Tuktamisheva aims to return to previous form | Golden Skate

Tuktamisheva aims to return to previous form

Alba

Record Breaker
Former Russian prodigy tries to overcome injuries, psychological issues

For Elizaveta Tuktamisheva, this past season could be considered a turning point in her career. Indeed, the 17-year-old, who in 2011 achieved unexpected victories at both of her Grand Prix events and initiated a Russian "avalanche" in ladies figure skating, failed to qualify for the Olympic team.

The 2013 European bronze medalist and 2013 national champion had to face the challenges of a transition period, involving a variety of ailments and psychological issues, which greatly impacted her results. She began last season by winning a bronze at the 2013 Finlandia Trophy, and then finished fourth at both of her Grand Prix assignments and 10th at the Russian championships.

She sustained an ankle injury in March at the Russian Cup Final. The resulting tests showed she had torn a ligament. After a difficult recovery period, the skater resumed training. This month, she joined Alexei Mishin's training camp in Pinzolo, Italy, where she is working on her programs for the new season.

Icenetwork talked with the Russian skater about her recovery period, her memories of last season and her future goals.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/06/30/82358418

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
sky_fly to enter this thread and tell us all it's because she's too fat in 3...2...1...

In all serious, I'd love to see Liza come back successfully. She's such a feisty spirited skater and her jumps are so great.

Alba

Record Breaker
sky_fly to enter this thread and tell us all it's because she's too fat in 3...2...1...

:laugh:

In all serious, I'd love to see Liza come back successfully. She's such a feisty spirited skater and her jumps are so great

:agree:

I do think it's as she said, a psycological problem. We were discussing this with kwanatic, I think, a month ago.

begin

Medalist
Gosh, Liza was by far my favorite Russian lady back when she was a junior. I really hope she rebounds from her disappointments.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if any recent Russian skaters have tried training/coaching arrangements outside of Russia?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
No, please not an Indian-themed FS :slink: it reminds me of her terrible Junior programs... But maybe, after all, it will be batter than another Mambo :biggrin:

Country
Russia
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if any recent Russian skaters have tried training/coaching arrangements outside of Russia?
Many famous coaches are former Russian skaters. Natalia Linichuk, Marina Zueva etc.

Results of skaters who changed Russia to other country, are not so good.
Annd Ovcharova, who was one of the leaders being Russian Junior (JGP Final and 5th place JrWorlds at 2009) now, as Swiss skater, was 20th at Worlds-2014.

Naya

On the Ice
Liza, I wish you all the best but please - NO MORE LATIN MUSIC AND BLACK COSTUMES!!!

GOOD LUCK WITH EVERTHING ELSE. :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
a combination of fast weight gain, puberty issues and injury buried her last season
I doubt she can get back again, she will be buried in the Russian field. Tuk is the New Elene G.

Tuk will never improve under Mishin's tuteledge
bad program, all black tango costumes and horrible skating skills and level 2 bad spins
she needs to leave Mishin fast

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Like skyfly, I am not optimistic about her chances to return to the top of the Russian ladies field. There are a lot of skaters who can match her jumps (Adelina, Anna, Julia, Elena, etc.), most of whom do all the non jump elements and program presentation better than Liza.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Liza has a likeable personality and it's sad to see her struggle with her jumps. I, too have my doubts that she will ever return to her former level of success. She has a changed body and up to now hasn't quite been able to adapt her technique to the physical changes.

bsfan

On the Ice
Like skyfly, I am not optimistic about her chances to return to the top of the Russian ladies field. There are a lot of skaters who can match her jumps (Adelina, Anna, Julia, Elena, etc.), most of whom do all the non jump elements and program presentation better than Liza.

I have to agree on this. And Lisa has to loose weight. It will help on her confidence, not just jumps.

begin

Medalist
Many famous coaches are former Russian skaters. Natalia Linichuk, Marina Zueva etc.

Results of skaters who changed Russia to other country, are not so good.
Annd Ovcharova, who was one of the leaders being Russian Junior (JGP Final and 5th place JrWorlds at 2009) now, as Swiss skater, was 20th at Worlds-2014.

Without a doubt Russia houses strong resources for their skaters. It's just that given the depth of ladies singles there, I'm curious as to what training abroad could do for a Russian lady. Not to say that the same environment is ubiquitous in Russia but going overseas can be a substantial experience (psychologically).

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
"program is based on Indian themes, in the Asian style". What does that mean???? :confused:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Only Adelina has equal jumps to Liza. But can she performs like she did in Sochi? I am curious and we are still waiting.
Anna's jumps are okay. But her spins are bad equally to Liza.
In no way Yulia has better jumps than a healthy Liza.
Elena is still junior, she hasn't hit puberty yet so it's really difficult to say anything beforehand.

It's true that Liza's spins are not good but she has certain charm. She is good at using her arms than Adelina.

I am not optimistic about Liza coming back, but if she is really willing, then I hope for her the best. She has the talents.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Maybe she meant to differentiate between [South] Asian Indian and, um, Columbus's "Indian". Either way I disapprove.

Maybe she will skate to American native people's music. In Europe those people are "indians". But that theme in the Asian style??? I'm really curious.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Maybe she will skate to American native people's music. In Europe those people are "indians". But that theme in the Asian style??? I'm really curious.

In america now, the accepted term is American Indian for what we used to call 'Native Americans' in an attempt to be politically correct. It has flipped back around from 'Native American' now and the accepted term is American Indian. Some people are behind the times and continue to believe the term Indian is not politically correct, but this is untrue. See, for example, the United States Bureau of Indian Affairs, National Museum of the American Indian, the vast majority of scholarly works referring to this group of people, and so on.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
In america now, the accepted term is American Indian for what we used to call 'Native Americans' in an attempt to be politically correct. It has flipped back around from 'Native American' now and the accepted term is American Indian. Some people are behind the times and continue to believe the term Indian is not politically correct, but this is untrue. See, for example, the United States Bureau of Indian Affairs, National Museum of the American Indian, the vast majority of scholarly works referring to this group of people, and so on.

thank you :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I have to agree on this. And Lisa has to loose weight. It will help on her confidence, not just jumps.

this is what really caused her to lose her jumps coupled with bad genetic body type
she needs to lose 10 pounds or more, her jumps will get stable as she loses weight