2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 60 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If someone wants to maintain a video thread, go for it. It is hard because videos disappear all the time from youtube and dailymotion.

However, I have enough on my plate with this thread, and the competition video threads. I would like to do some in depth threads on new dance rules,and how they are being enforced, but my time has been too limited to write one.

centerpt1

On the Ice
wait, is this the third SP that jeremy's gone through this pre-season?

Yikes. i hope he settles on one soon.

I think only the second "new" one. The other option was repeating lillies.

He has done the last minute short switch a time or two before. Once he went to his first GP with a short that was only about 3 weeks old.

Very scary.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
^
Yeah, and I remember the Gene Kelly program he prepared for last season(that I never saw :confused: ), choreographed by Robin Cousins. But then he switched to 'Lilies of the Valley'.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
If someone wants to maintain a video thread, go for it. It is hard because videos disappear all the time from youtube and dailymotion.

However, I have enough on my plate with this thread, and the competition video threads. I would like to do some in depth threads on new dance rules,and how they are being enforced, but my time has been too limited to write one.

Doris, I hope you know that cruzceleste's comment made me ponder the notion of a thread of the very simplest nature for video of programs -- without any expectation whatsoever of an OP that you or anyone else would be meticulously organizing and updating. (In any case, seems best for me to forget the idea of a video thread.)

We already are spoiled that you catalog this Programs thread so diligently every year. :bow: Thanks for all that you do for GS.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Of course. But I found out doing this thread that people envision a thread as organized so they can find things easily. Unfortunately, there is no genie to organize a thread; it is done by a person or persons. golden, I would love to see such a thread. I just don't have the time to do it myself.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Of course. But I found out doing this thread that people envision a thread as organized so they can find things easily. Unfortunately, there is no genie to organize a thread; it is done by a person or persons. golden, I would love to see such a thread. I just don't have the time to do it myself.

Thx for your reply, Doris. :)
What I was trying to say earlier is that IMHO, a video thread would be popular even without a master list -- and thus without any labor-intensive wrangling by a human "genie." I was thinking of something as simple as the Hanyu "media only" thread in Fan Fests.
(IMO, the "Search Thread" feature would make it easy enough for a motivated GS member to find a certain skater's programs within a video thread.)

I never imagined/hoped that the video thread would be one one-thousandth as ambitious -- in terms of organization, breadth, etc. -- as this encyclopedic :bow: Programs thread.
I had addressed my comment to the mods only because cruzceleste suggested the possibility of a pinned video thread -- and definitely not because I was looking at you or anyone else to expend any time or effort to spoonfeed us by creating and constantly updating an exhaustive index.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The site owner prefers to use pinning in very rare cases. However, use of the Subscription function can make any updated thread easy to find by using Settings to view updates in your Subscribed threads. You also can set your subscription to send you an email every time the thread is updated.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I haven't seen any information Tatsuki Machida's programs yet. Did I miss the announcement? I didn't see his name in the first page. Can someone provide an update? Please and thank you.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I haven't seen any information Tatsuki Machida's programs yet. Did I miss the announcement? I didn't see his name in the first page. Can someone provide an update? Please and thank you.
Not any info at the moment yet, I am afraid.
But for sure he will up the technical content.

Interspectator

Record Breaker

--Mysterious Machida. I hope we will see his programs at Carnival on Ice
:)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
BTW, a number of junior ISu bios have been updated prior to JGP Tallinn. I have updated the master lists to include the new info.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
^
Yeah, and I remember the Gene Kelly program he prepared for last season(that I never saw :confused: ), choreographed by Robin Cousins. But then he switched to 'Lilies of the Valley'.

Thank Champs Camp once again. The Gene Kelly program was brilliant and a better fit than that Lillies of the Valley.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Try it's his second. His first and only choice up to Champs Camp making him switch was "Latch."

The three SPs apparently in the mix this season for Abbott:

(1) Latch

(2) Lilies of the Valley (which he will use again at least for 2014 Skate America SP)

(3) The "unseen/ unannounced brand new" SP that he is "debuting" at An Evening with Champions. (Unless he means Latch, which would not really be an "unseen/ unannounced brand new" debut.)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

(1) Latch

(2) Lilies of the Valley (which he will use again at least for 2014 Skate America SP)

(3) The "unseen/ unannounced brand new" SP that he is "debuting" at An Evening with Champions. (Unless he means Latch, which would not really be an "unseen/ unannounced brand new" debut.)

I hope he'll do the "Latch" one at Skate America.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty

(1) Latch

I hope he'll do the "Latch" one at Skate America.

He stated that before his new SP was done (circa Sept 8). So if he feels more comfortable doing his disastrous SP to Lillies at Skate Am then more power to him. But there were officially only 2 on the agenda this year. Latch and this new one he's debuting this weekend in Boston. And Latch isn't really an option anymore because it got nixed by officials at Champs Camp.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He stated that before his new SP was done (circa Sept 8). So if he feels more comfortable doing his disastrous SP to Lillies at Skate Am then more power to him. But there were officially only 2 on the agenda this year. Latch and this new one he's debuting this weekend in Boston. And Latch isn't really an option anymore because it got nixed by officials at Champs Camp.

Why was it nixed?

charmblade

Final Flight
Well, Jeremy must be debuting the new program at tomorrow night's show. Tonight he did "Latch," which was actually excellent, but seems to be his new exhibition. It was missing most of the SP components, with only two jumps and I don't really remember him doing any spins. I mean, maybe he would just add those in if he is using it in competition, but this really felt like an exhibition. It was very good, it really showed off his expressive nature and dance ability but I don't really see it as a competitive program.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Lillies was not always disastrous. It was absolutely wonderful at Nationals. I really enjoyed it.

I didn't know Latch got nixed.

Well, Jeremy must be debuting the new program at tomorrow night's show. Tonight he did "Latch," which was actually excellent, but seems to be his new exhibition. It was missing most of the SP components, with only two jumps and I don't really remember him doing any spins. I mean, maybe he would just add those in if he is using it in competition, but this really felt like an exhibition. It was very good, it really showed off his expressive nature and dance ability but I don't really see it as a competitive program.

Can I ask if Joshua was there? I was getting mixed vibes from Twitter that he was supposed to be there, but then right in the middle of when other skaters were tweeting about the show he was tweeting about being lonely. :cry: