but I'm impressed with Polina's consistency and I'm excited to see how she develops over the next few seasons.

Alba

Record Breaker
Are you guys disapproving the music or her skating? I thought she looked good. I liked this program.

I like Polina very much, but yes. The musical arrangement is horrible. :slink:
Also, I'm not sure Flamenco style suits her. Anyway, needs more time and work. We will see the final product soon and can have a better idea about it.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tuk SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRL2xh6b6zU&app=desktop

I like this program and loove the music. Don't like their twist and death spiral.

Ya know what? Hmm...

My first thought is that she isn't actually listening to the Bolero and instead has some Cleopatro Egyptian themed music playing thru invisible headphones. I am very unsure thar what she is doing is supposed to match the music. Is that too harsh? I really really like Tuk too....someone correct me please.

hanca

Record Breaker
Ya know what? Hmm...

My first thought is that she isn't actually listening to the Bolero and instead has some Cleopatro Egyptian themed music playing thru invisible headphones. I am very unsure thar what she is doing is supposed to match the music. Is that too harsh? I really really like Tuk too....someone correct me please.

I think she is listening to the music because she does hit the beat. The problem is that there is no choreography at places, so no interpretation of Bolero. It gets slightly better at some places, but other parts she could be skating to anything. But it is still early, maybe this was her rough version of her program and she may have session with her choreographer to add there the touches/arm movements etc.

inskate

On the Ice
Ya know what? Hmm...

The arm movements and some parts of the choreo actually remind me of the final parts of Maurice Béjart's "Bolero" (as danced by Maya Plisetskaya). Some of Liza's movements could use some polishing, but I think it's the best program she had in years.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Ya know what? Hmm...
I agree with hanca. She does listen to the music. And she does feel it quite well. But the choreography is not at the finish stage I suppose. And it's just a draft for sure.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The arm movements and some parts of the choreo actually remind me of the final parts of Maurice Béjart's "Bolero" (as danced by Maya Plisetskaya). Some of Liza's movements could use some polishing, but I think it's the best program she had in years.

Good!! I never really decide on the first watch anyway which was admittedly brief today. I am glad to hear positive feedback. Thx :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Good!! I never really decide on the first watch anyway which was admittedly brief today. I am glad to hear positive feedback. Thx :)
But I am not positive about Bolero, though. How many version of Bolero have we seen lately? I'm afraid it's not gonna be a wow factor for her. :frown:

Alba

Record Breaker
Ya know what? Hmm...

My comment on the music was about Tchaikovsky's Manfred Symphony, use in K&S SP program.

As for Tuk, I really like this program and I think she hits every beat of this music. She has capture the essence. She is powerful and intense. I'm sick and tired with Bolero, but if the jumps works as well this is a great program for her.

Amei

Record Breaker
But I am not positive about Bolero, though. How many version of Bolero have we seen lately? I'm afraid it's not gonna be a wow factor for her. :frown:

I just want her to do something besides Latin-themed programs, so I have a hard time getting excited about this program.