Best coach for Russian ladies? | Golden Skate

Best coach for Russian ladies?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Is is Morozov? Mishin? Julia's coach? Who is the coach turning out the best of the Russian ladies or are there a bunch of people now to spread the wealth? Just curious who a young talented girl with big dreams would seek out first...

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'm not 100% sure about who is the actual go-to, but I'd say there are a number of popular coaches.

I'd think that given the success of Julia, Eteri Tutberidze is probably in demand right now. She also coaches Evgenia Medvedeva who has been successful on the junior level.

Same goes for Elena Radionova's coach, Inna Goncharenko. She also coaches Alexandra Proklova.

I'd think Adelina's coach Elena Buianova may see a jump in people coming to her due to Adelina's OGM.

I'd say Mishin is still an excellent jump coach but he lacks the majority of the in-betweens skaters need which doesn't make him a good go-to.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Tutberidze - coaches Julia, Serafima, Adian, Moris, Voronov, Medvedeva, Tsurskaya
Anna Tsareva - Anna P
Svetlana Panova - Maria Sotskova
Mishin - Tuk, Petrov, Nugumanova
Urmanov - Anastasia Gubanova, Gosviani
Buyanova - Sotnikova, Kovtun, Samarin
Inna Goncharenko - Radionova, Proklova
Rukavitsin - Menshov, Artemeieva

I think there are now more qualified coaches
most of these coaches can help depending on skaters compatibility
just dont go to one coach, aka Grim Reaper Sokolovskaya

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I guess, for the moment, we can say it's Eteri Tutberidze.

But honestly, there's no real "go-to" coach. It's about finding the right fit--the coach that works for you. ;)

hanca

Record Breaker
I guess, for the moment, we can say it's Eteri Tutberidze.

But honestly, there's no real "go-to" coach. It's about finding the right fit--the coach that works for you. ;)

I don't think Tutberidze achieved anything more than Goncharenko with her ladies skaters. Goncharenko matched Tutberidze pretty equally - one has Lipnitskaya and the other one Radionova, one has Medvedeva and the other has Proklova, so that's pretty equal. Tutberidze now has also Sakhanovich but considering that she has been teaching her only for a few months, Sakhanovich's results can't be contributed to her.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I don't think Tutberidze achieved anything more than Goncharenko with her ladies skaters. Goncharenko matched Tutberidze pretty equally - one has Lipnitskaya and the other one Radionova, one has Medvedeva and the other has Proklova, so that's pretty equal. Tutberidze now has also Sakhanovich but considering that she has been teaching her only for a few months, Sakhanovich's results can't be contributed to her.

Tutberidze trains male skater that have achieved more in international scenes Voronov, Pitkeev, she has Tsurskaya for 2015

Goncharenko cannot teach a correct axel techique that contributed to Samarin's terrible season last 2013,
luckily Samarin has left Goncharenko and is now with Buyanova

zamboni step

Final Flight
Tutberidze trains male skater that have achieved more in international scenes Voronov, Pitkeev, she has Tsurskaya for 2015

Goncharenko cannot teach a correct axel techique that contributed to Samarin's terrible season last 2013,
luckily Samarin has left Goncharenko and is now with Buyanova

That's odd.....I don't remember Lipnitskaya or Medvedeva's incredible axel technique, Tsurskaya's isn't looking so hot either. I do however know Proklova has an amazing 2A technique. So really neither coaches are good at teaching axel, Radionova's is improving although it does have a long way to go. Honestly 2A is almost every Russian girl's worst jump; Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, Pogorilaya, Radionova, Sakhanovich and Kayumova all have pretty shaky 2As. The only two coaches I know of in Russia who don't teach pretty shaky axel are Mishin and Buyanova.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
That's odd.....I don't remember Lipnitskaya or Medvedeva's incredible axel technique, Tsurskaya's isn't looking so hot either. I do however know Proklova has an amazing 2A technique. So really neither coaches are good at teaching axel, Radionova's is improving although it does have a long way to go. Honestly 2A is almost every Russian girl's worst jump; Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, Pogorilaya, Radionova, Sakhanovich and Kayumova all have pretty shaky 2As. The only two coaches I know of in Russia who don't teach pretty shaky axel are Mishin and Buyanova.

Proklova is an exception, the rest have either a hop axel or no flow jump ala Radionova

zamboni step

Final Flight
Proklova is an exception, the rest have either a hop axel or no flow jump ala Radionova

The only difference is Eteri taught one boy good axel technique, Voronov had his before Tutberidze. So if Proklova is an exception than so is Pitkeev. Radionova needs to work on her axel but not as much as Julia or Medvedeva. Medvedeva in particular....

Alba

Record Breaker
Axel or no Axel - I'm not obsessed with that as long as they land it - I would go with Eteri and Inna Goncharenko, if I have to choose.
In principle I agree with Sandpiper though. It's about finding the right fit--the coach that works for you.

hanca

Record Breaker

That's again match for match. Tutberidze has Tsurskaya and Gocharenko has Victoria Bezrukova. Tsurskaya and Bezrukova are again reasonably matched with their skills. At the Russian baby nationals Первенство России (мл. вз.) 2014 (possibly something like novice) Tsurskaya won it with a score 0.32 higher than Bezrukova who was second. They will become junior eligible at the same season.

In regards to men, I thought this thread is not who is the best coach ever, but who is the best coach for Russian ladies.

hanca

Record Breaker
Tutberidze has an advantage that Lipnitskaya was a year ahead, so she is slightly ahead of Radionova. But if you compare first semi-senior season of Julia and Elena, both of them placed 2nd and 3rd at their first senior GP events, they both got to GPF, Julia had to withdraw for injuries whereas Elena ended up 4th. That's pretty comparable. Julia would not do any better last season than 4th at the GPF. But it is Elena who managed to get two Junior worlds titles at 2 junior world attendances, whereas Julia managed it only once. Julia benefited from having the chance of competing at Olympics, whereas Elena would not be ready this season (same as Julia was not quite ready the last season), but if Elena had the opportunity to attend Olympics this coming season, she might do as well as Julia did. Besides, until now Julia still benefited from being older, but from this or maximum next season that should not play any role anymore.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Say what you will about Yulia's advantages or benefits but in the end it was Eteri who coached/prepared Yulia to take full advantage of every opportunity granted along the way. That is the key. Not just the benefits afforded but most importantly the ability to capitalize on them and build momentum. This can only be realized blade to ice and in training/mental preperation. That is why I said Eteri is the best coach for teaching competitiveness. She got Yulia to the top despite her weaknesses and made her a formidable contender in any event. Even during the terrible year riddled with injury and boot failures she made GPF and as you pointed out got 2nd at JWC where she was clearly not 100% yet. :clap:

hanca

Record Breaker
Say what you will about Yulia's advantages or benefits but in the end it was Eteri who coached/prepared Yulia to take full advantage of every opportunity granted along the way. That is the key. Not just the benefits afforded but most importantly the ability to capitalize on them and build momentum. This can only be realized blade to ice and in training/mental preperation. That is why I said Eteri is the best coach for teaching competitiveness. She got Yulia to the top despite her weaknesses and made her a formidable contender in any event. Even during the terrible year riddled with injury and boot failures she made GPF and as you pointed out got 2nd at JWC where she was clearly not 100% yet. :clap:

That maybe, but my point is that at the moment, Elena follows Julia's progress and at times even exceeds it. Julia is obviously the one who has now a medal from Olympics, and Elena is the one who has the repeated title of Junior worlds which obviously points out that at this stage Julia is more accomplished, but after both of them spend a season or two in seniors, Julia's age advantage will disappear. So for long term prognosis or even chances for the next Olympics, they are currently very equally matched and Julia's coach is not any more accomplished in bringing up talented ladies that Elena's coach. This thread is comparing the coaches after all. And my point is that Elena matched everything Julia did (with the exception that Julia is a year ahead).

desertskates

Medalist
My immediate thought was Eteri Tuberidze. I didn't realize she coaches all those girls! She must be dead tired at the day's end! :jaw: