2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I'm ok with Megapolis and I can see her skate to this music.
I really hope the FS is not Mulan though. A music for kindergarten. :sarcasm::disapp:

LOL... i didn't know Mulan went to war when she was in kindergarten :p
I do agree it is a music for young skater. For someone like Carolina Kostner would have been too young.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I was speaking about the music. To me it is very kindergarten music. Is that a problem with you?

No problem at all, but Yulia has youth on her side, she might as well make the best use of it, it was why SL worked so well for her. This would make her a natural transition program for her until she get more 'adult' themed track next year and start to wear lingerie costumes ;). Besides, Bel Suono: Megapolis makes a nice contemporary contrast package for her this year.

Alba

Record Breaker
No problem at all, but Yulia has youth on her side, she might as well make the best use of it, it was why SL worked so well for her. This would make her a natural transition program for her until she get more 'adult' themed track next year and start to wear lingerie costumes ;). Besides, Bel Suono: Megapolis makes a nice contemporary contrast package for her this year.

There is a whole world in between being a child and wear lingerie costumes. No need to go into extremes.
Megapolis is fine. Mulan is horrible, and I really hope that's not true. I'll wait and see the program but I don't like it, at all. :disapp:

treeloving

Medalist
I don't know why many people think Mulan is childish? May be they only remember the singing song part of the movie; some of the score is actually quite epic.

Oh at least it is still better than another Carmen, R&J or POTO.

Amei

Record Breaker
There is a whole world in between being a child and wear lingerie costumes. No need to go into extremes.
Megapolis is fine. Mulan is horrible, and I really hope that's not true. I'll wait and see the program but I don't like it, at all. :disapp:

It's just the movie soundtrack, it had some decent music to it. And its something different - so there is something to be excited about.

Alba

Record Breaker
There are also many versions of Chinese Mulan series(HK/China/Taiwan). They might opt doing something different from the Disney's. My favourtie version is Zhao Wei as Mulan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofF0LKBiYUw There are lots of war-themed music in every one of them too.

It's just the movie soundtrack, it had some decent music to it. And its something different - so there is something to be excited about.

I really hope you're both right, because at the moment I'm like: :scowl: :slink:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As someone who keeps close tabs on Yulia I must admit Mulan came as a surprise and I like that. I like that she is tackling something new.

Alba

Record Breaker
As someone who keeps close tabs on Yulia I must admit Mulan came as a surprise and I like that. I like that she is tackling something new.

Is this the one she had doubts about or this the new one she has chosen?

NQShamrock

Rinkside

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm okay with Yulia doing Mulan. While she still has youth on her side, she can keep taking advantage of it. I hope she doesn't opt for lyrics though.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm okay with Yulia doing Mulan. While she still has youth on her side, she can keep taking advantage of it. I hope she doesn't opt for lyrics though.

They released a presser a few days back that Yulia had settled on music and it has no vocals. So I doubt it.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
They released a presser a few days back that Yulia had settled on music and it has no vocals. So I doubt it.
Ah, good to know. I think Yulia is a very expressive storyteller, so vocals would just be unnecessary at best, or make the whole thing too literal at worst.

Amei

Record Breaker
I really hope you're both right, because at the moment I'm like: :scowl: :slink:

Haven't others done music from Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty? I don't remember there being any fuss about it being kid-music.