2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Polina's LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FsTyQsoTCA&feature=youtu.be
/QUOTE]

Wow Polina, min 1:36 :love:, the russian girls are not alone, I am really impressed with Polina, she is so graceful, her positions, her spiral, everything beautiful :eek:

Really impressed with her performance at this stage in the season. The program needs some tweaking here and there as well as more speed and power, but overall this is looking like a lovely program. Those 8 twizzles holding her leg were :eek:. Wow! That's +2 in my book!

It's a very soft and delicate program, which is fine b/c that compliments her style of skating; I just hope the program leaves a big enough impact. She's got a lot of tough competition this year so she definitely needs to try to stand out. Nailing the jumps is one way to do it but also she needs to stand out in terms of a performance to really grab the judges. Excellent debut though.

I guess Gracie just wanted to kick the competition tires, so to speak. She missed her combo but overall she looks about the same, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it. Good b/c it doesn't seem as if she's lost much ground in terms of her conditioning or being in shape; bad b/c I didn't see much improvement in terms of her performance and really connecting to the program or audience. Either people in the audience really didn't care for her or they just weren't that excited about what she was doing. It seemed like very few people clapped for her during her performance. Afterwards yes, but they seemed much more supportive of the other skaters. Was it just me or did anyone else notice that too?

Hopefully she'll get herself together and we'll get a peek at her FS before SA. Is she doing the international classic again this year?

Figureskaterr

Rinkside
Really impressed with her performance at this stage in the season. The program needs some tweaking here and there as well as more speed and power, but overall this is looking like a lovely program. Those 8 twizzles holding her leg were :eek:. Wow! That's +2 in my book!

It's a very soft and delicate program, which is fine b/c that compliments her style of skating; I just hope the program leaves a big enough impact. She's got a lot of tough competition this year so she definitely needs to try to stand out. Nailing the jumps is one way to do it but also she needs to stand out in terms of a performance to really grab the judges. Excellent debut though.

I guess Gracie just wanted to kick the competition tires, so to speak. She missed her combo but overall she looks about the same, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it. Good b/c it doesn't seem as if she's lost much ground in terms of her conditioning or being in shape; bad b/c I didn't see much improvement in terms of her performance and really connecting to the program or audience. Either people in the audience really didn't care for her or they just weren't that excited about what she was doing. It seemed like very few people clapped for her during her performance. Afterwards yes, but they seemed much more supportive of the other skaters. Was it just me or did anyone else notice that too?

Hopefully she'll get herself together and we'll get a peek at her FS before SA. Is she doing the international classic again this year?

Have you seen this? :) Polina beats Charlie in twizzles 25-18 haha! :yay: http://instagram.com/p/mbIj_MEjZ4/?modal=true

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All ***UNCONFIRMED*** ATM but word on Russian social media is Yulia will skate her SP to Bel Suono : Megapolis and her FS to Disney's Mulan. I'm searching for an official release other than her fan page which has retracted things before.

FWIW I found this info on her fan page which she has admin rights to and posts there herself on occasion.

MUSIC:
SP: http://youtu.be/i-4v4XxpnIc
FS: nothing released yet

Figureskaterr

Rinkside
All ***UNCONFIRMED*** ATM but word on Russian social media is Yulia will skate her SP to Bel Suono : Megapolis and her FS to Disney's Mulan. I'm searching for an official release other than her fan page which has retracted things before.

FWIW I found this info on her fan page which she has admin rights to and posts there herself on occasion.

MUSIC:

http://vk.com/julia_lipnitskaya

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Oh my, if it's really Mulan, that's wonderful :D At last - no Romeo and Juliet, no Schindler's List, no Carmen - something what suits her age instead. I hope it's true :D

ioanablabla

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Quick question- how many programs are coreographed by Lori Nichol? Does she have time to sleep?

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Oh my, if it's really Mulan, that's wonderful :D At last - no Romeo and Juliet, no Schindler's List, no Carmen - something what suits her age instead. I hope it's true :D

*crosses fingers for 'I'll Make a Man Out of You'*

That would be so incredibly amazing. :love:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post

MUSIC:

I am very intrigued by Mulan possibility. I hope she does Reflections (one of my fav gala from young Yuna) and I like the lyrics. With this program she can skate as herself reflecting last year' highs and lows with the ridiculous heights of media attention/expectation and it should come across as pretty convincing.

---

Lyrics from Reflection

Look at me
You may think you see
Who I really am
But you'll never know me
Every day
It's as if I play a part
Now I see
If I wear a mask
I can fool the world
But I cannot fool my heart

Who is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me?
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?

I am now
In a world where I have to hide my heart
And what I believe in
But somehow
I will show the world
What's inside my heart
And be loved for who I am

Who is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me?
Why is my reflection
Someone I don't know?
Must I pretend that I'm
Someone else for all time?
Who I am inside?

There's a heart that must be
Free to fly
That burns with a need to know
The reason why

Why must we all conceal
What we think, how we feel?
Must there be a secret me
I'm forced to hide?
I won't pretend that I'm
Someone else for all time
Who I am inside?
Who I am inside?

-----

I like the fact Yulia cares great deal about her choices as oppose to simply accept what is chosen for her.
(Bonus: Mulan @ Cup of China... Zijun better watch out - new media darling in town)

Alba

Record Breaker

I'm ok with Megapolis and I can see her skate to this music.
I really hope the FS is not Mulan though. A music for kindergarten. :sarcasm::disapp:

I think Schindler' list suited her age perfectly, given the fact that she was portraying a little girl.
It was a great idea, and it's a music and subject that suits all ages, whether you're a man/boy, girl/woman, pairs, dance