Tickets For Cup of China | Golden Skate

Tickets For Cup of China

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Quote post from another thread on CoC tickets.

Does anyone know the website to purchase online ticket for the COC? Thanks in advance :)

I suspect posting in the CoC thread may be helpful to you so people that have gone to CoC can give you info.
But after some googling, here's the official site's tickets page, but the official site hasn't updated with this year's dates and skaters, so I don't think you'll have much luck there. The site redirects you to this page to purchase tickets, and if you click 'booking' it looks like that's where you'd book tickets, but that site is also still not updated with this year's info. But as CoC gets closer, those are the websites I would be checking regularly.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I am a little surprised that nothing's up yet for tickets to the COC in Shanghai this year… anyone hear of anything yet?

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
Can anyone explain the ticket options for COC14? The website is not very clear what the differences are...

Hi KansaiPJ, sorry for sudden question but do you live in Kansai area and are planning to go to COC?
I am asking because I am. I heard this is pre-sale where you can only select the zone but not the exact seat. But you can choose your seats if you purchase after Sep 3, if there are still good seats left.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Hi KansaiPJ, sorry for sudden question but do you live in Kansai area and are planning to go to COC?
I am asking because I am. I heard this is pre-sale where you can only select the zone but not the exact seat. But you can choose your seats if you purchase after Sep 3, if there are still good seats left.

Pre-sale? Hmm. It is not clear on the website (http://www.228.com.cn/zhuanti/huabing2014e/).

Thank you for your post. I do live in the kansai, in Osaka actually. I went to the website listed in on this thread and the ticketing has been a bit strange. The link leads to a very poorly explained form where you pick the days and ticket levels you want and then send in a form. After that, they sent an email (looking unofficial) to me asking me to confirm the days and ticket-levels that I had already selected on the form. I did that. Then they told me to send money via bank transfer. But, as you mentioned, there was no way to select the specific seat. Also, they said I would have to pick up the tickets when I get to Shangai, they will not send to Japan. This seems strange to me.

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
Pre-sale? Hmm. It is not clear on the website (http://www.228.com.cn/zhuanti/huabing2014e/).

Thank you for your post. I do live in the kansai, in Osaka actually. I went to the website listed in on this thread and the ticketing has been a bit strange. The link leads to a very poorly explained form where you pick the days and ticket levels you want and then send in a form. After that, they sent an email (looking unofficial) to me asking me to confirm the days and ticket-levels that I had already selected on the form. I did that. Then they told me to send money via bank transfer. But, as you mentioned, there was no way to select the specific seat. Also, they said I would have to pick up the tickets when I get to Shangai, they will not send to Japan. This seems strange to me.

Yup it is a pre-sale. I read Chinese and I follow COC's Weibo (Chinese version of Twitter), so I know about it. It is similar to the pre-entry of Lawson Ticket or eplus for NHK Trophy in Japan, but without the "lottery". That's why you can only choose the level but not the exact seat.

The official "on sale" day is Sep 3 from 14:00 China time, you can choose any seat that's left after pre-sale. Today (oh I should say yesterday, I mean, Monday) is the day when pre-sale ticket purchasers can check their seats on line. Based on what I heard, CoC arranged more arena seats this year because it seems the pre-sales went well. No one I know got the first 3 rows (maybe the most front rows are kept for real VIPs and sponsors), but my friends basically got the front rows in the long track side. No one I know got the short track VIP near K&C, not sure if those are kept for some one or they are just not for pre-sale. CoC's Weibo account said that they requested Yongle Ticket to arrange long track side front seats to pre-sale purchasers as many as possible, because those pre-sale purchasers are the lovers of the sport (unlike Japan, FS is not so popular in China so if you order during pre-sale you must be a follower of the sport). So I think a good seat is guaranteed during pre-sale despite you cannot choose the specific seat.

And this is indeed the website. But I am not sure about the procedure either:( Anyway I'll try my luck on 3rd when I can select, because I definitely want my seat to be on the judges' side. Good luck!

firal

Record Breaker
I don't have anything new to add other than to say that I followed through with the bank transfer from overseas and pre-ordered my tickets. I asked them to check my seat assignment for me since I could not create a Yongle account without having a Chinese cellphone number(boo!), and they did. Looks like I am quite high up as far as rows go and I am on the opposite side from the judges. I might have a slight heart-attack if I see really good seats available for selection on the 3rd! :laugh:

I know there is a huge interest from people in Japan to go over to Shanghai this year, and many travel company provide packages that include flight/accommodation/tickets/transportation. Does anyone know what kind of seating they would have?

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
arigatou

Thank you both, pandaatlarge & firal, for you input. I really appreciate it. I will complete the bank transfer today and request seats as close to the judges as possible. I am still a pretty new fan to figure skating (less than one year now), so I appreciate your advice a lot! :)

Last edited:

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
I don't have anything new to add other than to say that I followed through with the bank transfer from overseas and pre-ordered my tickets. I asked them to check my seat assignment for me since I could not create a Yongle account without having a Chinese cellphone number(boo!), and they did. Looks like I am quite high up as far as rows go and I am on the opposite side from the judges. I might have a slight heart-attack if I see really good seats available for selection on the 3rd! :laugh:

I know there is a huge interest from people in Japan to go over to Shanghai this year, and many travel company provide packages that include flight/accommodation/tickets/transportation. Does anyone know what kind of seating they would have?
Many people claimed about it yesterday that why they got so high up seats for pre-sale tickets despite they ordered so early, so many claims that Yongle had to explain it is due to the new arrangement of areana seats, the row numbers of the new arena seats are added on top of stand VIP seats. For example, I heard that for one long track side the most front row is number 7, and the opposite side front is even number11. My friends have got Row 15 and it is the 5th row from the ice level. So you may actually have a very good seat!

firal

Record Breaker
Many people claimed about it yesterday that why they got so high up seats for pre-sale tickets despite they ordered so early, so many claims that Yongle had to explain it is due to the new arrangement of areana seats, the row numbers of the new arena seats are added on top of stand VIP seats. For example, I heard that for one long track side the most front row is number 7, and the opposite side front is even number11. My friends have got Row 15 and it is the 5th row from the ice level. So you may actually have a very good seat!

Yes thanks, I did see the clarification after I posted. I guess I was not the only one disappointed about my seat. :p I did ordered them quite late since I was having a lot of trouble initially, so I am not that close to the rink, but that is sometimes good since I have a better view of the whole rink.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I just completed the pre-order ticket purchase, mere hours before the general sale was to begin (I think, but as far as the website is concerned, there has been no change). Like firal, I had a lot of trouble, but I just got an email confirming the purchase. Unfortunately, when I asked about requesting a seat assignment, they replied "We will arrange the tickets according to your payment order." Whatever that means…

:confused:

foruiz

Final Flight
Thanks firal especially with your accounts on how to get tickets in the Yuzu Hanyu forum. Looks like I might not be able to go after all because I haven't been able to get plane tickets yet. Enjoy everyone!

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
Damn the ticketing system!
My friends were helping me the whole afternoon to get VIP zone tickets. After a while they told me unfortunately all the VIP tickets on Saturday were sold out, so we had to settle at the next best seats. And when we purchased, the VIP tickets appeared again! They are still there now, mocking me!

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Damn the ticketing system!
My friends were helping me the whole afternoon to get VIP zone tickets. After a while they told me unfortunately all the VIP tickets on Saturday were sold out, so we had to settle at the next best seats. And when we purchased, the VIP tickets appeared again! They are still there now, mocking me!

I totally understand your frustration. I have arranged for VIP zone for all three days, but they won't give me a seat assignment yet, so I have no idea where I will be sitting. It is driving me crazy! Did you use the website listed above, or is there another one? This is craziness! :sarcasm:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Thanks firal especially with your accounts on how to get tickets in the Yuzu Hanyu forum. Looks like I might not be able to go after all because I haven't been able to get plane tickets yet. Enjoy everyone!

Expedia JP still has flight & hotel packages for that weekend. Check it out. :thumbsup:

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
I totally understand your frustration. I have arranged for VIP zone for all three days, but they won't give me a seat assignment yet, so I have no idea where I will be sitting. It is driving me crazy! Did you use the website listed above, or is there another one? This is craziness! :sarcasm:

It is the same website above, but my friends in China helped me get the tickets from Chinese page, where you can choose your seats from this afternoon. But most of the long track side front/center seats are gone, because they were reserved for pre-sale tickets. So don't worry, I think you will still get good seats because you purchased your tickets during pre-sale period. Obviously CoC became more popular this year, so popular that organizer had to arrange more arena seats, and VIP tickets are almost sold out despite it is still so early.

firal

Record Breaker
Just for fun (or torture) I also clicked on the seat selection website to see what kind of tickets are available now. Well my tickets are only very slightly better than what's still available (like a row ahead),and about the last row of the VIP zone. I can still see a few VIP tickets lying around if anyone's interested, but really the seats are pretty much as close as the ones that are cheaper (280 and 300).

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I am getting my tourist visa for Shanghai this week. I am getting excited. I hope this will be a great event. :clap:

ngml

Rinkside
I am considering if I should fly in to catch Yuzuru in this competition (or Words 2015) since I could not get the NHK Trophy. Given the short turnaround time, may I ask if anyone of you know of any decent hotel near a subway station that is near to the sports centre ? Travelling alone and will just be in Shanghai for this event so would prefer to stay somewhere convenient.. Thanks